Thread: Shamans

Deleted

Shamans

Hey, so I'm getting a bit bored as of late and have an enhance shaman laying around, my question is this, are enhance viable for arenas (not competitively as 2.5k rating) just for points and a bit of fun, btw this is 2v2 and the set up would be either enh/hpala enh/frost dk enh/ blood dk enh/sub or enh/ret

Deleted
    Of the comps mentioned I only tried Enha/Ret and Enha/holy but those comps seem to work well. Bear in mind I'm playing at the lower ratings though. But especially Enha/Ret I like since you don't trade in damage which you do when you queue as dps/healer while still having strong off heals. Fighting mages is a pain though, and rogue/x can pretty much gank you in a smokebomb if you are not careful.

Deleted
    I woulden't suggest playing an enhance shaman (not amazing viable atm, but they still work) if I were you, you'd have a far better time playing resto with a lock or even warrior. If you do choose to play enh, I'd suggest a ret pala or rogue, frost DKs are great but they don't really work without a healer on them 24/7, and I can't see enh/hpala working other than to completely stomp on mages.

They're viable for points cap and a bit of fun. I think there might be one or two enhance shaman above 2.4k, I am not quite sure.

I suggest pairing with another melee. We work well with ret paladins and rogues, although you'll need a good player in your partner. Last week I went 8/3 for my points cap with a ret paladin I had never played with before, and only 1 loss came from being completely outplayed, and the other 2 down to silly mistakes :P As long as your partner can peel well if you're focused, and you can drop heals on him as well as yourself, you'll do well.
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2012-04-03 at 10:10 AM.
    RETH

Amy class is viable for 'fun' my friend.

But if you want the most fun, do what these guys say and pick up a Ret or Rogue.