Thread: Fotm isnt op

Deleted

Fotm isnt op

People are silly saying that they cant get gladiator because they cannot run a fotm setup, a fotm setup isnt a free ride to high ratings, you can get high ratings with any setup if you have the skill for it.

Lets say you play RLS, well everyone else is playing it aswell, so it comes down to skill.

Fotm is the crappiest excuse of all time.

10+ Year Old Account
    FOTM makes sense though. It IS a boost, whether you like it or not, classes just aren't balanced.

FOTM means that teams of say... three boomkins, would have a rather hard time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

FOTM means that you have an easier time accomplishing your goal in PVP. it is not free, but it's not as hard. it's not an excuse it's the truth. there's a reason why everyone is playing RLS and it's not because it's harder to do, hence it is FOTM, not very complicated.

Deleted
    Let's say you play RLS, and other people play RLS - so it comes down to skills.

Ok, so that makes sense for the 10 RLS teams. If you're NOT playing RLS, you STILL have to beat all those RLS teams, but you can't* beat all the other teams because you're not as good as RLS.

*as easily

Deleted
    I used to solo 3v3 as a SL SL warlock once. Fun times. Both of my friends DCed and i beat the crap out of three mages, and then i procceeded arena doing 1v3. Lol.

And i also used to solo arena with a 2h enh shaman in the first month of arena. I one shoted everything. But the funny thing is that enh shaman 2h werent FOTM.

Btw in my eyes, FOTM is a spec that requires no skills to beat other specs 1v1. Like when i fought a rogue 1v1 some time ago for 20 minutes as a moonkin. He ran away, the funny part is that i had to use 13891381388131% more skills than him, he just did the same thing over and over while i had to think (put it like this, if i used the same skills as him, i would die in one second) but i "won" at the end. I hope Blizzard bans COS+vanish cause its not fun to win and not gain any honor.. just give them a CD that restores 25% life over 6 sec and reduces damage taken by 90% while not being able to be under magical effects and the effect ends with free energy skill..
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-03-26 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    I used to solo 3v3 as a SL SL warlock once. Fun times.
    i remember dropping warriors like flies before MS halved drain life. good times.

FOTM not necessarily more powerful, usually just that synergy between 3 classes that happens to be able to counter the current "ezmoad op" team without a lot of experience needed.

Like beastcleave. No one said BM hunters, or Enhancement shamans were op, and by themselves they were pretty useless. However, when combined with a paladin healer in 3v3, they were able to put enough damage in a short enough amount of time while cooldowns were active to negate PMR's ability to instagib anything with 3 classes that are allowed to have no CC's DR eachother.

Unfortunately Arena brought in FotM classes due to Min-Maxing and for a lot of reasons has ruined the PVP scene (at least to some)

I like to play a warrior, and will do so until I stop playing WoW and we all know how viable Warriors are in Arena... so even if I did arena I would have a much harder time getting the same reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Unfortunately Arena brought in FotM classes due to Min-Maxing and for a lot of reasons has ruined the PVP scene (at least to some)

I like to play a warrior, and will do so until I stop playing WoW and we all know how viable Warriors are in Arena... so even if I did arena I would have a much harder time getting the same reward.
    warriors were viable in every other season, they are arguably one of the most consistent performers in arena history. i'd say mage and rogue are the only two that have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post

Beginning of Cata Warrior/RShaman in 2s was an automatic I win.