Thread: The Blue Child

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablecow View Post
    wheres the other moon ? is there a ss comparing them ? how do we know that the current moon isent just updated
    Since I took the screenshot and the other moon was at the other horizon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It always has, afaik. It used to be more pronounced, but then they changed it so you can really barely tell. But there are very subtle differences in lighting based on server time.

In Dalaran there are some npcs that light the streetlamps, I believe, even, when it gets "dark".
    You guys should visit Uldum in the nighttime hours, the difference is very noticable there. Not so much in SW/Org though

Deleted
    Remember that they(Blizz) wanted to add pandas in TBC?
    They scraped the idea and the Blue Child goes bye bye.
    Long story short, pandas are back in business and guess who's returning in the sky above Azeroth?
    Coincidence? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I think it'd be interesting to visit the moons one day - probably filled with titan artifacts.

I bet Algalon's observatory is built on one... he is called 'the Observer' after all (Marvel comics 'The Watcher' reference ftw).
    Good catch, i had almost forgot about the "watching over you" thing, it´ll be very nice if it turns to be from one of the moons.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    In Dalaran there are some npcs that light the streetlamps, I believe, even, when it gets "dark".
    I never knew the NPCs did it too. Wow the things you never realize even after spending years there... Still, buying the wand and running around zapping the lamps is an experience not to be missed.

Oh, and also welcome back to the Little Blue one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Punky View Post
    Remember that they(Blizz) wanted to add pandas in TBC?
    They scraped the idea and the Blue Child goes bye bye.
    Long story short, pandas are back in business and guess who's returning in the sky above Azeroth?
    Coincidence? I think not.
    /equip tinfoil hat

Awesome find dude!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love some of the nightskies in wow

Quote Originally Posted by KenjiNitari View Post
    You do know that it was just an excuse right? Lore-wise the Blue Child never disappeared and stayed in the sky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech
    The last part of that article was from a GM having some fun. The actual reasoning it went away during vanilla was due to technical problems of the moon having graphical issues all the time.
    Yeah makes sense, I just thought that it disappeared due to a Technical error, and then they made up the story about it being sent away to cover themselves up.
    {◕ ◡ ◕}

Deleted
    I just wish they'd fix the skys so that the sun/moon (or moon's now) would rise on one side, traverse the entire sky, then set on the opposite side.

As they are now, they both rise, stop just before they get overhead, then reverse and set in exactly the same position on the horizon

Just something that bugs me to no end

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukai View Post
    I just wish they'd fix the skys so that the sun/moon (or moon's now) would rise on one side, traverse the entire sky, then set on the opposite side.

As they are now, they both rise, stop just before they get overhead, then reverse and set in exactly the same position on the horizon

Just something that bugs me to no end
    Thats because Azeroth's orbital path can best be described as "drunken line dance".
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Deleted
    In before "blizz wtf?? y we no have dungs in beta but u cud bring in sum stopid moon? gg blizz"

15+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Wouldn't having two moons enormously fuck over the tidal system and make seamanship very difficult?
    We have an ocean with a ginormous whirlpool in it that still hasn't run dry... I think we can handle 2 moons.
    We'll need to upgrade all our special shirts though. I wonder how epic a Three Wolf Two Moon shirt would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    For those of you who dont know, here is some info on Azeroth's moons, taken from Wowwiki:

This is the part that gets me > "It will be a very long time before it returns" , Does anyone know a rough time difference between TBC and moP ? I mean in in-game years.

Generally blizzard said it was about 2 years inbetween the expansions somewhere in-between TBC and WotLK. so it's about 6 years.

Deleted
    Am I seriously the only one who thought it was this? http://i.imgur.com/HsIhv.jpg

Yay, I'm glad the second moon is back. Not a huge lore detail or anything. But it's a nice little touch to make the atmosphere of Azeroth unique and pretty.

Deleted
    So... correct me if I am wrong, but there are now supposedly TWO moons in the sky? Because I have seen A moon nearly every night while role playing in-game. I don't see it in the screenshots posted at page one unlss that is the exact same moon I have been seeing in-game. If not... is it opposite of the other (already within the game) moon?

Edit:
    Missed the very last page with the video posted. Thanks for that, that cleared it up.

Anyone else reminded of The World of Two Moons aka Elfquest with all this?
    Last edited by mmocea55eb06e6; 2012-03-28 at 10:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Only if we get cat-people as the new race.
    Blizz once hinted at cat people on Outland.

But there were none to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Only if we get cat-people as the new race.
    Haha, that was the xpac I quit playing Everquest in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember seeing the two moons in Vanilla, then one day they just vanshed and thought I was going mad when I used to say to my guild mates "didnt there used to be two moons?" and they would just makes jokes about it, glad to see people care about the second moon, hell even in the Warcraft books they are mentioned.