Poll: How long do you plan to subscribe to SWTOR?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

How long to you plan to subscribe?

I was wondering what your current plans are regarding your SWTOR subscription.

How long do you intend to keep your sub running?

Poll inc.

Edit: Yes, please refrain from venting about the game. We all now it's far from perfect. But if we all start spilling our frustrations this thread is going to get locked.

Mod Warning: Cut the game bashing and game vs. game comparison. Keep the thread on topic. If you don't anything constructive to post and are just here to bash the game, don't bother posting.
    Last edited by Dakia; 2012-03-28 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I was wondering what your current plans are regarding your SWTOR subscription.

How long do you intend to keep your sub running?

Poll inc.
    Nothing on the horizon appears to be better.

(Yes, I have seen gw2. It looks like diet wow.)(also secret world looks convoluted and tera looks like more perfect world crap.)

So at least 2 years I guess.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Until I'm not entertained by it any more, not something I foresee happening in the immediate future.

Edit: Posters like the one above that feels the need to vomit their displeasure with the game is why this thread most likely will go down the same path as so many before it.

Edit 2: Post in question was removed.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-03-28 at 06:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Until I'm not entertained by it any more, not something I foresee happening in the immediate future.

Edit: Posters like the one above that feels the need to vomit their displeasure with the game is why this thread most likely will go down the same path as so many before it.

Yes, please refrain from venting about the game. We all now it's far from perfect. But if we all start spilling our frustrations this thread is going to get locked.

i bought 3 months on release, the game is entertaining at first, but def not worth my sub money. i was planning to play both WoW and SWTOR, but SWTOR is just way behind, even games like GW are looking better. Def not subing again. RIP SWTOR

Don't have a sub right now, didn't have a problem with the game, just wasn't feeling into playing. Planning on resubing one day.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Indefinitely. For me, TOR has done a really good job of replacing WoW in terms of entertainment value. The raid content was a little simplistic in nature to start out, but with the updates coming in 1.2, I think it will replace what I have wanted in terms of raid content.

I was really skeptical at first, but they've got me now.

Indefinitely. I kinda feel how Dakia does. Aside from the more intense graphics, which are being worked on to run better on more rigs, I have had very few problems with the game, and I feel the graphics are encouraging me to upgrade my comp. Glad I'm doing it cause I'm getting results.

I was planning on playing both WoW and TOR, but I just found myself logging on less and less, til I just stopped. I started earlier this week cause a friend with a MAC that still plays got me to come back for some GDKP, but that's about it. Looking at the two games, TOR offers most if not all of the things I liked about WoW, but with a space theme, which I prefer, and without many of the things I didn't like about WoW.

So until I find something better, I'm sticking with TOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Yes, please refrain from venting about the game. We all now it's far from perfect. But if we all start spilling our frustrations this thread is going to get locked.
    As it should and most likely as it will. Do you really think theirs a constructive discussion behind this? I'm on a 3 month sub will be subbing for another 3 months after its done. What did we learn from that and what constructive benefit was presented? Not a single thing. All that will happen is what has already happened:

RIP SWTOR
    The mods have decided to humour you. Maybe one will disagree.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-03-27 at 11:43 PM.

The leveling was awesome, but the end game lacked features I wanted so I didn't stay subed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed leveling, so much that by the time I quit I had 4 toons (of the different basic classes) above level 30. Didn't to much enjoy the endgame though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pre-ordered on the first day it was available, started on the first day of early-access, and finally canceled my subscription in early March. Nothing in 1.2 interests me enough to bring me back but I might resub someday.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started playing Day 1 of the early access (even played in beta). Got my BH to 50. Unsubbed a week later. Am playing on the 1.2 PTS atm to see whats going on with the game and at this moment I am not planning on resubbing.

I actually unsubscribed today just so I could tell them I'm waiting for a dungeon finder. But I'll probably resub when my 30 days runs out.

I think my best answer is "completely unknown". I'm still leveling, still figuring out what class/spec suits me best. I preordered the game, but got so busy with IRL stuff I didn't actually get to play till a few weeks ago....so yea, I wasted the free 30 days I guess.

I was really excited for GW2 when I first started seeing footage of it (I liked GW1) and was over the moon about getting to play a Mesmer, but after seeing the gameplay I'm more than a little skeptical and probably wont be playing it (so ye, my name isn't too fitting any more).

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment I'm kind of shifting between WoW:MoP and SWTOR...I like both for entirely different reasons. SWTOR has absolutely captured my story-loving heart in regards to it's story, but I find it a bit dull to play constantly, the PvP excites me but the PvE sadly feels lacking. (I'm hoping this will change with 1.2)

WoW:MoP on the other hand looks to have a nice variety of PvE elements being added into the game that I could enjoy, but I find their PvP dull and the storyline a tad cliche at times. The thing that REALLY captures me on this end though is the Asian flavor of the xpansion, I love me some Asian architecture/art.

So...at the moment it's a toss-up.

That said I might just stick with both XD
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

I purchased a 6 months subscription after playing in early access... I got to level cap and couldn't stand the PvP. That money's gone...

10+ Year Old Account
    For as long as I can, I'm enjoying the game immensely and from the looks of 1.2 I'm going to enjoy it a lot more.

I'm only new to the game (Australian who waited til Australian release) but I'm loving it. I understand many people find endgame unsatisfactory, but there is enough meat in the storytelling to make levelling a few alts appealing to me and I'm never one for hardcore endgame anyway.

Also I bought a whole new PC just before buying the game. I can play the game on its highest settings flawlessly. I'm sure if I'd tried it on my old computer I'd have given up before the end of the 7 day trial.

Deleted
    My plan from the beginning was to just play every class to 50 for the stories but I have unsubed before even achieving that because the game is so disappointing. I am giving rift another try in the hope that its been improved and I can play that until GW2 and Pandaria come out, and maybe the Secret world.