Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by greenskye View Post
    Why would you want to pass on a roll in this system? Ever? Even if you already had the 1 item in the loot table that could be considered useful, you would just get that item and vendor. Free ~20g for each time you won a roll. You passing has no affect on anyone else. You would just be voluntarily be throwing away money. If you really want to do that, just destroy the item each time.
    It's implied you can't even pass. It just gives you stuff or doesn't. What you do with the stuff is upto you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadanon View Post
    Ye this is an issue they somehow need to look at.

Its ok for the same item to drop again and again and again when everyone can loot it. But its kinda depressing to think that some one person might have 4 drops of the same item on the same boss but zero items from the next 3 bosses. And thats whole month of subscription fee.

Not very smart to me - I have to admit.
    I got Bloodfang boots in Blackrock before I even saw(saw, actually dropping, not win with dkp) Nightslayer boots from running MC for months.

I think the biggest problem for this system is a perception issue. It does not look to what we are used to and not being able to pass on loots so a friend might win it (people can trade now anyways).

Think of it as this way.

Boss Dies.
    Everyone in the LFR rolls a D10. Everyone who rolled a 10 wins some random piece of loot good for their spec. You could in essence have 25 people win on one boss, or 0 people. I think this bothers people and seeing that a boss could drop more than 3-5 items.
    Sure I could win a loot roll on Shaz every week in Molten Core, but I might never get those Nightslayer Boots like I did in classic.

This is for the casual raiders to experience the content and a quick way for raiding guilds to supplement gear people might need to raid normals they can not get in heroics. Now you don't have to worry about people being so greedy needing stuff they do not need, to sell, to trade, to disenchant. Once that first people did it everyone started to do it to fight back.

Deleted
    Already 1st of April???

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    So someone who already has item X may just win item X again? That's probably the dumbest way to distribute loot I've ever heard. So now rather than that person not rolling at all, the game automatically lets that player win an item he already has that is now non-tradeable against his/her own will. Blizzard, you just get more and more dumb every passing day...
    You are the one without the ability to comprehend what is read, unless you just decided to post without reading.

So how do you "win" loot?Is it something like "A roll of 75+ counts as a win" type of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezus View Post
    AOE looting was around a long time before SWTOR.
    So was the loot system in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post

2) the fact that valor points will allow you to upgrade your gear by up to 8 ilvls (see article) means, quite contrary to their brief flirtation with item squishing, that the difference in the ilvls of the tiers will have to be that much greater to compensate. So not only are they not squishing they are actually increasing the inflation rate of gear stats...just amazing that could do such a 180 degree turn on this subject and make the situation worse and the ultimate item squish they will have to do seem that much worse by comparison.
    That's not necessarily true. Yes we can upgrade by 8 ilvls, but that doesn't mean that the tiers will farther apart than normal. You can still upgrade the ilvl of the drops from a new raid, so perhaps the raids will be tuned a bit higher than usual to encourage players to improve their gear even when it drops from the same raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    So how do you "win" loot?Is it something like "A roll of 75+ counts as a win" type of thing?
    Yes, it will be something like that. Would assume the treshold to be higher than that though, something like 85-90 seems about right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the change to valor EXCEPT for when I'm trying to gear out a new alt for alt raid or because we need a different class for a certain encounter (Like I went hunter instead of my warrior for T12)

I don't know why they can't just use the same system as the holiday events. Item drops, system checks your inventory including bags and bank, if you have the item you can't roll. Simple. In the case of tier pieces it can do a 1/2/3 check and even assign priority. If you have zero, you get it. If you have 1 set piece of that type you lose 20 pts on your roll, 2 set pieces of that type you lose 50 pts, 3 set pieces of that type you can't roll. Class specific.

I dig it, everything expect The Elders thing and Craftsman. I really don't know why Blizz does this. They never update the loot and like others said its only good for 1 tier. So everyone is just gonna be getting Charms to get bonus loot. I feel that is where they screwed up. Everyone will just sit there and farm charms. Yet then again Loot and Rolls dont matter, so whats the point of even writing this? this game has gone so casual its not even funny anymore. whatever

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The lack of understanding here makes me weep.
    No wonder the top threads in the MoP section are where's my beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabreaal View Post
    Agree. Although, my problem isn't really this so much as it is just my own rotten luck. I've been exalted with the oracles and have purchased enough eggs to fill Grommash Hold and have gotten several of everything EXCEPT the mount. I could recount all of the mounts, items, fishing tournaments that have left me disappointed every week, but it would be way too long for one post. This new system virtually guarantees that ONLY luck affects your chance at receiving gear upgrades in LFR. I personally will not be taking part in LFR or any other part of the game that uses this loot system, not when I can at the very least coerce my guildies to take pity on me and give gear to me in normal raids to help me at least gimp along behind them.

Good luck.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Vesci View Post
    I don't know why they can't just use the same system as the holiday events. Item drops, system checks your inventory including bags and bank, if you have the item you can't roll. Simple. In the case of tier pieces it can do a 1/2/3 check and even assign priority. If you have zero, you get it. If you have 1 set piece of that type you lose 20 pts on your roll, 2 set pieces of that type you lose 50 pts, 3 set pieces of that type you can't roll. Class specific.
    What would be the point of that?

Quote Originally Posted by isendims View Post
    1 major downside. Say a 3rd of the raid doesn't need loot off a boss, it selects people in that third, they get loot. Everyone else is screwed. Where as in our way now, if you don't need gear and you are a good person, you can pass and not screw other people out of loot.
    That could happen, but it seems like more loot will be dropping now so that would partially offset that problem. If you're getting twice as much loot off a boss AND each time you *win* it's spec-specific, I'd say an individual's chance of gearing up is much greater.

Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    God I hope not. I can't roll high to save my damn life.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesci View Post
    because this system is infinitely better than the convoluted piece of junk system you just pulled out of your arse?

I LOVE THE VALOR CHANGES!!!This is it, I will try MoP out!!

??

Are the loot changes for Raid Finder only?
    As for valor, What about those people who are not in a raiding guild? Some of us are not fortunate or do not want to be in a snobbish guild that has a raid first mentality.

As for the beta invites.. Blizzard has opened themselves up for problems. Those of us with the Annual pass are supposed to get automatic invites. However, people without the Annual pass HAVE BEEN invited already. I know several. Annual pass signups should have at least gotten in before non annual pass.

Oh well, hopefully Diablo 3 is good that way there is something else to play.

Quote Originally Posted by magazz View Post
    SNIP
    Punctuation points.. please.

Split paragraphs, i beg you.

Now, the new system will stop ninjaing from LFR, so you might have better luck with that.