Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    if there is lets say only the bow and a agi neck on this bosses loot table, then he can get the bow again OR he gets the neck, doesn´t matter what you already own.
    Yep ok, but that's actually a bad thing imo. Would make more sense if when you already have all the items your spec needs, you can't win the roll.
    Or ou can win, but then the 4th roll gets loot too (assuming 3 loots / boss). I wouldn't like to "ninja" someone chance to loot by getting an useless item.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I did exchange a couple posts with Wryxian about this on the EU forums, and I admit it, I got sold on this system... But I have ONE issue: It should not apply to Guild Runs on World Bosses.
    Ghostcrawlers point about World bosses is valid. You don't want to just bring your 10 man guild team; you want to bring as many people as possible (so 40 presumably).

Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    Don't know if I missed it or it wasn't mentioned... what if you already have the piece of loot? Will the game give you the same item again over another you need from the boss?
    Theoretically, this may happen.

This is essentially the same system that SWTOR had in their Normal Raid modes. The loot is assigned to a player when the bosses die, so you don't get to choose who gets it and even if you have it already you could get doubles or triples of the same item.

Current Games: HearthStone, Eve Online, and World of Tanks
    Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV - "Hyperion" Server
    Current Game: Tera - "Valley of Titans" Server
    Current Game: WoW: MoP & Planetside 2 - BETA
    Current Game: SWTOR - "The Fatman" Server

Quote Originally Posted by Slashgordon View Post
    The valour changes in particular sound very good indeed - sounds like it will make getting valour something that is nice to have in order to supplement gear you get from raiding, rather than something you need to farm in order to raid at all - I like this. I also LOVE how all tier comes from boss tokens in DS and really hope they keep to that model. What I hate about the current system (and its been getting worse with each tier to be honest although the change to the way tier gear works in T13 was a step in the right direction) is that it makes you feel, as a raider, that you need to keep farming heroics constantly to get raiding gear. That was a boring grind and it also devalued raid gear - Raid gear is meant to be special. It is meant to be gear that you earn from killing a boss with a group of other people. It was utterly ridiculous that you could obtain gear equal in power to normal mode raid gear just by farming laughably easy 5 mans over and over again then going to a shop in the middle of Orgrimmar.So yeah, thumbs up for these changes from me.
    So now we are getting a vp system where if you have utterly horrid luck, you won't get anything ever. Sounds great

Know what the better solution would have been? Just taking vp off from running 5 mans. The thought of having every upgradeable item drop off boss's running 10 mans is both disgusting and insulting. Even more so for future mop raids where god knows we get more 7 and 8 boss raids : / Have fun gearing a 10 man in any reasonable amount of time

Current VP system would be more then fine if running 5 mans wasn't handing out VP, and only raids did.

The valor bit seems bad when you have a load of alts ...

Quote Originally Posted by frequency View Post
    It most certainly should, World bosses won't be instanced and will likely be taken on by multiple groups, how would you purpose this is handled?
    That's the point of world bosses, also that would pretty much kill the world pvp aspect.
    It would be handled the same way it has always been handled fight to the death over the boss, pretty simple solution.
    If you don't want to fight well you don't get loots.

In a pve situation you tag it first, its pretty much the same thing.

Edit: Ok maybe kill world pvp is a little harsh, i can still see world pvp happening regardless of this system. Here's to thinking to much into things, something i tell people not to do lol.
    Its probably a good idea as mostly random people will probably do these bosses not guild groups for the most part atleast

I wont lie i did just suggest on Blizzards twitter that the world bosses auto flag you. :x
    Last edited by Bahska; 2012-03-27 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    This system is better if you have a LFR run with low etiquette (ok, that happens often - but not always), but worse if it's not so. Most of all, I don't like that people who can't get any useful loot from certain boss can't pass on roll.
    i do agree with this, as a person that passes on loot i dont need in the current LFR, if i know i dont need any loot from this boss in LFR/5 man, why should i not hav the option to Pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    This system is better if you have a LFR run with low etiquette (ok, that happens often - but not always), but worse if it's not so. Most of all, I don't like that people who can't get any useful loot from certain boss can't pass on roll.
    well that's the strength: you're not rolling against other players. You're just rolling to meet an arbitrary goal.

You and your friend are in LFR and beat a boss. He has several pieces he can win, you've got everything off this boss. When he is downed, you automatically /roll, and let's pretend the threshold is a 18, 19 or 20 on a d20 roll. He rolls a 5 - he doesn't get loot. You roll a 19. You get loot. You were not rolling against him - if he rolled a nat 20 instead you both get loot. In theory, every person in the raid could get loot, though probability doesn't tend toward that.

He can curse the heavens - but he's cursing against luck, not you. You didn't take loot. You're not looking around at the other players and hoping there aren't too many people on your token - you just pays your monies (by beating the boss) and takes your chances.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

I admit I liked abusing the system of loot so that I could bribe people out of something if they won it and I wanted it. That system was heavily flawed, but it benefited me so I was okay with it.

This is still an improvement, no more bosses dropping nothing anyone can use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by isendims View Post
    1 major downside. Say a 3rd of the raid doesn't need loot off a boss, it selects people in that third, they get loot. Everyone else is screwed. Where as in our way now, if you don't need gear and you are a good person, you can pass and not screw other people out of loot.

How do people still not understand that whether or not someone else wins has no affect on whether someone else can or can not win. A certain number of people do not win, a certain standard of "roll" wins. So if the win threshhold is a 80 and all 25 people roll above 80, then they all get loot. Or if no one rolls above 80 than no one gets loot. Although they have mentioned that they may put in some mechanic that prevents those extremes. The point is that one person's win/loss doesnt affect another person's.

Deleted
    Sounds fair

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sounds like they put a lot of thought into this and it will work nicely.
    Sounds like they stole this idea & AOE looting from SWTOR :P

Current Games: HearthStone, Eve Online, and World of Tanks
    Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV - "Hyperion" Server
    Current Game: Tera - "Valley of Titans" Server
    Current Game: WoW: MoP & Planetside 2 - BETA
    Current Game: SWTOR - "The Fatman" Server

Quote Originally Posted by Alka View Post
    AOE looting was around a long time before SWTOR.

10+ Year Old Account
    cool can we aoe looting live now pls thx.

So everything was explained very well just one thing i don't understand. Blizzard says: Most importantly, winning a bonus roll has no effect on what other players win on their bonus rolls or what the boss drops normally. If you have saved up several Charms (this will probably happen when you play but don't raid every week) then you can use one per boss, but you can't cash in multiples on a single boss kill. If you want to save up all of your Charms for the final boss because he (or she in the case of the mantid raid) drops weapons or whatever, that is your prerogative, but you'll only be able to spend one per kill. If you want to save up your Charms for heroic bosses, go for it. It says if you want to save up your charms for heroic bosses go for it, so does that mean there implementing this into regular raiding or is this talking about 5 man heroic bosses?

Valor going into a deeper step of 'reforging'. Cant say that's a bad idea, but I do like getting gear from alternate sources though. I like hte fact that I raid and get gear from vendors. I dont want it all being raid bosses. This I think brings a good opportunity to bring crafted gear back into the mix. Specifically, I'm an engy and all we got was a 359 helm and then a 365 gun.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguardboomkin View Post
    i do agree with this, as a person that passes on loot i dont need in the current LFR, if i know i dont need any loot from this boss in LFR/5 man, why should i not hav the option to Pass?
    How would it kill the PVP aspect,
    What if they decide only the raid that does the most damage get's loot? Do you then use 40 people to do as much damage as possible or do you split your raid to take out the other faction and DPs the boss?
    What if the world bosses are in an area that enables PVP against anyone not in your raid?
    The possibilities are endless here and sound very exciting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alka View Post
    And SW:Tor hasn't stole a thing right? \Go back to getting your jumping debuff in pvp, something blizz hopefully wont take cause whoever thought that was a good idea needs a slap in the face.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2012-03-27 at 05:09 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im a bit slow today so forgive me of the answer is staring me in the face

I see in the write up that the new system will affect LFR, normal, and heroic, but I dont recall reading anything that said i can turn it off.
    My guild prefers the use of the human mind in deciding loot in our raids so we just throw up master looter and do /roll for main spec etc.

Is master looter still available?