Deleted

Soloing old raids/dungeons as Disc

Hi,

I tried to solo Sapphiron-10 recently as shadow and, by the lack of skill/gear/luck/whatever I can't down him. I'm running oom very fast because I need to heal a lot. Thus, the idea is to try this fight as Disc!

The enrage timer is rather easy, 15 min, so the average DPS required is below 5k (4648.3 to be precise), which is doable for a 385+ geared priest. The sheer amount of atonement healing (essentially, ~50% of our dps) will help a lot.

I tried to make a disc-solo spec, along the lines of
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfrzMRcbcRrobuMZb:qomdaq

Note the usage of Renew, it is inefficient mana-wise, but casting it doesn't suffer from pushback.

Btw, I tried to solo first boss in TotT normal (Love in the Air charms farming, lol), standard disc spec works like a charm.

What do you think? What should I change?
    Last edited by mmocdeb08f76e5; 2012-03-27 at 04:41 PM. Reason: wrong link

10+ Year Old Account
    The spec you linked looks great, one minor thing to think about...
    With the use of Atonement, trade the points in Inspiration to Focused Will.

Edit: Never mind, you have points in both, spec looks great, good luck with it!
    Last edited by Madam; 2012-03-27 at 05:05 PM.

Doesn't Sapp-10 hit hard enough to trigger Masochism?

Quote Originally Posted by Solia View Post
    Doesn't Sapp-10 hit hard enough to trigger Masochism?
    It hits for 9k so no.

Though I was surprised a 385 ilvl shadow would oom on sapphiron. Were you using swd on cd? Did you glyph dispersion?

10+ Year Old Account
    I use a very similar spec when I wanna go solo but skip darkness in favor of reflective shield and mod my reforging instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    Though I was surprised a 385 ilvl shadow would oom on sapphiron. Were you using swd on cd? Did you glyph dispersion?
    Well, apparently, I could use swd much more often. Dispersion is glyphed, I think to put also glyph of flash heal and run a couple of tries today. If I don't down it, I'll stick to my disc spec and admit that my skill in shadow is not high enough=)

Quote Originally Posted by Althanza View Post
    Well, apparently, I could use swd much more often. Dispersion is glyphed, I think to put also glyph of flash heal and run a couple of tries today. If I don't down it, I'll stick to my disc spec and admit that my skill in shadow is not high enough=)
    I much rather suggest glyphing PWS instead of Flash Heal. And yes, use swd more often.

Deleted
    Just downed it on my first try as disc(didn't try as shadow). The fight took 14 mins 14 seconds,
    proportion of damage is around

Smite - 46%
    Penance - 17%
    Holy Fire - 17%
    Reflective Shield - 12%
    plus everything else.

Nothing to worry during the whole fight, just used all disc cooldowns.(PI, PS, PWB, mana hymn)

Imho, it was less stressful than in shadow.

15+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't have had mana problems as shadow. For most people (myself included) Shadowfiend is like a 2-3 minute CD because of crits from MF reducing the CD every time you crit MF & using SWD on CD. I'd suggest trying that next week and seeing how it goes. I'd swap out Glyph SWP for either PWS or Dispersion (PWS for the healing over dispersion for mana) because once you reach 25% SWD will give you all the mana back you'd need to even pop direct heals on yourself if needed.

Deleted
    By the way, speaking of Shadowfiend. As far as I understand, in this fight DPS is less important than survival and mana management. Wouldn't it be more useful to replace LFR parts of t13 by HC versions of t12 to get a reduced cd of the Shadowfiend?

Quote Originally Posted by Althanza View Post
    By the way, speaking of Shadowfiend. As far as I understand, in this fight DPS is less important than survival and mana management. Wouldn't it be more useful to replace LFR parts of t13 by HC versions of t12 to get a reduced cd of the Shadowfiend?
    Exactly, survival is key here. Because of that you will want to maximize your stamina and intellect, as these strongly improve your survivability. The shortened CD on shadowfiend isnt as important as those extra stats you'll gain. In addition make sure you have flask and food buff as well as forgotten kings. Sapphiron is the second easiest boss in Naxx for a priest to solo..

15+ Year Old Account
    Second easiest? The easiest being?

Loatheb of course, the boss is literally a target dummy. Hence easiest.

Actually I take back what I said about sapphiron being 2nd easiest. The actual 2nd easiest would be Grobbulus.

The 3rd easiest would be Sapphiron.

Deleted
    Interesting enough, dps requirements for Kel'Thusad are also quite lax - between 6k and 7k DPS, it's a survival fight. Disc spec should have some problems in phase 1 (lack of burst to deal with non-skeleton adds), and, possibly, near the end of the fight, for mana reasons, though I still believe it's doable.

I'll try today and see what I manage to do.

Actually I do not recommend going disc for Kel'Thusad. You won't have any problems with phase 1 (it was even doable before cata), but this fight is all about phase 3. I'm afraid you are going to have problems even with phase 2 due to mana void debuff. Shadow has a lot more ways to regen mana and phase 3 was all about burst and mana management. This boss is not so hard with current level of available gear after all (and 4T13 rocks)