Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I know you can't trade it, but the people that already ran it are invalidated from even rolling. They had their chance, they don't get a second chance that week (Or do they? If they do, this is all moot, then nevermind)

So only the "New" person for the second and subsequent run would be valid for winning loot. This is also assuming that it just automatically /roll everyone that is valid, then takes the top # rolls (1-5, whatever) and assigns appropriate loot to them. Again, if you could still lose the roll even if you are the only one there that is technically allowed to roll, then, this is again moot. And also, makes me say, "Wha?!"
    This will be to all your posts. With this new system, they won't have a set number of loot they must hand out. There is a certain threshold you must break (lets say 20% chance, so rolling 81-100). If you roll in that, you win the item; else, no go. They will most likely not have a ceiling (max number of loot) since the chance of all 25 winning is extremely low (.20^25) while I am torn on the minimum. Because of the ability to exploit it like you said, they will probably not have a minimum. Or they will make a complicated system behind the scenes that detects the amount of people eligible for loot then set a % of them that will gain it at minimum. So lets say 25 people are eligible for loot, and they want a minimum of 5 loot (doing this for ease of numbers), they'll reroll so at least 5 people win; however, if only 5 people are eligible, only 1 must win. If one person is eligible, truncate that mofo so minimum of 0 must win. Who knows, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    do even know what it means to ninja an item?
    he thinks it means 'to equip it while wearing a mask' is my guess...

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    But that's how it already is!
    No, currently the boss could drop stuff that is completely worthless to you, even if you are the only valid loot person (i.e. Plate for a mage, etc)

But, apparently, everything I said is moot, because I didn't realize it wasn't just the "Top 5 rolls win class/spec appropriate stuff", but it could be anywhere from 0-25 people win.

So... yeah... belay my last.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    <snip>
    There is so much ignorance in the OP, it's actually a little sad.

Please re-read all of the blue post again, slowly, it might help.♠
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    This will be to all your posts. With this new system, they won't have a set number of loot they must hand out. There is a certain threshold you must break (lets say 20% chance, so rolling 81-100). If you roll in that, you win the item; else, no go. They will most likely not have a ceiling (max number of loot) since the chance of all 25 winning is extremely low (.20^25) while I am torn on the minimum. Because of the ability to exploit it like you said, they will probably not have a minimum. Or they will make a complicated system behind the scenes that detects the amount of people eligible for loot then set a % of them that will gain it at minimum. So lets say 25 people are eligible for loot, and they want a minimum of 5 loot (doing this for ease of numbers), they'll reroll so at least 5 people win; however, if only 5 people are eligible, only 1 must win. If one person is eligible, truncate that mofo so minimum of 0 must win. Who knows, time will tell.
    Yeah, exactly. Everything I said was entirely assuming there would be some min/max amount of winners per boss. If that assumption is flat ass wrong, well, then nevermind.

If I thought of it in less than 24 hours since GC's blue post being on MMO, you know for damn sure others can think of it, so hopefully Blizz will do a little QA testing of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I know you can't trade it, but the people that already ran it are invalidated from even rolling. They had their chance, they don't get a second chance that week (Or do they? If they do, this is all moot, then nevermind)

So only the "New" person for the second and subsequent run would be valid for winning loot. This is also assuming that it just automatically /roll everyone that is valid, then takes the top # rolls (1-5, whatever) and assigns appropriate loot to them. Again, if you could still lose the roll even if you are the only one there that is technically allowed to roll, then, this is again moot. And also, makes me say, "Wha?!"
    You don't roll "against" people in your raid. You simply make a personal win or lose roll for loot. If luck is on the raids side, you could have everyone win an item off the same boss kill. You could have no items won. So it actually makes the high-end guild loot funneling idea impossible, not just less likely. I hope this also explains things for the OP, though I doubt so. He/she likely does not speak english as a first language (not a bad thing, just stating thats why hes having trouble understanding). You should look for a translation of it OP, since it is very clear how it works from the text on the front page, I don't see any other reason for you not understanding than you simply cant read english well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Ninjaing an item now means someone else winning an item you want.
    The difference between "someone has acquired X" and "someone stole X from me" is a subtle one to many people.

OP: You're dumb. Nuff said.

To the situation as a whole...I think it's pretty ridiculous that Blizz is going to decide your gear for you. Are they going to start picking your talent points, gems, enchants, and even ability priorities/rotations for you as well? This is the kind of thing pushing any "Old school" player away. What's the point in trying to compete when everyone is forced to conform?

10+ Year Old Account
    cant understand how it can be good at all!
    Yes, this much is clear :P

well thanks to you if its true then its good I have no more to say.
    But look, you learned! Perhaps the forums aren't completely forsaken

i think you're readin a bit too much into it, OP.

its going to work the exact same as normal mode raids in SWTOR, the game will predetermine who gets loot, and im assuming if they are using the same or a similar system, that the person's name will be above the item when you go to loot the boss.

so instead of doing loot counsel or DKP or whatever else your guild currently uses, they can forget about it, because blizzard just simplified it for everyone.

(i dont raid normal modes in SWTOR for this very reason, and this only reaffirms my decision to not play MoP, to each his own though, hope the info helps clear some stuff up for ya there, OP)

10+ Year Old Account
    People really will find anything to complain about. This has nothing to do with actually taking an item from someone who needs it, you'll still get gold/flasks, or a piece of gear to vendor. I'll gladly take anything you don't want then OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post

so instead of doing loot counsel or DKP or whatever else your guild currently uses, they can forget about it, because blizzard just simplified it for everyone.
    Except that this system is only implemented for LFR, not the normal/hc raids.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post

ahhh, well, thats somewhat comforting then, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok guys here is how shit will work

You kill Ultraxion in LFR. For the sake of this example and to demonstraight my point i will pretend that tier tokens are not droped. the game selects 5 random people to give loot to them...they in essence "won a roll" in a background of the game.

Out of those 5 People we have

DK tank
    Mage
    Arms Warrior
    Frost DK
    Holy Priest

The system would then check the bosses loot table and assign this

Dk tank would get the Tanking Feet
    Mage would get gold as there are no caster items
    Arms and Frost DK the following could happen...Both get str trinket, one can get str ring while other gets trinket, both get str ring
    Holy Priest would get the off-hand

Lets say that Arms warrior wins the trinket and next week this Arms warrior would down Ultraxion again and he also was eligible to participate in the loot table.
    The game then randomly assigns him an item from the loot table and he has two optiions a) get the trinket again and vendor it for gold or de it or b) win the ring...RNG is RNG what can you do

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 09:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    also world bosses

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    i thought ninja was a masterlooter who ignores the roll takes the loot and leaves the raid...

15+ Year Old Account
    If the system actually works in that an individual player can queue for LFR multiple times (Having cleared it once already) and still be eligible to have the game roll for him/her - and win, I can honestly see people like myself just chain running LFR over and over again. If not, then I can easily see guilds loot funneling into players.

What we know about the old system is;
    1. If you clear LFR you are ineligible for loot from any of the bosses should you run it again.

The new system, from what I understand, gives each player an opportunity to win loot. Now, if the old system's ineligibility applies, guilds can and likely will exploit this. If it does not, then I can see a little replay value for LFR for people like me who are always strapped for cash (gold).

I just wanna know if there's a way to turn the option off so i don't take something if I don't need it.

For example, friend just hits the iLVL to do LFR and my pallies completely decked out in tanking gear, is there a way to make it so I don't win items so I don't screw anyone else in the group over?

The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose.

It is forcing innocent players who want not to contribute to the loss of individual loot to become thieves against their will.

This is communism.

Give us the ability to police ourselves, hold accountable those who abuse an already abusive system.

This is what you ask for when you support LFG/LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose.

It is forcing innocent players who want not to contribute to the loss of individual loot to become thieves against their will.

This is communism.

Give us the ability to police ourselves, hold accountable those who abuse an already abusive system.

oh the humanity!!!! ROFL AHAHAHAHAHAH

Communism....ability to choose?....dude is game and its LFR not a nation.....you want a choice? here is one for you....DON'T USE THE SYSTEM.....because people with a brain and common sense think its a great system and vast improvement to what we have

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post

There is a way that you can hold be held accountable. And that's in Normal/heroic modes where these rules do not apply. Otherwise, the fact that abuse of the loot rules in current system have been so widespread goes to show, if you act like a spoilt child, then you will get treated like one.

Also, communism? Really?