Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    because making fun of men is not sexist in any way and appeals to the women who massively eat that shit up.
    This ^

Its females of a certain age that cry sexism over the smallest thing where as most men know how to take a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Yeah maybe we are. By your logic since we don't get discriminated against it's ok if it DOES happen? Funny, I thought discrimination in any form was bad.
    The difference is, we (men) are not being discriminated against in these commercials. Sure, they're vaguely sexist but the advertisers aren't refusing to sell you Fiber One bars or whatever. The ads are indeed meant to convey to female buyers that, with regard to the product in question, they are better equipped to make the decision to purchase it than their male counterpart. And that they should choose the product in question, because who knows what terrible decision their counterpart would make.

That said, the first few times I saw the Windows "To The Cloud" ad, it annoyed me. It's not that the husband is portrayed as dumb in that commercial, it's the horrible outfits that the mother chose, and the fact that the husband looks like Brett Favre (I honestly think that's what they were going for). Also, the mother is more concerned about getting the perfect photo, rather than helping get that damned action figure out of her son's ear.

Maybe she needs to buy more Fiber One bars and less Eggo waffles...

Commercials and marketing campaigns on food, basic housewares, general clothing, etc such are generally targeted at women as they're the primary buyers of said goods. Because of that, they poke fun at men in the commercials to give the primary marketing audience a laugh while advertising and without offending them.

It's a pendulum swing absolutely but white men are the only people you can poke fun at without being called racist or sexist and the commercials generally appeal to their target audience. Hell I worked at Kohls for a short period of time and we were expected to make any woman feel like a perfect goddess because that's their target audience. Do men shop at Kohls? Absolutely. But do all of the ads, commercials, sales, policies etc aim at woman and have that female empowerment/encouragement feel? Bet your ass they do. Poking fun at men is just a humorous way to accomplish the same marketing.

Man are being teach that woman are smarter in schools , heck there even scientist post about it how a young female is more to stay in school and study
    young male have much more energy to spend then a young female , they can't stay sit for hours to end learning , they must do sport run have fun.
    I'm not gonna get into this , it would never end.

Most of the teacher are woman , you lets your kid to them 6hours a day 5 days a week , if your child as a feminist teacher he will eventually believe in what she say.
    I DO NOT MEAN that every teacher are feminist don't get me wrong on this.I know alot will but still.
    i had feminist teacher in the past i remember them priorising the female all the time.

man born free and then define himself in the world around him.

Because women and men aren't considered equal, seriously try this shit with women, especially the first add and see how long it takes for some stupid feminist to get all 2012 on that shit, yet no one blinks an eye if its men, so stupid.

99% of the time it's like this: Chivalry when they expect it, sexism when they don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    So wives who view their husbands as dumb blockheads will find the commercial funny then buy their shit when they are at the supermarket.. Duh why else.

Quote Originally Posted by Beruwan View Post
    So wives who view their husbands as dumb blockheads will find the commercial funny then buy their shit when they are at the supermarket.. Duh why else.
    why would a wife see their husband as dumb blockhead? I don't get the point.
    why would you marry someone that you believe is dumb? that doesn't make any sense.
    and most of the time , the wife is as dumb as her husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrgh View Post
    The difference is, we (men) are not being discriminated against in these commercials. Sure, they're vaguely sexist but the advertisers aren't refusing to sell you Fiber One bars or whatever. The ads are indeed meant to convey to female buyers that, with regard to the product in question, they are better equipped to make the decision to purchase it than their male counterpart. And that they should choose the product in question, because who knows what terrible decision their counterpart would make.

That said, the first few times I saw the Windows "To The Cloud" ad, it annoyed me. It's not that the husband is portrayed as dumb in that commercial, it's the horrible outfits that the mother chose, and the fact that the husband looks like Brett Favre (I honestly think that's what they were going for). Also, the mother is more concerned about getting the perfect photo, rather than helping get that damned action figure out of her son's ear.

Maybe she needs to buy more Fiber One bars and less Eggo waffles...
    Yeah I understand that and agree...I was more replying to the idea that because we are WASPS we are somehow shouldn't have the nerve to get offended that maybe someone discriminates against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Probably because guys just dont care enough to even remotely think about whining to the AD companies, whereas im pretty sure ad's about women have been taken down for being too sexist or some other BS like that. Plus I think its just a stereotype, the fat middle aged dummie, not really true but its in alot of sitcoms and shows like that, which poser mentioned.

This. Something that pokes fun at men = men just laugh it up and women eat it up.

Something poking fun at women = men still laughing it up and women gender racism and the feminist nazis start making plans to boycott.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Those ads are targeted towards housewives. If they feel good about themselves they will be more likely to buy your product.

I have nothing to say for my gender as a whole, but as a female I personally find these commercials offensive too. maybe they're not degrading women, but i dont think men should be portrayed like that. My dad did all the grocery shopping and cooking growing up. He's the one that stays at home and while my mom works all day in a really successful job, he's taking care of the "female??" things. Dads are never that stupid.. They don't need to be portrayed like that. While they may not "get it" sometimes with their kids, they're not that bad. The ad companies that make these commercials need to fucking tone it down. Make a stupid mom joke
    On a sidenote to bad commercials-- anyone ever notice that the one laundry soap commercial where the grass stain is rubbing itself on the kids clothes looks REALLY raunchy? Am i the only one that sees that? lol.

Deleted
    The females have 9 months of life within them. In those 9 months, men are their slaves and they tend get softer and in some cases in their women's eyes - dumber.
    nah J/K - feminism is a major factor and if an ad is targeted for females, they'd do such things as making me dumber.

You ain't fooling me female sapiens sapiens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
    Because, feminism.
    I do believe you have miss-understood what Feminism is.
    Feminism is believing everyone is equal in all ways.
    It doesn't mean a woman is smart than a man, or a man is smarter than a women.

There are just as many, if not more, commercial that depict women as lesser than men or that a woman's place is in the household. I dare you to look at any commercial for Detergent, Dryers, Washing Machines, Clothing Softener, Dishes, and most in-house cooking appliance. You will find they are aimed at women. They feature women, not men.
    In all these commercials, they take place in-side the house. This is considered the woman's sphere. It shows that women have power inside their households. This can be considered sexist in itself, because that means a man has no power or intelligent thought when it comes to the house.

You can look at ANY commercial these days and go, "That's sexist."
    Friends: Will help you move.
    Best Friends: Will help you move the Bodies

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Sorry for that. English aint my first language...
    dont be sorry dude. Made me giggle lol

Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    This only scratches the surface. This is just plaguing the Ad business these days..... seriously... what the flying fuck?
    I don't see how the last two were at all pointing to the (lack of) intelligence of the male figure, in fact I think the last one is actually showing him outsmarting his family.

However, ads are based largely on cultural trends. If you look at tv shows from the 70's and 80's, it is always the males who are the strong figures keeping the family together and being the "bread winners". The women usually cooked the meals and did what their husband told them. Now adays, we view women much different, and their is something quite attractive about a strong woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Forfax View Post
    I DO NOT MEAN that every teacher are feminist don't get me wrong on this.I know alot will but still.
    i had feminist teacher in the past i remember them priorising the female all the time.
    There are only three teachers I would ever dare to say had favorites of specific genders. Two were male, and they both seemed to favor the females and one female who seemed to favor males. So any point you were trying to make about "feminist teachers" is moot, it is a two way street and not always girl girl, guy guy.
    Last edited by volescue; 2012-03-28 at 12:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    because making fun of men is not sexist in any way and appeals to the women who massively eat that shit up.
    Got em ^^^
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Yeah I understand that and agree...I was more replying to the idea that because we are WASPS we are somehow shouldn't have the nerve to get offended that maybe someone discriminates against us.
    I completely agree, if someone is discriminating against you, or hell, even just being rude, you SHOULD get offended, at least if it's about something you care about and can/are able to do something about it.

It's much easier to win a fight for "A" cause rather than "THE" cause.

Quote Originally Posted by zazou View Post
    On a sidenote to bad commercials-- anyone ever notice that the one laundry soap commercial where the grass stain is rubbing itself on the kids clothes looks REALLY raunchy? Am i the only one that sees that? lol.
    Definitely have. I may have had a nightmare about grass stains attacking me in my new grey sweatshirt... at least I hope it was jut a nightmare...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Lol those videos you posted are the exact same videos i have said this about with a friend of mine. Truth be told, a lot of men are that stupid.
    Truth be told a lot of people are stupid, men and women alike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Because its funny and no one cares