Poll: How long do you plan to subscribe to SWTOR?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    I think there should of been a distinction between "I already unsubscribed" and "I never subscribed." I'm hoping the intent was to mainly be the former, but I can tell by some of the posts a lot of people meant the latter.
    Well it appears that TOR had a few million in sales and each included a free thirty days as well as required setting up an account. If the "active" numbers are still under two million then a lot of people could have meant the former too. Of course you'll get at least a few that could have meant the later since its a public forum.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Well it appears that TOR had a few million in sales and each included a free thirty days as well as required setting up an account. If the "active" numbers are still under two million then a lot of people could have meant the former too. Of course you'll get at least a few that could have meant the later since its a public forum.
    I'm not saying all of them are like that, but the are certainly some who appear to be that way. Plus, how many from the majorly WoW side of this forums might of seen it on the front post, clicked thinking it was wow, saw it was swtor, then voted not subscribed?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying all of them are like that, but the are certainly some who appear to be that way. Plus, how many from the majorly WoW side of this forums might of seen it on the front post, clicked thinking it was wow, saw it was swtor, then voted not subscribed?
    True, and if this board has a "new posts" link it could have popped into that list too. Leading irregular visitors to find and vote. Of course one would wonder if there is any place where such a poll could be posted without bias in the results. Those without or inactive accounts cannot post on the official forum and those who can, I would suspect, tend to gravitate there.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was actually planning to play this game a lot. It's a great game, but after a few weeks I got tired of playing games in general. Never got around to start again..
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Started with Beta and EA and never stopped don't plan to either. Especially since GW2 is B2P I don't need to worry about two subs.

Every game has its good and bad but this one keeps getting better and reducing the bad.

I originally got a 6 month sub when it first came out. When that runs out, i'll be done.

Until they shut the servers down. I love swtor and can see its vast potential. Add open world space combat, pazaak, swoop and pod racing and it will easily be the best mmo available.

I'll resub pre GW2 only once I can server transfer.

Talked to my bro about this and he mentioned that he's going to give them a month or so after 1.2 to see what they do with the server transfers and if they're not in or on the horizon then he's leaving. I will likely leave with him which makes me sad, but also angry because of our dead Republic side. My hope is that 1.2 brings back enough people that fleet, during peak times, has more than 40 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    Talked to my bro about this and he mentioned that he's going to give them a month or so after 1.2 to see what they do with the server transfers and if they're not in or on the horizon then he's leaving. I will likely leave with him which makes me sad, but also angry because of our dead Republic side. My hope is that 1.2 brings back enough people that fleet, during peak times, has more than 40 people.
    They did say at one point the target for server xfers was end of april.

They did say at one point the target for server xfers was end of april.
    I know that the free Aussie transfers are late April because I get one. Hopefully they add generic one shortly after or around the same time.

Depends.. I will countinue playing it with GW2 if I still enjoy it, if not i'll just quit and play GW2 only.

I really like the game, and I'd love to subscribe for longer, but for now the last couple times I logged in it was impossible to get a group for anything, and since dungeon content is what I enjoy the most, there's just no reason for me to play the game atm.

Probably until GW2 is released, or depending on how 1.2 pans out, I might sub for a while or drop it

I'm on the fence. I've played WoW since release, and every other mmo that releases fails, in my eyes at least. I tried SWTOR, and for 3 months didnt log back into WoW. I far prefer SWTORs graphics and style, and its a more serious air... no gnomes with pink hair running around (I have a deep hatred for gnomes) The gameplay was good, but as others said it lacked endgame... I have a Guardian at valor 76 and some other alts, was just getting boring. 1.2 has nice ideas but just not enough.

A friend of mine wanted to try WoW, hes a very good player in games he picks up but by some twist of fate had never played WoW. I gave him an old 2nd account I had and scrolled up a char to 80 for him, and he commented after 2 days how much more polished WoW is then SWTOR... I have to agree. I'm playing it again and it really is so much more polished, but the same problems plague it. I'm a pvper, it still suffers from class imbalance and "why wont you die" 10-40 minute matches.... I really hope MoP works on making people easier to kill while at the same time toning down burst from some classes... hard to do I know.

But yeah.. long story short, WoW is just sooo polished, it has so many options, and so many players, I'm finding it hard to justify my SWTOR sub. I think it comes down to "what do my friends want to play?" Well, they all quit WoW so I quit, then after SWTOR they want to come back to WoW... I'm going to the Army in April in a tech field, after basic I will have AIT, I think it will come down to who I meet there and what they play, SWTOR or WoW. Games only as fun as the people you have to group with.

Deleted
    I'm not subscribed and I don't think I'll ever come back.
    But it's not really BW's fault.
    Story driven MMO looked good on paper but it didn't go so well in practice, IMO.
    (just as hard dungeons with lots of cc looked good on paper but didn't go so well with random LFG in WoW Cata )

I love all the people who are in swtor section of this forum that aren't subbed to the game posting and voting in swtor related threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would take all polls with a grain of salt. I'm sure many of the polls that pop in the WoW and other sub-forums areas get inaccurate votes one way or another as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    not currently subbed. i just got to the point where i didnt want to log on anymore. hit 50 and didnt feel like playing anymore. not that i disliked the game or anything, just didnt see a reason to keep playing.

Is anyone else bothered the nearly half the people who have taken the time to read this thread aren't even currently playing the game?

OT: I plan to stay subbed until I feel that it is no longer enjoyable enough to be deemed worth the investment. As it stands, I'm really enjoying the levelling experience, and my low pop server and guild don't really have the community presence in game to do much with PvE, though I have been personally avoiding it because of the convoluted gearing system. PvP is only truly enjoyable if you go in with a group of like minded individuals who are there to have fun and actually complete the objective, vs farming medals and kills while still losing the match. I'm looking forward to putting a guild team together for rated warzones in 1.2 though.