Thumbs up MOP Spell & Glyph Ideas

I really would like to see a spell like the raven birds from the shadow raven priest in wrath in Dragonblight and in Ice crown area. I believe it was Onslaught priest that had this effect or spell. Maybe even a glyph for that would be nice. Shadow priest need some loving after all the things they are losing <3 if not the spell maybe a Glyph that looks like the raven for the place of the orbs which remind me of shaman.
    Last edited by Devisirae; 2012-03-26 at 03:32 PM.

I like that idea too, but what would they call the shadow orbs, shadow ravens? >.<

I kindda like the idea too. Fits the shadow side very well imo.

I dont think they should replace shadow orbs as I see them more like a core signatureability in the entire shadow gameplay.

Silly priests, you are priests. You are not druids.

No ravens IMO.

onslaught shadow priests in northrend you silly whateveryouare.

though i wouldn't prefer that as well. would be a nice change as a glyph, but since we got the new glyph of shadow just recently, i don't think we'll get that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want us to have a glyph that changes our apparitions or shadowfiends into other shadow creatures.

IMO

Glyph of Murder - your Shadowy Apparitions will instead summon 3 Shadow Crows who fly to the target (ignore ground pathing).

Result: a fix to our main burst mechanic being dependent on terrible pathing slow NPC's, and a visual alteration

Glyph of Raven - your shadowfiend is now a shadow raven

Result: looks cooler, makes less retarded sounds, ignores bad pathing

Glyph of Dispersal - while dispersed your particles are less cohesive, resulting in invisibility

Result: for a dispersed gas, we seem almost liquid - plus super cool uses

Glyph of Unshackled Shadows - summoning Shadowy Apparitions no longer triggers a global cooldown.

Result: no one liked having to manually waste GCD's summoning something that barely does damage, and auto-summons on Live

Glyph of Luna - all your mounts are now Princess Luna

Result: shadowpriests get super cool mounts - or all priests, but for other priests I pictured....

Glyph of Celestia - all your mounts are now Princess Celestia

Result: healy priests get super cool mounts too!

Edit: Yes. I just pony-bombed your thread! ^^
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-03-26 at 11:41 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Glyph of Unshackled Shadows - summoning Shadowy Apparitions no longer triggers a global cooldown.
    Do they do this now?
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Do they do this now?
    In live (4.3) no, in Beta (5.0) yes. See the 'Ask a Beta Tester' sticky for more.

I want us to have a glyph that changes our apparitions or shadowfiends into other shadow creatures.

IMO

Glyph of Murder - your Shadowy Apparitions will instead summon 3 Shadow Crows who fly to the target (ignore ground pathing).

Result: a fix to our main burst mechanic being dependent on terrible pathing slow NPC's, and a visual alteration

Glyph of Raven - your shadowfiend is now a shadow raven

Result: looks cooler, makes less retarded sounds, ignores bad pathing

Glyph of Dispersal - while dispersed your particles are less cohesive, resulting in invisibility

Result: for a dispersed gas, we seem almost liquid - plus super cool uses

Result: no one liked having to manually waste GCD's summoning something that barely does damage, and auto-summons on Live
    these would be mandatory glyphs, altering the game mechanics, ignoring certain aspects of the game (pathing) a brand new invisibility from a glyph? haha how cute imagine the advantage of a shadow priest with you murder glyph to another without it. all of these glyphs you thought would be nice are not anywhere near blizz's glyph mentality. "take one utility or damage away, give another one" for majors and also "cosmetic thingies" for minors. yours are like "buff the shadow priest so our abilities have no down side" and "oh while you're at it give us a second combat invisibility". and that concept is ridiculous, sorry.

Deleted
    U seriously couldn't keep them ponies in the pony threat ?

Glyph of Luna - all your mounts are now Princess Luna

Result: shadowpriests get super cool mounts - or all priests, but for other priests I pictured....

Glyph of Celestia - all your mounts are now Princess Celestia
    I just found my suggestion for this year's April fools joke!

Also.. lets not get side tracked by the ponies guys... keep up with the ideas for spells

Deleted
    ponies, ponies everywhere!
    I liked the crow-priest idea, reminded me of Swain ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellgrimm View Post
    ponies, ponies everywhere!
    I liked the crow-priest idea, reminded me of Swain ^^
    I loved the Scarlet Raven priests that were in Northrend, would love to have a glyph that turns everything into those kinds of spells.

15+ Year Old Account
    Crows and ravens have a lot of symbolism in just about every culture, the running themes are very complementary to shadowpriests as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravens_in_popular_culture

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crow#In_human_culture

They are consistently associated with death, darkness, subtle power, and prophecy all over the world with shocking consistency, and are frequently considered the dark mirror of other birds (region specific). All of the above have a lot of overlap with spriest ideology.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter