Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Weapon Enchants: MoP?

I've been looking and haven't seen anything about it, as I haven't received my beta invite yet, I am dying to know: since ranged weapons are becoming normal "2H weapons" like axes and swords, are they valid targets for "normal" enchants now? Can I put something like Landslide on my weapons now? Or does it look like they're going to continue to segregate bows/crossbows/guns from the other weapons?

Also:
    I guess if anyone knows, the same question regarding wands now that they're supposed to be normal weapons now too, do they still "shoot"?

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember seeing several different ranged weapon enchants in the data released a couple days ago.

Professions are far from done atm (in the current build).

There is a couple scopes listed, but that is it. Seems Hunters will still be going to the Engineer, and not the Enchanter, for their weapon mod.

Deleted
    i hope we get enchants for range weapons that glow xD

A scope that adds an actual visual effect would be really awesome, considering everyone else gets glowy weapons, i don't see why we shouldn't/couldn't have our shots colors modified? If not the colors of auto shot then maybe just a glowy gun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, what we should get is glowing arrows, not the bow, its about time to implement some kind of enchants for ranged, heres a few examples that could work:

Frost Enchant
    Enchants your ranged weapon, to have a chance to slow the target movement speed by 10% for 6 secs, stacking up to 5 times.

Arcane Enchant
    Enchants your ranged weapon, to have a chance to duplicate one of your shots for 100% damage, the duplicated shot can not be a crit and can not trigger this effect.

Nature Enchant
    Enchant you ranged weapon, to have a chance of increasing your haste rating by X amount for X seconds.

Fire Enchants
    Enchants your ranged weapon to have a chance on a ranged attack of burning the target for 48% of the damage done

Deleted
    and coloured arrows with effect of that ench would be rly nice... like fire ones, frost etc

Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    I've been looking and haven't seen anything about it, as I haven't received my beta invite yet, I am dying to know: since ranged weapons are becoming normal "2H weapons" like axes and swords, are they valid targets for "normal" enchants now? Can I put something like Landslide on my weapons now? Or does it look like they're going to continue to segregate bows/crossbows/guns from the other weapons?

Also:
    I guess if anyone knows, the same question regarding wands now that they're supposed to be normal weapons now too, do they still "shoot"?
    You could probably put Landslide or another melee weapon enchant on a bow but it wouldnt work. All of those enchants say "chance on melee hit to increase x by x sec."

They will make scopes that are equivalent to weapon enchants that will be made by engineers.

I really hope they do colored arrow heads, like thoridal

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is, GC and Metzen forgot about bow enchants, and so it won't be implemented, and while everyone else gets BAD ASS enchants, our will be shit, just like hunter enchants have been for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by trotdawg2k View Post
    My guess is, GC and Metzen forgot about bow enchants, and so it won't be implemented, and while everyone else gets BAD ASS enchants, our will be shit, just like hunter enchants have been for years now.
    Right, because we didn't finally start seeing proc based scopes pretty much immediately after there was a big push for them at Blizzcon or anything.

There's obviously no way the entire development team forgot about weapon enchants, or don't at least have some sort of a plan for them. It just hasn't been implemented yet in beta. Wait until you at least know what the plan is, THEN you can start bashing it.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Hunter range weapons are getting a major overhaul. Enchants are just a small part of the changes. Weapon damage, stats, enchants, scopes are all things they will be considering during for these changes. However, I would not put it past GC to "forget" to do this prior to launch or even 1st content patch LOL

I read that Disarm won't work on ranged weapons but so far it doesn't say anything about Dismantle, so I'm curious about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    Right, because we didn't finally start seeing proc based scopes pretty much immediately after there was a big push for them at Blizzcon or anything.

There's obviously no way the entire development team forgot about weapon enchants, or don't at least have some sort of a plan for them. It just hasn't been implemented yet in beta. Wait until you at least know what the plan is, THEN you can start bashing it.
    You must be a brand new hunter then, and never seen the stupid ass things the ENTIRE DEVELOPMENT TEAM has "forgot" to do when it comes to dealing with hunters. Pets being summoned with 6k HP, lasted from Beta all the way to 4.3, Haste not increasing Focus Regen, Beta to 4.3, Wrath enchants still being the best enchants for lots of hunter gear.....need I go on?

Deleted
    the legendary bow fires also blue glowing arrows...so that wouldbe something that could work

Deleted
    Or you could be a useful beta tester and instead of wasting beta keys do the actual job you are supposed to do and REPORT the bugs.
    There's a reason it's called beta and not release.

Deleted
    What they should do is add new quivers, one per race. Those quivers would be visible while your bow is in your hand and invisible when your bow is sheathed in your back (for clipping issues I guess).

I don't really care about the enchant effects, it will something boring like "increase agility for X for Y seconds" I'd rather have a unique enchant which add some changes to my firing, like making shots look different. I would like it to be something like "empowers your weapon making it rage of anger, making it unstable and double the dmg of your 3 next shots" with like 30 sec Internal CD and it would look like the hunter would really struggle to hold the weapon still. Toò much?

There was one new scope that increased agility and one that increased crit or ap or something, though I'm sure the stats on them aren't final.. I'm perfectly just fine with a buffed up version of the critter scope we already have.