Thread: The Blue Child

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking finally!
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    Does anyone know a rough time difference between TBC and moP ? I mean in in-game years.
    I'm guessing about 10 years since TBC.

Source

Wait, WoW has Night Time?

I been away too long
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Duergy View Post
    The Earthmother sent the Blue Child away to learn about the universe upon noticing the coming of the Burning Legion
    That was just some false information someone put up on wowwiki that stemmed from a conversation with a joking GM and someone who took him too seriously. It was because of technical problems, the blue child has always been there lore-wise, even depicted in books and comics for the past 2 years.

time to leave azeroth .. (insert that's no moon.jpg img) i'ts not a moon i'ts an orbiting battlestation. (who wants to bet nagas become next playable race we need some fishy guy to yell .. IT'S A TRAP!! when we raid that construct that is back).

hopefully they will fufill the whole tought that the moon is acutally a titan construct and there is a old god imprissoned in it. only the old god now has controll of it and it's planet destroying abilities. so we gotta take it out!!

Yaaay! Welcome back Blue Child!
    "I need to hug a bunny right now!"

For those of you who dont know, here is some info on Azeroth's moons, taken from Wowwiki:

This is the part that gets me > "It will be a very long time before it returns" , Does anyone know a rough time difference between TBC and moP ? I mean in in-game years.
    This is my notes based off if real life time between expansions:

2004 - 622 - World of Warcraft
    2005 - 623
    2006 - 624
    2007 - 625 - World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade
    2008 - 626 - World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
    2009 - 627
    2010 - 628 - World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
    2011 - 629
    2012 - 630 - World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

I use this formula when creating my character's backstories.

Can you see them both at the same time? I mean in the same picture. I never knew about this one :O

Quote Originally Posted by Kobomino View Post
    I'm guessing about 10 years since TBC.

Source
    on cata it's been 5 years since vanilla (according to westfall quests involving vanessa vancleff)

MoP was said to happen an year after cata, so 6 year since vanilla.

don't trust that timeline from wowwiki. WoWpedia is more trustable.

whoever made the wowwiki timeline probably thought vancleff died during WotLK lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calling it now;
    The Blue Child is a Titan Failsafe device of some kind. It's abscence was the start of some activation protocol, and we're gonna have to go diffuse the big deathmaker-in-the-sky in a future raid. Think Algalon meets Death Star with a dash of "Earth stood still".

That or it's a titan weapon we'll use against the Legion.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

For those of you who dont know, here is some info on Azeroth's moons, taken from Wowwiki:

This is the part that gets me > "It will be a very long time before it returns" , Does anyone know a rough time difference between TBC and moP ? I mean in in-game years.
    The last part of that article was from a GM having some fun. The actual reasoning it went away during vanilla was due to technical problems of the moon having graphical issues all the time.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Matoclaw states that the Battle of M. Hyjal ended a decade ago, the vanilla intro states that it takes place 4 years after the Battle of M. Hyjal... So Vanilla to Cata = 6 years.

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 07:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    This is my notes based off if real life time between expansions:

2004 - 622 - World of Warcraft
    2005 - 623
    2006 - 624
    2007 - 625 - World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade
    2008 - 626 - World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
    2009 - 627
    2010 - 628 - World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
    2011 - 629
    2012 - 630 - World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

I use this formula when creating my character's backstories.
    I very much doubt there is 2 years between MoP and Cata or that it took 2 whole years to stop Deathwing.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Blue Child was active during WoW vanilla Alpha, and then got removed for no reason at all.

Weird shit, indeed.

Use http://www.wowpedia.org/ it's better than WoWWiki, and Blizzard links it on the official site.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Question is, do we still have the white lady? We must have both or it will not be complete.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Oh how I missed that little moon <3

10+ Year Old Account
    In the short term I'll bet it's return is gonna be directly related to the parting of those mists that hid pandaria. Blizz could also tie it into the whole Zandalari uprising story too...

Is it wrong that this is the part of the Beta I'm the most curious about now?
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Calling it now;
    The Blue Child is a Titan Failsafe device of some kind. It's abscence was the start of some activation protocol, and we're gonna have to go diffuse the big deathmaker-in-the-sky in a future raid. Think Algalon meets Death Star with a dash of "Earth stood still".

That or it's a titan weapon we'll use against the Legion.
    Or it could just be a moon. That Blizz didn't use because it has a slow rotation and spent the whole time on the dark side of Azeroth.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Saerlaith View Post
    I never knew that it was supposed to be there but I'm glad it's back!

p.s. And I spend a ridiculous amount of time looking at the sky...it's one of my favorite things to do on flight paths. Take screenshots of the sky.
    This, one of my fondest memories of WoW back in Vanilla was during FPS to stare at the sky cause I usually played at night. So the stars and the 2 moons was fantastic to look at. When BC came and the Blue child went missing, I was actually saddened to see it missing. >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

I forgot where it was said or who said it, but i remember someone mentioning that each expansion lasted approximately 1 year in game time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'd be interesting to visit the moons one day - probably filled with titan artifacts.

I bet Algalon's observatory is built on one... he is called 'the Observer' after all (Marvel comics 'The Watcher' reference ftw).