Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed this, but it's not even "men are stupid" that's prevalent, actually.

Take a look at commercials where the man and woman are both average, equal in looks and apparent intelligence where neither is depicted as stupid. The majority of the time, the man will be the one who's wrong and the woman will be presenting the more efficient, smarter, or better method of doing something or product. This is what I hate about society. We do something stupid; racism, sexism, whatever it is until someone makes us go "Y'know, this is a bad idea. We shouldn't do this." Things are good at that point. Then society does a 180 and swings the pendulum as far in the opposite direction as they possibly can.

1. We've presented women as being less valued than men in advertising. (That's a bad idea, we shouldn't do that)
    2. Feminist movement: Women want to be treated equally to men. (Good idea)
    3. Pendulum swings.
    4. Men are idiots who are barely capable of doing day to day functional tasks. Ha ha, let's laugh at the big dumb male. (Really? Isn't this back where we started, only in reverse?)

It's not just sexism, it's just about anything. Look at the housing crisis.

1. Give anyone, ANYONE, as much money as we can throw at them. No credit history? Bankruptcy? TAKE THE MONEY!
    2. Market collapses due to stupidity.
    3. Pendulum swings.
    4. Sorry, your 825 credit score, flawless credit history, and stability in your current career and financial situation just isn't enough to get you the loan you'd like for a new house. Maybe in a year or so?

I've concluded human beings are simply wildly overreactionary.

In closing: Nerf rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Same situation like when in every single cartoon mother is more inteligent parent with much better job while father is generally gold hearthed moron. It's okay but if you switched them then it would be "sexist and unacceptable".
    Hahaha so true. Similar to if a guy trash talks a girl and she hits him, it's acceptable (deemed self defense or because he was "harassing"), but if a girl trash talks a man and slaps him in the face provoking a punch from a guy, it's assault. Also the same thing when men talk badly about women on a tv show, it's sexist and bashed in papers etc, but when women do the same about men, it's fine and ignored (deemed acceptable).

Whilst I do have examples, I don't really care, doubt other men do either since we like the shit happens mentality.

tbh it isn't funny... we should do something about it instead of simply not caring shouldn't we? The commercial are teaching the young generation that we're stupid.
    In the end we're the losing one.

It's actually been going on much longer than you might think. The Romans are credited with creating the idea of a stock character. The most popular formula for comedy was the bumbling dad, the smart wife, the greedy son and the promiscuous daughter. This has, without a doubt, been a formula for comedy for centuries. It just so happens advertising leans toward women because, well, they're home all day while the men are out working.

Thought I would sexist it up for ya a bit at the end

It can sometimes irk me when they do this, but then I just remember there are also commercials depicting women as absolute jerks too so I just let it slide.

Deleted
    Golds is gonna love this guy:

Probably the first 40 or so years of television and major advertising campaigns showed women as nothing more than submissive housewives only for cooking, cleaning and sex. Whenever they were portrayed outside of the kitchen, they were always shown as stupid, constantly getting the man in trouble, and relying on a man to fix everything.

I am male btw, and I see the same trend, and have had the same thought, but frankly I just don't care, as that is not how I view myself and I don't need commercials or some terribly dopey sit-com to validate me.

Isn't that the same everywhere? Not just commercials?
    Miranda Rights: Miranda has the right to a decent man to help her raise her baby.

Lol those videos you posted are the exact same videos i have said this about with a friend of mine. Truth be told, a lot of men are that stupid.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

It's a conspiracy from the femi-nazis, obviously.

The women are going to rise up and we'll all but completely obliterate the male population, keeping the survivors as slaves.

Edit: Grammar r hardz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    It's a conspiracy from the femi-nazis, obviously.

The women are going to rise up and we'll all but completely obliterate the male population, keeping the survivors as slaves.
    You make me smile almost every time I see you post Rose, thanks.

OT: I could respond with something like "Why are women so often Lara Croft-ified?" I can't really explain how I feel other than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Ill try to say this in the least demeaning way to women as I can but.

Do you REALLY think that the males of this species will ever be degraded to a victorian level of respect akin to women in those days. Or that guys will be the ones on the recieving end of "get back in the kitchen" jokes. No disrespect to anyone but its just not going to happen.

I don't think that , you clearly misunderstood me , what i mean is why can't there be normal commercial without degrading both gender?
    we're teaching the young generations that male are the imbecile one in the family.

and those ''days'' as you say are over , if anyone think that a woman is more stupid than a man , he's the dumb one no doubt on that but why should thing reverse? why should men be the ''stupid one'' now?

The men don't look stupid.

I actually think it IS sexist. Because if the woman can do it, eat it, buy it, think of it, then EVERYONE can. If the man had the lead, like in the Windows ad, do you see women buying it? No, cause then it becomes a guy-thing. But now, even a woman can do it! So men too! ..I think THAT's sortof the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Lol those videos you posted are the exact same videos i have said this about with a friend of mine. Truth be told, a lot of men are that stupid.
    this is exactly what im talking about , why do you think men are stupid? because some dumb commercial say so? the men in the commercial are actor , they're paid to do that , i highly doubt that they're stupid in their everyday life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making fun of white males is the only thing they can do without being called racist or sexist and having some sort of retarded law suit against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    The men don't look stupid.

I actually think it IS sexist. Because if the woman can do it, eat it, buy it, think of it, then EVERYONE can. If the man had the lead, like in the Windows ad, do you see women buying it? No, cause then it becomes a guy-thing. But now, even a woman can do it! So men too! ..I think THAT's sortof the point.
    ''mind blow''

you should watch the commercials once again and try to think this time.

there is sexism in advertisement. suck it up. do you think women enjoy seeing ourselves portrayed as people who do nothing but mop floors, cook, do laundry, or get naked to sell things to men?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    White Males 18-50 are easy targets. You can pretty much say anything about them and they dont care. /shrug
    QTF

Omg10char
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I dunno dude. You're on quite the commercial kick huh?

White Males 18-50 are easy targets. You can pretty much say anything about them and they dont care. /shrug
    except for mr. golds

Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    there is sexism in advertisement. suck it up. do you think women enjoy seeing ourselves portrayed as people who do nothing but mop floors, cook, do laundry, or get naked to sell things to men?
    We're in the 21 , if any commercials ever did this now , there would be hundred thousand complain and hundred law suits agaisnt the compagny that made the commercials.
    stop being biased please.