Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't really make much sense for the Horde races to have Paladins at all, never has. I support a full Shaman-Horde to Paladin-Alliance world.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

While I would love to RP a penitent Forsaken Paladin (and so would many others) there's no need to do it just because Alliance got another race that can be Shamans. This is knit-picking. The range of class/race combos is more than sufficient at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more BE Paladins than all Alliance Shamans combined anyway.

Deleted
    Alliance shouldn't get any more shamans and Horde shouldn't get any more paladins, cuz in the lore of both factions the Alliance originally belived only in the holy light that's why they had only paladins while the Horde were a spiritual and shamanistic group of races and that's why they had only shamans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Doesn't really make much sense for the Horde races to have Paladins at all, never has. I support a full Shaman-Horde to Paladin-Alliance world.
    Paladins are simply a martial arm of some faith. Orcs are both spiritual and also martial as all hell, so they could theoretically have an order that parallels the Paladin. Obviously they wouldn't be members of the Silver Hand, but the Blood Knights and Sunwalkers prove that all you need is a martial bend and faith in some form of the Light. If you wanted, you could make an arguement for paladins across the whole playable race board, since every playable race has some reference to, or experience with, the Light.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

paladin was the alliance class before TBC
    and shaman was the horde class before TBC
    now if you use some brainpower you would see that orcs, taurens, trolls, and goblins can be shamans
    and on alliance only dwarfs and dreanei can be shamans
    go read up please...
    gnome is the only race on alliance side that is missing a race/class combo and that class is the paladin
    so it only makes sense to grant the alliance another paladin class to balance the class/race combo's
    then we will be at 45 / 45 combo's on each side and we will stay balance even when MoP hits
    I DESERVE A FUCKING MEDAL !
    *unwraps it*
    omnomnom chocolate!!!...

I would support Horde getting another paladin race if we could break the blood elf monotony. That said, we don't have any races now that would be a good fit.

Pandarens are being pitched as a balanced/neutral race with neither extreme light (pally) or shadow (warlock, dk) tendencies.

Deleted
    I agree about the Dwarves having a shaman class becouse of Muradin Bronzbeard and cuz of the Wildhammer clan joining with the Bronzbeard clan, and about the Draenei becouse they are originally a shamanistic group. The Blood elves in lore abuse the holy light but they are still paladins so I agree about that aswell, but the Tauren is just completely messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Good point, well put.

Does this mean the Alliance needs more Paladins?
    I'm beginning to think so.
    GNOME PALADIN ohhh gods this need to happen they can be priest gnome paladin would be badass

Druids called, we'd like to remind you that we have the least amount of classes available on either faction and overall.. :-/

With Druids not getting Pandaren either we'll continue this trend.
    Last edited by Fudge; 2012-03-26 at 06:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The plumber View Post
    I agree about the Dwarves having a shaman class becouse of Muradin Bronzbeard and cuz of the Wildhammer clan joining with the Bronzbeard clan, and about the Draenei becouse they are originally a shamanistic group. The Blood elves in lore abuse the holy light but they are still paladins so I agree about that aswell, but the Tauren is just completely messed up.
    How do they not make sense? They worship the Moon and the Sun. The Sun represents the Light. Where is the confusion? How is Sun=Light not sensible? Is it because they aren't stereotypical "Knights in Shining Armor"?

Also if Gnomes get Paladin then they also need Hunter so I can tame critters and druids so I can tank as a Dun Morogh Cub...
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

I would be ok with giving Undead Paladins (I actually always thought that would be awesome even back in Vanilla) but they wont since UD else would be able to play all classes.
    That was the reason they gave Tauren Priests in Paladins in the first place since they had the least playable classes (as well as gnomes who only got priests and now are the race with the least playable classes).
    I dont like this reasoning and I dont like the idea of tauren paladins and priests at all but thats the way blizzard decided it to be so nothing we could do about it.

It's baffeling because, at the current trend, any priest can also be a paladin. Human Priest/Paladin, Draenei Priest/Paladin, Dwarf Priest/Paladin, Tauren Priest/Paladin, Blood Elf Priest/Paladin. I mean, theoretically, a Paladin is just a priest with a sword... at least in most cases it is, with few lore exceptions.

Oh and, anyone who thinks you can't have a Forsaken Paladin;

http://www.wowwiki.com/Sir_Zeliek
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=30202/rea...ader#abilities
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6039/...52e1772648.jpg

I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    This was called balancing fight mechanic nightmares in Classic WoW.

Faction-exclusive classes means you have to literally design fights WITHOUT including them into the equation. It was a nightmare, and would effectively mean that they cannot design fights with Paladin tanks in mind, Paladin or Shaman healers, and Paladin or Shaman DPS. At all. All content must take them OUT of the equation, to be balanced to both factions.

Blood Elves were not originally OF the Horde. They were allied with the Alliance for centuries I believe. The Sunwell, prior to it's destruction (and after TBC too), is a fount of HOLY energy. Explain how they cannot be Paladins, when they got all the power they need (and even when they were sucking M'uru dry too in the basement for power).

Rose-tinted glasses of the past do not justify your logic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    technically undead can be paladins, or at least use the holy light as a weapon and to heal, but it is very rare for two reasons:
    1) it is usually used by those with a great sense of justice and/or protecting others, which is certainly not the usual forsaken personality
    2) holy light causes undeads - and this includes all death knights - extreme physical pain, even if it's actually healing them. so a, say, tauren dk tank would have to endure a lot of pain each time he's beeing healed by priests or paladins. as a forsaken holy priest priest or paladin, this works double, as channeling the light would already hurt them, even if they didn't target it at themselves.
    This is actually not true to some degree. Being healed by the light in any case does not hurt. It also does not hurt them to wield it. This is simply because the forsaken are treated as a different kind of undead creature given their consciousness. I'm talking from a game design angle here, the distinction was made back when the priests shackle undead ability was altered to not effect the forsaken, and also any undead weaknesses were removed from them. This is probably backed up lore wise I expect. Also Arthas is a perfect example of a paladin using the light to his own ends, as are the very foundations of the Blood Knights who stole the light directly. Undead Paladins are very possible.

Deleted
    Why am I even commentating about this stupid gay class? I don't even play it!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post

Faction-exclusive classes means you have to literally design fights WITHOUT including them into the equation. It was a nightmare, and would effectively mean that they cannot design fights with Paladin tanks in mind, Paladin or Shaman healers, and Paladin or Shaman DPS. At all. All content must take them OUT of the equation, to be balanced to both factions.

Blood Elves were not originally OF the Horde. They were allied with the Alliance for centuries I believe. The Sunwell, prior to it's destruction (and after TBC too), is a fount of HOLY energy. Explain how they cannot be Paladins, when they got all the power they need (and even when they were sucking M'uru dry too in the basement for power).

Bolded is wrong, prio to destruction it was arcane, it become holy with the narru spark.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Lockndrop View Post
    Zieke of the four horsemen in nax can do it

and Sy i luff your anime forum :3
    Blue posted about that saying something along the lines of if they channeled the amount of holy light through their body that was required to be a paladin they'd turn to dust (I cannot remember the exact wording! but it was close.) And that being healed by a paladin or priest caused undead (DK included) extreme pain. His wording on Sir Zeliek was that "He really hates himself" If I can find the post I'll link it. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Indrajit View Post
    This is actually not true to some degree. Being healed by the light in any case does not hurt. It also does not hurt them to wield it. This is simply because the forsaken are treated as a different kind of undead creature given their consciousness. I'm talking from a game design angle here, the distinction was made back when the priests shackle undead ability was altered to not effect the forsaken, and also any undead weaknesses were removed from them. This is probably backed up lore wise I expect. Also Arthas is a perfect example of a paladin using the light to his own ends, as are the very foundations of the Blood Knights who stole the light directly. Undead Paladins are very possible.
    Not according to blizzard, and Arthas lost his ability to wield the light the moment he was fully lost to frostmourne ( I think it was after he killed his father? I can't remember exactly. @@ )
    Last edited by Keristrasza; 2012-03-26 at 06:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just more proof of the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well.. they could make undead dark paladins, just change the icons/names/animations for all the spells, it would make sense. kinda like how the Sith Inquisitor uses dark forces to heal their allies.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post

Right - the High Elves didn't officially ally with the Alliance until the Horde was busy turning QUel'thalas into a big ol' bonfire in the middle of the Second War, which is some 30-40 years ago - hardly a century, (FYI The Alliance of Lordaeron, which was the first Alliance, isn't the same as the current Alliance) secondly, the Sunwell was pure, raw arcane power. Thirdly the Blood Knights were never part of the Alliance either, since Kael'thas didn't "ship" Mu'ur to Silvermoon till after the fall of the Alliance (of Lordaeron, which seized to be with the death of Lord Garithos) at which point the Blood Elves were neither Horde or Alliance.

On topic: Orc Paladins, the Tauren could EASILY share their knowledge and beliefs about the whole Sunwalker ideal. That, and the orcs used to prey at Oshu'gun in Nagrand which allowed them to commune with their ancestors - guess what? The power of Oshu'gun was a fainted Naaru.

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Well.. they could make undead dark paladins, just change the icons/names/animations for all the spells, it would make sense. kinda like how the Sith Inquisitor uses dark forces to heal their allies.
    "An undead dark paladin", yeah that's pretty much a Death Knight mixed with a shadow priest.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann