410 Creche + 410 Bone-Link Fetish or 403 Eye of Unmaking?

Hey,

Just wondering what you guys think would be better? I've done a couple tests with both setups on dummies for 5min each and it seems using Eye of Unmaking (EoU) is slightly higher (by about 1-2k), but on H Ultrax, I tried using Bone-Link Fetish (BLF) and it seemed to have brought my dps up to 45kish where as it use to be 40k without BLF, but I've only got to try it on H Ultrax twice now and the increase in gear within the last 2 weeks may also have helped to increase my dps.

I would assume the raid buffs would increase BLF damage, which is why it seems to outperform EoU on H Ultrax, or it could possibly be RNG. Anyway, I was just wondering if anybody has done any testing on the two different trinket setups, especially after acquiring higher level of gear to add more STR to increase BLF damage. I'll try switching back to Creche + EoU next week to see the difference.

P.S: In case my armory is needed, Look up Tessaiga on Mannoroth (US).

10+ Year Old Account
    It is situational. Definitely use BLF for Yor'sahj, maybe Warmaster Blackhorn, and maybe Hagara if it ends up lining up with tombs. Otherwise normal EoU is about 50~ dps increase in single target. Nothing huge, but still there.

Hmm... interesting. I guess I'll have to do a bit more testing next week to see which would be better. I'm just curious how well 410 Creche and 410 BLF would be on single targets compared to 410 Creche and 403 EoU. I definitely use it on Yor'sahj. I don't use it on Hagara or Blackhorn since I'm not on one target for too long, but on a fight like Ultrax, I tend to proc BLF whenever the ICD is done, which is why I'm wondering if the proc off BLF outweighs the loss in 363 STR.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably use Heroic BLF and Heroic Creche for all fights.
    Don't rely on SimC when it comes to BLF, it doesn't model it properly. I reported this ages ago but they still haven't fixed it.
    Get your stat weights, take the difference in strength and see if the proc is more dps than the extra str.

Just did 4 more dummy tests (5min each) using both setups twice and got the following:

w/ EoU
    30.9k dps with 8% tentacle procs
    31.5k dps with 10% tentacle procs

w/ H BLF
    32.2k dps with 12% tentacle procs
    34.6k dos with 11% tentacle procs

Earlier, they were generally closer, about 1k or less off from each other, but it seems using H BLF is doing slightly more. I'd assume it'd be an even greater increase in dps with raid buffs. Anyway, how would I go about comparing the dps of the H BLF to the dps of the 363 STR? I've never really done a lot of testing before, so I'm kind of new to this.

Deleted
    Anyone know if "whirling maw" from the BLF can procc tentacles?

Quote Originally Posted by zcorn View Post
    Anyone know if "whirling maw" from the BLF can procc tentacles?
    If I understand it correctly, I believe that the "whirling maw" from the BLF can proc our mastery, which in turn can proc tentacles. I'm not sure if the actual "whiling maw" itself can proc the weapon or not. Either way, the BLF does increase your tentacle procs by a few %.

Simming my warrior(395 itemlvl) 1 strength is about 3,4 dps so 363 strength equals 1234 dps. Just compare that number to the damage the BLF proc does and for more accuracy you can sim your own warrior.

All simcrafts aside, I think the BLF is basically the best trinket in the game. I am full 397 gear and the trinket procs for 23-26k or so and it is a 30 sec cooldown (give or take).

That said, if I had a Creche I would use it but only on single target fights, the added crit is nice, but it is still RNG as to if you get a crit or not. Although extremely unlikely you could go a full proc without getting a crit or any additional crits compared to if it didn't proc. Whereas the BLF is a constant ~25k damage on a 30 second cooldown, which can also crit and will do damage to more than 1 target.

what about heroic EoU vs Heroic BLF :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    what about heroic EoU vs Heroic BLF :P
    I'd say it is fight dependent but it's going to be pretty close

if the difference is that small, i'd just use H BLF, because its more fun :P

plus, the sims assume EoU stacks dont drop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    if the difference is that small, i'd just use H BLF, because its more fun :P

plus, the sims assume EoU stacks dont drop.
    They usually don't drop though. It can happen in a few cases (like hagara's lightning phase).
    If they do drop BLF is probably going to win, not only because the stacks fell off but also because if they fell off that means you had a long time where the strength did nothing for you while the ICD of BLF is still ticking.

Plus BLF does more damage inside Colossus Smash. My max crits are usually around 90-100k without any damage buff modifiers. Even on Ultraxion BLF is usually around 5% damage for me, so It's not bad even on single target... I also like my tentacles, what the simulations don't take into account. Mastery indeed can proc the trinket and it can proc mastery again what makes it more funny too, sometimes you get awesome burst if the stars align inside cooldowns/trinkets.

I'm going to try this out later today when I get back to my room. See what happens on LFR Ultra!