Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    brb levelling a warlock

i can think of one reason it won't make it, pvp.

i don't hate pvp but keep pvp out of my pve, i'm sure any pvp'er would say the same about pve in their pvp

Demo tanking is fun.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IiuxvDxpps

You might notice that healer is very low on mana in the second boss fight. Its not the tank's fault (at least not entirely): party suffers a lot of AoE damage in this encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Why not? The more tanks the better the queue.

Also, demon form tanking does make some sense from a lore point of view. Illidan could take on Magtheridon after all.
    Death Knights outnumber warlocks by a huge margin but did nothing to resolve that issue.
    Numbers of tanks do nothing when its a community problem.
    People simply do not want to tank because of them being treated like **** by the dps.

---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 02:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Oh computer nerd, you live up to your name, but as usual, you miss the forest for the trees.
    FUN, is the major reason.
    FUN, is why you have this account here, FUN, is why you played wow in the first place, and FUN is why there are new talents, new glyphs, a new island in a new xpac, and FUN is why there are goddamn pandas and a pub dungeon.

Now WTF is YOUR problem with tanking locks?
    Stop telling us how it can't be done, it CAN be done, and it should be done.
    Why? b/c it's FUN, and unless this game is fun, only dull, anal jerks who are too uptight and can't have fun will play.
    ...but hey, you wanna be afraid of change and play with uptight jerks then get a mirror.

So fuck off with your ridged rules that YOU believe are the absolutes of the wow world.
    No one likes a stick in the mud.
    Because in reality, your post is little more then "stop dreaming, dreams are bad m'kay." and "nothing should change, like at all".
    And it's just flawed from the ground up.
    Paladins were shit for tanks before they were awesome, and don't get me started on how long it took for dk tanking to solidify into it's current state.
    The community has come up with eleventy-seven ways to make it work, but all you have done is piss all over them and drone on about how it shouldn't happen.

yes it would be just as game breaking as prot paladins, feral druids and dk's of all specs...../facepalm
    I mentioned several flaws and your best argument is that it would be fun, so sod the fact it would be broken as hell as long as you enjoy yourself doing it.
    I have stated exactly where it would work, in a 4th spec only.
    I am not arguing with that, but only with flawed "solutions" which do nothing to solve the problems.
    It does not belong in a dps tree as the previous examples with death knights and druids prove beyond any reasonable doubt.
    You choose to ignore that I did support one approach, one that nobody has been able to dispute.

Your example with paladins if anything supports my argument, because again it was in a dedicated tanking spec.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2012-03-31 at 01:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    Demo tanking is fun.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IiuxvDxpps

You might notice that healer is very low on mana in the second boss fight. Its not the tank's fault (at least not entirely): party suffers a lot of AoE damage in this encounter.
    I'm watching this, and seeing an enormous amount of downtime between mashing just a couple of buttons. It doesn't really look that fun to actually play at all :\ Sure, the visuals are flashy, but he's not actually doing much of anything on the face of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I'm watching this, and seeing an enormous amount of downtime between mashing just a couple of buttons. It doesn't really look that fun to actually play at all :\ Sure, the visuals are flashy, but he's not actually doing much of anything on the face of it.
    Well this is the first time I was tanking so I wasn't doing that very effectively. I could do a lot better at maintaining threat and reducing damage by pressing not that few buttons. But yeah, this always will be a scourge of mimic classes: simplified gameplay.

---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 06:49 AM ----------

To be more specific I should use Corruption, Harvest Life, Immolation Aura, Ray of Twilight, Aura of Enfeeblement, Unending Resolve and Shadowfury more often and learn to generate Demonic Fury more efficiently. So don't judge the glyph by my awful tanking
    Last edited by Cursed; 2012-03-31 at 07:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    Well this is the first time I was tanking so I wasn't doing that very effectively. I could do a lot better at maintaining threat and reducing damage by pressing not that few buttons. But yeah, this always will be a scourge of mimic classes: simplified gameplay.

---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 06:49 AM ----------

To be more specific I should use Corruption, Harvest Life, Immolation Aura, Ray of Twilight, Aura of Enfeeblement, Unending Resolve and Shadowfury more often and learn to generate Demonic Fury more efficiently. So don't judge the glyph by my awful tanking
    You did a fine job for your first time imo. I support lock tanking and hope to be a lock tank, and if they don't implement it there won't be much holding me onto wow. Not that much stuff is interesting in this game anymore, and the kiddy additions aren't that intriguing to me.

Also on a side note, do any of you know what a Warlock is? A warlock is a deceiver or an oath breaker (actual definition from, I don't know, 2600 years ago), and according to wow lore they are not all fragile. Honestly, demonology (The study of demons or of demonic belief) would be the perfect tree for a tanking spec. What better way to study a demon than to actually be one. Demons also come in all different shapes, sizes, and with different powers, so no a tanking warlock would not be out of the question one bit.

Before you rattle off about how warlocks can't tank, actually look into what you're saying. The above was taken from lore and actual definitions from books (the things with paper that people read before the internet).

I love the idea of lock tanking. I don't know if that's because tank is my favorite PvE role, and I love my lock... maybe that makes me a little biased. It just seemed extremely unique. I understand where blizzard is coming from, wanting people to devote themselves into a role, not just pop a glyph in and roll. I have to say I'd like to see them run with the idea. The glyph was a poor implementation of an amazing idea. Please don't take us halfway there blizzard. I can't stand when developers implement something half way. Either let us do it, or don't waste your time.

In my opinion.

flashy visuals are fun
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Because fun isn't subjective at all, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    tanking still works

but i don´t get what gc was writing about how the glyph should give warlocks the tank option like shild and onehand for arms
    if meta is up and the tank dies i have to wait 10 seconds, than i can pop presence and start tanking

uhm i see a problem there ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoark View Post
    If you've never made a progression kill from residual dots with everyone dead except a rogue praying for evasion to hold out, you haven't been actively raiding.
    This is so true. I think best ever is when boss dies to dots right after he enrages, killing everybody, and nobody wants to release just to be certain he doesn't reset

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    no worries there

warlocks are going to be the FMTM in pandaria

Edit: and no tanking please, may i remind every one that we are a CLOTH wearing class ?
    and druids and monks wear leather, they still tank. hell monks don't even transform or anything, so we'd have mroe armor than them

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Death Knights outnumber warlocks by a huge margin but did nothing to resolve that issue.
    Numbers of tanks do nothing when its a community problem.
    People simply do not want to tank because of them being treated like **** by the dps.

---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 02:51 AM ----------

I mentioned several flaws and your best argument is that it would be fun, so sod the fact it would be broken as hell as long as you enjoy yourself doing it.
    I have stated exactly where it would work, in a 4th spec only.
    I am not arguing with that, but only with flawed "solutions" which do nothing to solve the problems.
    It does not belong in a dps tree as the previous examples with death knights and druids prove beyond any reasonable doubt.
    You choose to ignore that I did support one approach, one that nobody has been able to dispute.

Your example with paladins if anything supports my argument, because again it was in a dedicated tanking spec.
    HOW can you say it did nothign to resolve that issue? it helped a TON, I have much less of a hard time finding a tank now than back in BC, BC it was a nightmare and a half
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!