Thread: Overpower

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    started a thread about this,but since it fits here i will repost it.

say in pvp you miss the opening MS,charge is on cd and you have no rage.how do we attack "auto swing lol for 6 secs?we no longer get rage from damage taken correct?b-rage no longer gives rage.so what is the new rotation?heroic costs what 30 rage?slam costs 30 rage.

charge,hamstring,then MS,CS,OP "maybe more then one"-then slam/heroic, then repeat.is this the rotation on beta "pvp"?as i stated above,if we miss the opening MS,how do we attack or gain rage?just auto swings?
    With charge granting 20 rage shouts granting 20 rage + rage from first white swing after charge overpower being rage free and used after dodges then you should never have 6 full seconds of downtime in pvp and then on top of that think of the abilities you get from your talent tree there may be some fillers dependant on spec if you are worried about missing attacks in pvp then that is personal error not class errorto me it looks like blizz has given us warriors are more reliable pvp spec then ever before (instant slams defensive cds mobility cc burst and some mage counter) I relly dont see how anyone can look at the curretn warrior changes and be upset about them in anyway atleast not compared to cata warriors
    I Delight in the Irony

Armory, Warcraft logs, Youtube, Twitter, Twitch

Deleted
    Self heal, need more self heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinkydo View Post
    With charge granting 20 rage shouts granting 20 rage + rage from first white swing after charge overpower being rage free and used after dodges then you should never have 6 full seconds of downtime in pvp and then on top of that think of the abilities you get from your talent tree there may be some fillers dependant on spec if you are worried about missing attacks in pvp then that is personal error not class errorto me it looks like blizz has given us warriors are more reliable pvp spec then ever before (instant slams defensive cds mobility cc burst and some mage counter) I relly dont see how anyone can look at the curretn warrior changes and be upset about them in anyway atleast not compared to cata warriors
    ty for the reply.but do not tell me you have never missed an MS b4,it happens all the time in pvp "think rogues/druids ect".but if OP can still be used after a dodge then it works out.by the sounds of it MS will give rage regardless if it hits or not.

it is good for people to complain,it makes blizz pay attention.things that make me question arms pvp in mop are, no auto applied slow.CS is still at 50% in pvp "no burst" we have lost 3 self heals.battle stance has been nerfed "no more -5% damage taken.SR cd is still to high,unnerf it please.safeguard should have been baseline back in warth not for a talent point in mop.same goes for PH.our crit just like on live is gutted "but worse on beta atm".our new talents do not look that good "war banner lol" hell even avatar is on a 3min cd.reck is still +20% damage taken.i think the glyph is trash.why would i use the reck glyph,its only usable every 5 mins,waste of a slot i think.rogues are getting a 50% ms and still have smoke bomb.while us warrior the orginal MS class are stuck with 25%.but rogues need buffs right?

just a few examples i have seen so far that makes me question warrior pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah new Overpower is Overpowered

No rage cost, Off GCD, Get it every time you use MS, chance to get it again from using overpower, now does 140% weapon damage, battle stance gives you 10% damage bonus, Arms specialization gives you 20% more damage with 2 handers. should be a fun expac ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Phinkydo View Post
    Overpower is still the same only taste for blood changed how it proc so overpower is still usable when a target dodges an ability so dodge all you like it will proc and then taste for blood may proc from that overpower
    I like the way you think.

Honestly with the changes to weaponry and how much damage they do, I can't wait to test out how hard overpower now hits. I only have a raid finder gurth and its top end damage is well over 7k.

I am not excited in the least. I think a lot of you guys missed the fact that over power no longer has + 60% chance to crit. MS also is a very weak hit, pretty much just a weak instant attack that generates rage... They need to bring MS back to the greatness it once had... Mortal Strike used to be a word that filled non plate wearers with dread... it needs to go back to that. Give it a longer cooldown but it should be the single hardest hitting physical attack in the game... its made by a class whos ONLY focus is physical combat. It should also slow the target, applying deep wounds is good.

The very first time someone dies to spam overpower they will instantly go cry on a forum. It will be nerfed within 2 weeks of the change - I'm calling it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I am not excited in the least. I think a lot of you guys missed the fact that over power no longer has + 60% chance to crit. MS also is a very weak hit, pretty much just a weak instant attack that generates rage... They need to bring MS back to the greatness it once had... Mortal Strike used to be a word that filled non plate wearers with dread... it needs to go back to that. Give it a longer cooldown but it should be the single hardest hitting physical attack in the game... its made by a class whos ONLY focus is physical combat. It should also slow the target, applying deep wounds is good.
    You are still thinking in Cata values, MoP will have ridiculous weapon damage ranged due to the stat inflation (unless they do a squish *crosses fingers*) There will be higher crit values on gear as well to compensate for the lack of +% crit talents.

Also this. MS as it is already crits incredibly low because of resil, now imagine it having even less damage and crit chance. Overpower will also not crit as often or as hard because then it'd be pointless to make you do more of them (that would definitely be overpowered - and I play a warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    You are still thinking in Cata values, MoP will have ridiculous weapon damage ranged due to the stat inflation (unless they do a squish *crosses fingers*) There will be higher crit values on gear as well to compensate for the lack of +% crit talents.
    does not matter.on live my full cata geared arms warrior with the valor cloak is at around 11% crit un-buffed.i use the the pve cloak just for the +cirt and it makes a huge difference,because our crit is gutted so much.but wehn i ask other classes what there crit is,some are as high as 30% ferals,rogues.a f-mage friend of mine in all pvp gear has like 23+% crit.not sure if that good for a mage or not,but dam warriors got low crit and it was done on purpose.

i hope your right and warriors crit will be high or higher then other classes in mop.because atm we do not cirt much at all.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 01:54 PM ----------

agree MS should hit much much harder.rogues are getting a 50%ms and warrior are still stuck at 25%.and ours does not hit that hard anyway.its thing like that,that makes me worry about warrior pvp.rogues do not need a 50% ms and SB.if anything arms should have the strongest MS in game "original MS CLASS"

10+ Year Old Account
    The "squish" won't affect how powerful stuff is, it will only have the numbers be less, so no matter what it would still be the same amount of hits to kill someone. the "squish" never said or never was meant to nerf anything, it's just to lower the numbers so there's not so many huge numbers on our screen.

live my full cata geared arms warrior with the valor cloak is at around 11% crit un-buffed.i use the the pve cloak just for the +cirt and it makes a huge difference,because our crit is gutted so much.but wehn i ask other classes what there crit is,some are as high as 30% ferals,rogues.a f-mage friend of mine in all pvp gear has like 23+% crit.not sure if that good for a mage or not,but dam warriors got low crit and it was done on purpose.

i hope your right and warriors crit will be high or higher then other classes in mop.because atm we do not cirt much at all.
    I assume that you mean Cata PVP gear, ofcourse crit will be low, currently resilence is part of the item budget which takes away from other stats, but in MoP all PVP will have the same base stats (well maybe a bit less) than PVE gear, but have the added PVP Power / Defence stat as well.

We have a low base crit because we currently have a bunch of +crit talents to compensate, but with those being removed they would need to add crit back onto the gear.

Just like with what happened at the beginning of Cata, all the stats were low, but once you get geared up the changes will make more sense (hopefully). If it turns out that we need a buff or change in mechanic they will do so, believe it or not Blizzard knows more about this game than any of the arm chair devs that lurk forums.

There is a reason MoP is in BETA, to test how things work and make changes as necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume that you mean Cata PVP gear, ofcourse crit will be low, currently resilence is part of the item budget which takes away from other stats, but in MoP all PVP will have the same base stats (well maybe a bit less) than PVE gear, but have the added PVP Power / Defence stat as well.

We have a low base crit because we currently have a bunch of +crit talents to compensate, but with those being removed they would need to add crit back onto the gear.

Just like with what happened at the beginning of Cata, all the stats were low, but once you get geared up the changes will make more sense (hopefully). If it turns out that we need a buff or change in mechanic they will do so, believe it or not Blizzard knows more about this game than any of the arm chair devs that lurk forums.

There is a reason MoP is in BETA, to test how things work and make changes as necessary.
    "yes pvp gear"i understand what you are saying.but like i said b4 even with +crit talents our crit is still far below many other classes "and we hit for less".im just not seeing come mop arms warriors having +30-40% like many classes have now on live in pvp gear.everyones crit will go up with new mop gear,but im not seeing arms crit getting buffed to be on the same level as other classes.

here is a link from the pvp section here on mop.its of a rogue "bad at arena"but is geared and has just under 40% crit.yes he has pve weapons but it does not matter.i could be full pve gear and my crit would not be that high. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...wrgoben/simple

i just feel arms is so under-tuned compared to other classes,that even with a few buffs we are still lacking in pvp.
    Last edited by meathead; 2012-03-28 at 10:09 PM.

"yes pvp gear"i understand what you are saying.but like i said b4 even with +crit talents our crit is still far below many other classes "and we hit for less".im just not seeing come mop arms warriors having +30-40% like many classes have now on live in pvp gear.everyones crit will go up with new mop gear,but im not seeing arms crit getting buffed to be on the same level as other classes.

here is a link from the pvp section here on mop.its of a rogue "bad at arena"but is geared and has just under 40% crit.yes he has pve weapons but it does not matter.i could be full pve gear and my crit would be that high. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...wrgoben/simple

i just feel arms is so under-tuned compared to other classes,that even with a few buffs we are still lacking in pvp.
    Here's the thing you're failing to realize. he has 1600 crit rating. Most of his crit is coming from agility, not fro the crit rating. Do you realize that when stats reduce in value as you level to 90 that they won't have that amount of crit? and that their crit will be relatively equal to ours? Plus, a rogue may crit a lot, but they will never hit as hard, ever. take for instance the fact that our damage scales well with strength. couple that with weapons gaining nearly double the damage they have now, and then add a 15% increase to overpower's weapon damage constant. Overpower is going to be hitting for pretty much what it crits for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laundry View Post
    Here's the thing you're failing to realize. he has 1600 crit rating. Most of his crit is coming from agility, not fro the crit rating. Do you realize that when stats reduce in value as you level to 90 that they won't have that amount of crit? and that their crit will be relatively equal to ours? Plus, a rogue may crit a lot, but they will never hit as hard, ever. take for instance the fact that our damage scales well with strength. couple that with weapons gaining nearly double the damage they have now, and then add a 15% increase to overpower's weapon damage constant. Overpower is going to be hitting for pretty much what it crits for now.
    yes im aware stats reduce as you level.warriors will reduce also,meaning our crit will be lower as well.i do not think rogues have any trouble dishing out damage atm.the hits arms does in pvp atm is fail compared to other classes.i think rogues get AP from agility right?just like we do from strength.

like i said that rogue has 40% crit 30 more then my warrior.im not seeing anything that going to make warriors have that much crit in mop.any1 on beta atm?any level 90's?whats your crit rating at?

yes im aware stats reduce as you level.warriors will reduce also,meaning our crit will be lower as well.i do not think rogues have any trouble dishing out damage atm.the hits arms does in pvp atm is fail compared to other classes.i think rogues get AP from agility right?just like we do from strength.

like i said that rogue has 40% crit 30 more then my warrior.im not seeing anything that going to make warriors have that much crit in mop.any1 on beta atm?any level 90's?whats your crit rating at?
    Strength doesn't increase our crit chance to begin with, and because of that more plate gear will have crit on in than leather gear. That was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    Correct, OP doesn't have a Crit inherent chance to it anymore otherwise in this model you would be Enraged 100% and have way too much rage generation.
    You're not a warrior if you think there's such a thing as "way too much rage generation".

Still, we're even more reliant on crit than before and now we have no talents buffing our crit chance and will most likely be running around with 9-12% crit again. That situation is looking terrible. As is the whole having MS be parried or dodged. With OP on a 1.5 second gcd instead of 1 second agility classes are going to rape us even worse than now.

P.S. OP's gcd needs to be reduced to 1 second and it needs to proc from parries and blocks now too.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-03-29 at 04:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    OP triggering another OP is just retarded,

Whatever the idiot who came up with it were thinking, it's just horrible when you're going to play it. Imagine how it'll look - You MS, wait, OP, Slam, wait, now you'll still furiously spam OP because you have no idea whether or not it'll proc, and probably slam again or something, if it procs you just furiously press it again, not talking about having no goddamn idea what will be used in between second ability and mortal strike, as 3 abilities between it is just weird.
    That is if overpower is off gcd as it seems to be.
    If it's on gcd it at least kinda fills long gap between ms, but because of how procs work, you're still going to have hard times queuing it.

Giving ability a chance to be used multiple times before going on cooldown is just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    well war banner "skull i think" was just changed. no more +crit rating,nows its just +20% crit damage for 10 secs lmfao.a 3 min cd that last only 10secs.how are warriors going to see anything from +20%crit damage for 10 secs,when we do not crit any more "pvp"i said it b4 and i will say it again,i think war banner is a trash talent.even more so when you compare it to what other classes are getting.

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 02:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laundry View Post
    Strength doesn't increase our crit chance to begin with, and because of that more plate gear will have crit on in than leather gear. That was my point.
    i know what you are saying,do you understand what im saying?warriors have the lowest crit of any class in game atm.thats not changing so far on mop beta.is any1 level 90 on beta yet?what your crit rating at?is warriors crit around 40% like classes are on live in pvp gear?