Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Coke Zero FTW!

I'm on a diet, but it's not one of the ones that have you solely eating a certain type of food group or ignoring others. I've just set a goal of doing 30 minutes of cardio on top of my usual days activity and consuming 1500 calories in total, while avoiding massive amounts of staurated fat and sugars. The Paleolithic Diet is based on an era where we were far more physically active than we are today, so I'm personally going to stick with just eating less calories and avoiding utter crap for food.
    Sadly, diet drinks (diet soda, coke zero, pepsi zero and the zero calorie monster) use this artificial sweetener which acts as a sort of anti-anti-fat. It prevents you from burning up calories from fat, so you might as well be drinking the real thing. Try switching to green tea, water, black coffee.

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 08:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rowley1001 View Post
    Been on one for about 7 months, down 100lbs. I am doing a program were I eat 5 of their meals and some lean and green. Probably about 1300 calories a day but that varies. Walking about 5 miles a week on average. Its not to bad but I sure crave some of that awful food every once and awhile.
    Even in the best of diets, they should allow 1 or 2 cheat meals a week. Not to say go crazy and eat 3 pizzas in one meal, but if you want a pizza, you can eat a few pieces. If you want a burger, you can eat a burger. But it's 1 or 2 meals a week, not a full on cheat DAY.

I started a diet around November, I cut out fast food, I cut out soda, I cut my portions. I lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks while working out twice a week. (I burned about 1500 calories per work out)
    I hit a plateau after those 15 pounds, and then I stopped the diet, didn't gain any weight back. I started the diet back up 2 weeks later, lost another 8 pounds. I wasn't big, but I'm cutting weight down to get really lean and for boxing. (that's the workout i do)
    I'm also studying to become a personal trainer, and will be able to work out quite a bit soon! Unfortunately I haven't been able to work out much lately, car troubles, but I'll be back and drop the last 7 pounds while toning like crazy.
    Last edited by Demonakat; 2012-03-28 at 01:29 AM.

I'll tell you what my usual daily eating is, if it'll help you any.

Breakfast, usually one of a few things:

-Oatmeal. The real kind, with one ingredient in it. Oats. Not that packaged shit. What I really like about oatmeal aside from being filling is that it's quite versatile in what you can put in it. Typically I'll have a small bit of brown sugar, dash of cinnamon, walnuts, flax seeds, and top it with a couple spoonfuls of yogurt. I also love me some blueberries in there when they're in season. I tried the frozen kind, but something about them just doesn't taste right.

-Eggs, on top of whole wheat toast, with a couple slices of tomato on top.

-Protein smoothie. Real easy, scoop of powder, 1 cup frozen mixed berries, 1 cup apple juice. I'll usually do this the morning after I have a late workout at the gym, just to keep the party going. It's also really good if you need something to take with you if you're running behind on the way to work.

Lunch:

-Turkey wrap. Whole wheat wrap, bed of spinach, sliced turkey breast, slice of American cheese, a bit of honey mustard, (I love Boar's Head) and a few dried cranberries.

What I like best about this is it's all portable in one bag, which I can just grab and bring to and from work, no need to wake up early to make lunch or try and fit it in the night before.

Dinner:

-Grab a pan, splash of olive oil, cook up some pieces of chicken breast. Add vegetables of choice. (I got for peppers, mushrooms, and broccoli myself) Pinch of salt if you want. Serve over brown rice.

I have this most nights. Even after a long night at work it's not terribly involved to make, and is quite tasty. Switch up the vegetables for variety, if needed.

Drink:

Water. Water. With a bit of water for good measure. There's really no reason to drink anything else in day to day life. I have a few small sips of Simply's raspberry lemonade in the morning because I like something acidy to get rid of the morning yuck mouth before I brush my teeth, but it's all water, all the time after that.

Snacks:

It's gonna happen. An hour or more until lunch, and you're feeling a bit hungry. In my desk at work I keep apples and a can of almonds. Apples are good at keeping you full, and of course tasty, or if you need something less, I find 6-8 almonds satisfying to hold me over.

I also bring along a protein bar with me to the gym at night for post-workout.

Well, that's it for me. It's simple, and it works.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

I'm not really on a "Diet" per say. I have cut out sweets and soft drinks, and am quite rapidly losing weight. I've lost about 10-15 pounds, dropped at least a pants size, maybe two, in a month and three weeks.

It really wasn't hard to cut them out. Gonna start cutting out High-C's too, to completely get high fructose corn syrup out of my diet all together.

I feel better than I ever have. I started at about 280, my goal is to be at about 220, at least, before August. I should get plenty of exercise this summer working outdoors.

I'm Six foot, so my "True" weight should be about 185, but I think my Scottish/German ancestry has given me big bones, because I'm fairly large even in places that have very little fat on me, so maybe about 200 or so would be the best weight for me.

Even a month ago I couldn't run across my parent's yard without running out of breath, today I ran across and back and was only breathing slightly heavily.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2012-03-28 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    grats!

dieting is hard, I fnd it easier to increase the amount of exersize I do, while making small gradual changes to my diet, I.E. less fastfood, les fried foods and processed foods etc etc.

I do a hour of exersize in the morning 5 days a week, then run anywhere from 2-4 miles a day during lunch

Running 2-4 miles on the weekends, and/or ruck marching with my dog (hiking with a weighted backpack) for a few miles.

my calorie intake is anywhere from 1500-2000 a day
    Yeah, changing my diet was the toughest thing to do. A lot of failure at first, but you quickly realize how a better diet and exercise makes you feel, and thought of Fast-Food is not appealing anymore.

Not really, but I completely gave up drinking soft drinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I NEVER eat cheese, white bread, or High fat items (I.e. mayo, butter)& I always eat fresh food, never any processed food (i.e. hotdogs)
    Not on a diet though, I eat whatever I want whenever I want. (5 foot 10 in, 130lbs)
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

Quote Originally Posted by Droids View Post
    Yeah, changing my diet was the toughest thing to do. A lot of failure at first, but you quickly realize how a better diet and exercise makes you feel, and thought of Fast-Food is not appealing anymore.
    The one thing I've learned, is it's 90% a mental game.

Don't be afraid of feeling a little hungry, if you KNOW you've recently had enough that should be reasonably satisfying you. Also drink some water before you go snacking on anything, you might just need some.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    The one thing I've learned, is it's 90% a mental game.

Don't be afraid of feeling a little hungry, if you KNOW you've recently had enough that should be reasonably satisfying you. Also drink some water before you go snacking on anything, you might just need some.
    I will say that I've found that drinking water regularly goes a long way towards curbing hunger.

I'm consuming my weight in frosted flakes every week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I want to lose 3 pounds.

Seriously though, nope. High metabolism for the win.

Is there any dummy proof day to day meal plans that include all proper nutrition / vitamins?

Planning on losing alot of weight but want to have everything planned out so I'm not guessing and screwing up.

Im currently planning one. I've started gym and with my current diet(lots of junk) I wont be getting anywhere, so I gotta start eating healthier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rowley1001 View Post
    Been on one for about 7 months, down 100lbs. I am doing a program were I eat 5 of their meals and some lean and green. Probably about 1300 calories a day but that varies. Walking about 5 miles a week on average. Its not to bad but I sure crave some of that awful food every once and awhile.
    congrats man

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    Is there any dummy proof day to day meal plans that include all proper nutrition / vitamins?

Planning on losing alot of weight but want to have everything planned out so I'm not guessing and screwing up.
    there's lots of nutrition value sites online; but in the end it's all deceptively easy.
    "don't eat lots, don't eat candy in any form".

Give up soft drinks.
    Cook at home so you aren't force-fed resteraunt sized portions.
    Have bread, pasta, or potatoes only once per day.
    Get 30 minutes of exercise (be it cardio or lifting) per day.
    I generally go between 1400-1900 calories a day. Hungry? Greek Yogurt or fresh fruit is awesome.

Problem solved. Its working for me, I'm trying to hold off buying all new pants but they look silly all bunched up at the waist under my belt.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually been planning on dieting as soon as my school semester ends (swamped with work right now until the first week of May.)
    So far, I've decided the best idea seems to be eating natural foods. (Chicken, brown rice, vegetables, fruits, eggs, etc. sadly I hate nuts =/) and chug water like no tomorrow. Personal Trainer buddy told me to expect to piss like a race-horse.
    But the best snacks seem to be fruits/veggies or Greek Yogurt. That stuff is magical. It tastes awesome, 14g of protein, and very small calorie count for how filling it is.

Sadly, I really hate working out, but I guess it's a necessary evil. We'll see how it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started dieting on Feb 12 and so far I've lost about11kgs (24.2 lbs)
    I'm definitely in it for the long run, it's not as hard as I thought it would be getting into it.

I'm not on any specific diet as laid out by someone though, just my own diet. Replaced all coke with water, if I want something other than water I drink tea or a glass of orange juice (Generally only one glass a day of OJ), bought an exercise bike I'm trying to use regularly, cut down my portions by a lot and replaced a lot of what I was eating with veggies and fish, and replaced my snacks of crisps with fruit.

I allow my self to cheat occasionally, get a take out and a can of coke etc but then next day right back on with eating healthily. Main thing that prevented me from doing it before was the thought of not drinking coke any more (used to be one of those litre a day of coke type people) but then I got sick and drunk water for a week and thought, hey...I can do this.

Not really on a diet since i dont need it (skinny as hell by nature, 52kg with 174cm) but iam currently trying

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_fasting

to see if it improves my health. But it can also be used to loose weight.
    I use the "eat every other day" pattern and on no eat days i just drink high amounts of water and tea.
    So far it feels good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoen View Post
    New Years resolution was to go Vegetarian. Still am, and plan on continuing it throughout the year. I eat as a Pescetarian when I am out at restaurants, due to the difficulty of ordering a simple all vegetarian meal. I've lost somewhere around 15-20 lbs since becoming a vegetarian with very low physical activity, and since cutting red meat, and fried food out of my diet (I did that somewhere around halfway through last year) I've lost another 15-20 lbs. Overall, I'm bouncing between 182-185 lbs and I was originally 225 lbs.
    Just because you're losing weight doesn't mean it's a good thing. Being a vegetarian is extremely unhealthy in the long run because you're depriving your body of essential nutrients. Humans are omnivores, not herbivores, and trying to make it otherwise is unhealthy. Fats are good for your brain and contrary to popular belief, do not make you fat. Carbs/sugars make you fat (carbs turn into sugar when they're not burned and store it in your cells). Do your body a favor and don't listen to all of the vegetarian propoganda, it's not good for you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Just because you're losing weight doesn't mean it's a good thing. Being a vegetarian is extremely unhealthy in the long run because you're depriving your body of essential nutrients. Humans are omnivores, not herbivores, and trying to make it otherwise is unhealthy. Fats are good for your brain and contrary to popular belief, do not make you fat. Carbs/sugars make you fat (carbs turn into sugar when they're not burned and store it in your cells). Do your body a favor and don't listen to all of the vegetarian propoganda, it's not good for you at all.
    If you eat a balanced vegetarian diet and take suppliments, it does not have to be detrimental to your health. But then eating a balanced omniverous diet is just as good for you, so...

My usual meals go somewhat like this:

Breakfast: Whole grain cereal/oatmeal or fat free plain Greek yogurt with a touch of honey, fried egg (olive oil) on buttered rye bread toast with a slice of cheese and turkey. This usual meal is extremely filling and keeps me on my feet easily.

Snack: I'll usually snack on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich if still hungry.

Lunch: wrap consisting of lean turkey meat, kidney beans, kale, provolone cheese, tomatoes, and BBQ sauce.

Snack: Kale and Strawberry Salad with raspberry vinaigrette. Works as a dessert or as a side too.

Dinner: Cooked tilapia with a side of brown rice or quinoa. Sometimes I'll mix it up with some grilled chicken breast instead of tilapia.