Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Question Will another Horde race be able to play as a Paladin?

Pandaren are a neutral race that can become Shamans this means that the Alliance effectively receive another Shaman class.

Draenei
    Dwarf
    Pandaren

can all be Shaman

but only Blood Elves and Tauren can be Paladins.

Will Horde get another Paladin or will we have to wait until the next expansion to balance this out?

What are your thoughts, a new race in a future expansion... or a current race? If so what one would be most suitable.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Pandaren are a neutral race that can become Shamans this means that the Alliance effectively receive another Shaman class.

Draenei
    Dwarf
    Pandaren

can all be Shaman

but only Blood Elves and Tauren can be Paladins.

Will Horde get another Paladin or will we have to wait until the next expansion to balance this out?

What are your thoughts, a new race in a future expansion... or a current race? If so what one would be most suitable.
    I feel there is nothing to balance here. The numbers aren't that far apart that it feels like theres just not enough players to play the class (compared to the other faction), and there should still be some differences between the 2 factions. IF they added a paladin, I think undead would be awesome.

The old Shamans are Horde and Paladins are Alliance is not longer true. The only thing that is kept balanced now is that both factions have at least 2 races that can be each class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran, hiding whoopie cushions under Rhonin's chair.
    But then Orcs, Tauren, Trolls and Goblins (and soon Pandaren) can all be Shaman. Whereas Alliance get Draenei and Dwarves for Shammies(with Pandas coming up).

I'd hate to be a faction hypocrite, but if Blizzard gave the Horde another Paladin class without giving the Alliance another Shaman class, I would be a bit saddened.
    Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    As of right now there doesn't appear to be a new race for Paladins.

It doesn't bother me much because I love the Blood Elf racial, but I still want an Undead Paladin! (I don't know much about the lore, but it would look awesome!)
    technically undead can be paladins, or at least use the holy light as a weapon and to heal, but it is very rare for two reasons:
    1) it is usually used by those with a great sense of justice and/or protecting others, which is certainly not the usual forsaken personality
    2) holy light causes undeads - and this includes all death knights - extreme physical pain, even if it's actually healing them. so a, say, tauren dk tank would have to endure a lot of pain each time he's beeing healed by priests or paladins. as a forsaken holy priest priest or paladin, this works double, as channeling the light would already hurt them, even if they didn't target it at themselves.

If you look at it, Horde has 4 races who can be shamans (5 when you include Pandas) and Alliance only has 3 races that can be paladins. Horde also has 2 classes which can be paladins and Alliance has 2 (3 with pandas) who can be shamans. So looking at it like that it is unbalanced in Horde's favor.

Why does this have to be balanced?

Alliance has three races that can be Paladins.
    Horde has four races that can be Shamans.

It doesn't seem like a big deal. More races can already be shamans as it is.

Does it REALLY matter?

Warlock - Human, Gnome, Dwarf, Worgen / Orc, Troll, Forsaken, Blood Elf, Goblin (+1 Horde)
    Priest - Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Night Elf, Draenei, Worgen / Troll, Forsaken, Tauren, Blood Elf, Goblin (+1 Alliance)
    Mage - Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Night Elf, Draenei, Worgen / Orc, Troll, Forsaken, Blood Elf, Goblin (+1 Alliance)
    Rogue - Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Night Elf, Worgen / Orc, Troll, Forsaken, Blood Elf, Goblin (Equal)
    Druid - Night Elf, Worgen / Troll, Tauren (Equal)
    Hunter - Human, Dwarf, Night Elf, Draenei, Worgen / Orc, Troll, Tauren, Forsaken, Blood Elf, Goblin (+1 Horde)
    Shaman - Dwarf, Draenei / Orc, Troll, Tauren, Goblin (+2 Horde)
    Warrior - Human, Dwarf, Gnome Night Elf, Draenei, Worgen / Orc, Troll, Tauren, Forsaken, Blood Elf, Goblin (Equal)
    Death Knight - Human, Dwarf, Gnome Night Elf, Draenei, Worgen / Orc, Troll, Tauren, Forsaken, Blood Elf, Goblin (Equal)
    Paladin - Human, Dwarf, Draenei / Tauren, Blood Elf (+1 Alliance)
    Monk - Human, Dwarf, Gnome Night Elf, Draenei / Orc, Troll, Tauren, Forsaken, Blood Elf (Equal)

So, in total, we got 1 race/class combos more on the Horde side, overall, than the Alliance does.

Now, adding Pandarens in, you get Warrior, Shaman, Hunter, Rogue, Mage, Priest, and Monk.

The Horde is still on-top after this, by 1 combo.

The fact our Paladins are limited to 2 races is nothing major. We went 2 expansions with only ONE race they could be, so not a big deal. We've learned to adapt.

I'm trying to understand how Alliance having 3 shaman classes relates to horde having 2 paladin classes.

There's no need to balance between Alliance Shaman and Horde Paladins anymore then there is a need to balance between Horde Warriors and Alliance Druids. The idea of Shaman and Paladins being somehow connected hasn't been true since vanilla WoW when only Horde had Shaman and only Alliance had Paladins. Oddly enough, even back then there was no balance in the race options (only 2 Alliance races could be Paladins while 3 Horde races could be Shaman).
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmdyo View Post
    If you look at it, Horde has 4 races who can be shamans (5 when you include Pandas) and Alliance only has 3 races that can be paladins. Horde also has 2 classes which can be paladins and Alliance has 2 (3 with pandas) who can be shamans. So looking at it like that it is unbalanced in Horde's favor.
    Good point, well put.

Does this mean the Alliance needs more Paladins?
    I'm beginning to think so.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's fine as is honestly. It's better to do it on an appropriate basis rather than pushing it onto a class grudgingly just to get numbers straight.

As people have posted too, class balance is off on both sides in the larger picture.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2012-03-26 at 05:27 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

..NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    reasons..

1. Alliance has Currentlyraenei, Dwarf, Human As paladin races while Horde has Blood Elf and Tauren(tauren is not even a paladin in lore, they are stupid druids who worship the Sun <.<).

2.Alliance has 2 Shaman races currently, Draenei and Dwarf and Horde has four races current, Orc, Tauren, Troll, Goblin.

3.It's not unbalanced(even tho..tbh there is reason with in the lore for Night Elves and Worgen to become Paladins, Yes I know none of them were around when Uther the Lightbringer taught the first paladins..but hey guess what, nor was TAUREN(Again..Druids who worships the sun..can't be to hard to make it so that the Night Elven Paladins worship Elune, which they already are and then just go:Meh I'm a Paladin, same stupid logic.) Yeh.)

4.stop the Alliance hatred..."oh ALliance gets X why dosent Horde get Y"(X being shaman and Y being Paladin).

5.Worgens not being able ot be Paladins yeh...*cough* but druid ofc..gg..buzz off..

10+ Year Old Account
    The only Race on the horde that I see, that could become a Paladin would be trolls, but not the normal ones; they can become Voodoo priests(Lorewise) so I guess Voodoo paladins make sense as well...
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Deleted
    I'm against the Horde having paladins cuz the original Horde didn't have any paladins, they had shamanistic believes. That's the only stupid thing Blizzard ever made about the Horde by giving them paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't there more horde races that can be hunters now, too, compared to alliance? (I thought basically all horde can be hunters, including their goblins, but gnomes can't be hunters...)

Add in, against the argument of holy light hurting forsaken, etc etc etc - in lore, forsaken are shadow priests. It was just considered unfair for them to only have one set of the three to be playable for their priests. hence the holy and disc priests for forsaken.

Though, I think I'd like to see nightelf paladins, and that isnt quite lore-happy either. /shrug

I don't see the need for perfect race symmetry.

As long as you have at least one race of every class than it is balanced where it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    technically undead can be paladins, or at least use the holy light as a weapon and to heal, but it is very rare for two reasons:
    1) it is usually used by those with a great sense of justice and/or protecting others, which is certainly not the usual forsaken personality
    2) holy light causes undeads - and this includes all death knights - extreme physical pain, even if it's actually healing them. so a, say, tauren dk tank would have to endure a lot of pain each time he's beeing healed by priests or paladins. as a forsaken holy priest priest or paladin, this works double, as channeling the light would already hurt them, even if they didn't target it at themselves.
    Zieke of the four horsemen in nax can do it

and Sy i luff your anime forum :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy View Post
    The only Race on the horde that I see, that could become a Paladin would be trolls, but not the normal ones; they can become Voodoo priests(Lorewise) so I guess Voodoo paladins make sense as well...
    That wouldn't make sense cuz the paladins and the priests are different. They may seem similar by lore but they are different. Let's have the gnomes for example, they have a priest class but in lore their priest class is more of a medic than a holy person so they can't have a paladin class.
    Last edited by mmocebf671b2e5; 2012-03-26 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    Why not pandaren would been goood shaman? and not paladin in lore would found answer