Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varah View Post
    I am a painfully slow leveler I don't care for the "experience" of leveling or even the fastest way to level, but I do want to play with my friends. My friends and my husband have a lot more time than I do (I'm in school full-time). So I'm often many levels behind. I was really hoping I'd be able to play with my friends no matter what and we'd be able to bounce around from place to place having fun with the DEs and what not. Removal of upscaling means our zones are limited or they have to drag my low level character through the stuff. It's not 100% make or break as pretty much every mmo I find myself doing mobs levels ahead of me with help or just by doing a lot of clever CC, but it does take away another feature I wanted. Now I will have to once again level up...every expansion and to be honest I don't want to. I'm done with those types of games. I've spent far too much time in them. That might not be game breaking for others and that's okay, but this thread is asking what are the biggest worries I have. Those are some of them.

From what I read in discussion - you want play with friends and you are afraid that because they propably will level faster, it wont be fun for them to come back to zones they did to level with you together.

There is rly not much which can be said to dispell this concern. Not sure how much knowledge you have about GW2 and how its supposed to be designed so dont get angry if i repeat soemthing you know.
    Game is supposed to have nice story (one is your personal story tailored to yoru character, other is world story you experience in open world making Hearts quests and Dynamic Events).
    Dynamic Events are adding illusion of changing world. There is big chance that your friends which come back to previous zones to play with you, will experience differnt Dynamic Events then last time, they might actualy like it.
    In MMOs like WoW, once you completed quests then when you came back it was only to help friend killing mobs as there was no new quests for you - and I agree that not many ppl like it.
    GW2 is supposed to fix that problem with Dynamic Events. You can replay Dynamic Events, and Dynamic Events might change if you come other day (DE replay for some time then after set time might change to follow up event which depends how previous one turned - example from beta from starting zones was that one day you go to farm, water crops feed cows, kill worms etc, then next day same farm might be attacked by Worm mother angry that small worms were killed, or bandits attacking it and trying burn down).

Its all rly depends on how engaging content and especialy Dynamic Events will be for you and your friends and no1 can predict that before you actualy play game. In GW2 leveling and expereincing DE and story in process isnt supposed to be just something you wanna pass asap, but major part of game and make ppl actualy want come back to zones to check if something changed. It might not be for you , but there is high chance that you and your friends will like it, and dont mind coming back to level up with you at all.
    Last edited by mmoc3219a733ae; 2012-04-09 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It's not my fault you are insulted so easily with your ridiculously thin skin
    Varah, I once read an interesting book about sensitivity training. The author debated the actual targets of such training. He basically claims that sensitivity training shouldn't be for insensitive people, per definition. A more efficient way of avoiding frustration is to teach overly sensitive people to not feel attacked easily. Many companies have already adapted their trainings to fit this vision.

A few facts;
    - Difficulty balance is tuned in fragments. A few betas ago, mobs were more easily defeated than they are now. Attacking mobs that are ~2 levels above you in a starting zone will get you killed at the moment.
    - You can't see how much fun the game will be from video's, but it sure as hell can give an impression of whether you'll like it or not.
    - Some concerns are invalid, since we've recently received first hand proof about the adaptions in question.
    - In GW2 'end-game' content starts knocking on your door as soon as level 10. No other MMO has ever managed to do something like this.
    - The goal of up- and downscaling is to be able to play with your friends, even if they're of a higher level. With upscaling removed, nothing has changed. Your friends can still downscale to your level and earn experience/rewards by doing so. The

If your concers haven't changed so far, it's fine. Some people tend to be overanxious. Just remember that the goal or our replies is to help you figure out what the devs intend with this game. Not to underme your personal opinions.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2012-04-09 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Here's an idea, don't take a damn joke so seriously.
    If I was honestly trying to insult you, do you honestly think I would call you a "Baddie mcbad bad" or whatever the crap I said?
    Seriously, breath.
    You should get better at telling jokes then...

But I am a bit antsy today... rush hour traffic in a car I'm not used to driving...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    You should get better at telling jokes then...

But I am a bit antsy today... rush hour traffic in a car I'm not used to driving...
    im probably laughing more than i should
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glytch View Post
    im probably laughing more than i should
    YOU LIVE HERE! YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE! 281 AND 1604 IS JUST ONE GIANT FUNERAL PROCESSION WAITING TO HAPPEN!

/editforcaps
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    YOU LIVE HERE! YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE! 281 AND 1604 IS JUST ONE GIANT FUNERAL PROCESSION WAITING TO HAPPEN!

/editforcaps
    BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA

thats what makes it so funny
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Just remember that the goal or our replies is to help you figure out what the devs intend with this game. Not to undermine your personal opinions.
    Precisely this.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Just remember that the goal or our replies is to help you figure out what the devs intend with this game. Not to underme your personal opinions.
    lol are you serious with this? Btw, it has nothing to do with sensitivity. I just don't care to waste my time with someone who is ignoring what I'm actually saying as I said earlier I don't get a lot of free time anymore...>.>

---------- Post added 2012-04-09 at 08:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Galadhrim View Post
    It would have been realy funny to watch the yogscast go from easy to 10x more difficult, simon would scream
    lol I could completely see this happening and it is awesome. I have no real idea why I love those guys.

15+ Year Old Account
    My biggest concern is that there's not much to do PvE wise and that I'll be forced into PvP.

Deleted
    lol I could completely see this happening and it is awesome. I have no real idea why I love those guys.
    I stumbled across them when trying to find out more about minecraft early last year and then kept visiting there video page, when i found out they were going to be doing content on other games i liked for example witcher 2 and then GW2 i decided to frequent the site quite regularly to see whats what.

Infact their videos as well as totalbuiscuits have reassured me quite a bit in reguards to GW2, they all are avid world of warcrafters and seem to carry over the opinion that GW2 is something to look very much forward too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    My biggest concern is that there's not much to do PvE wise and that I'll be forced into PvP.
    I was a bit worried about that too, although pvp did look realy fun, i guess untill we get to experiance level 80 we won't know for sure.

I am worried about the dragon encounters, both the ones from the videos from beta/gamescom....yo know the one thats big black and purple, as well as the one thats standing in the water, i'm scared that the big fights won't show much varation, the dragon just stands there and yes there is some sort of extra adds and things to attack/defend but i'm worried that the dragon encounters will feel the same after a while. It would be good if it moved about a bit, even did some flying stunts etc just for visual flare and excitment through the battle.

That being said 2 hours.
    Last edited by mmoc6ac2e31c48; 2012-04-10 at 05:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't care to waste my time with someone who is ignoring what I'm actually saying
    Nobody did this. You ignored what we were saying. *shrugs*
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I just hope that the community can try work as a team in wvw