Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It wouldn't surprise me if Terrace of the Endless Spring was the VoA/BH raid of this expansion, given how small and straightforward it is. I can imagine seeing others like:

-Vale of the Eternal Summer
    -Meadow of the Eternal Autumn
    -Wastes of the Eternal Winter

For example, as the expansion goes on, each awarding gear from their respective tiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Seems slightly biased, because of the 5 raids only Firelands had lava. The only dark rooms I know of are two bosses of eight in Dragon Soul.
    psst psst..BWD, BoT Halfus room, Sinestra area, and of course Firelands wanna talk to you. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if Terrace of the Endless Spring was the VoA/BH raid of this expansion, given how small and straightforward it is. I can imagine seeing others like:

-Vale of the Eternal Summer
    -Meadow of the Eternal Autumn
    -Wastes of the Eternal Winter

For example, as the expansion goes on, each awarding gear from their respective tiers.
    It will be a Tot4W type. VoA and BH where one boss per season PVP oriented, capture style, easily puggable and downable raids. I expect this one to be as hard if not harder then Tot4W, and it will have 2-3 bosses.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 03:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    psst psst..BWD, BoT Halfus room, Sinestra area, and of course Firelands wanna talk to you. :P
    Beh, just a bit of lava in all but Firelands.

Deleted
    Seems slightly biased, because of the 5 raids only Firelands had lava. The only dark rooms I know of are two bosses of eight in Dragon Soul.
    Firelands hat lots of lava. BoT had Lava everywhere around the bosses ( Halfus , Valiona + Theralion , Sinestra ). BD: There was also Lava behind Magmaw , Omnotron , Atramedes and sure Nef had some nice lava. Well I kinda felt like the DW-Fight had a lot of lava/molten stuff. So theres been a lot of hot stuff around in Cataclysm. But I think it fits.

BTT: The raids look awesome this far , hungry for more

Well these are pleasant. I hope the actual fights are fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of looks like an Asian Ulduar. Looks nice
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

They are big, I hope that the rooms won't be filled only with annoying trash mobs...Everything looks good but honestly, I really hate this system with 3 or 4 bosses a raid >< And I must say, this may be really good, but one thing has ruined this ultimate epic experience in WoW...Raid Finder...

The MoguShan Vualts is amazing looking. If every encounter in there is a bugged tank-and-spank encounter, I will still like it better than DS. The level of details and coloring used in there is just awesome, and it's not even done yet. Other two look nice as well, but the Vaults really take the cake here...here is to hoping for some great encounters to put inside them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was referring to Cata's overall theme; look at zones like Barrens, Loch Modan, Ashenvale, etc. Drenched in lava and Twilight's Hammer stuff.

-Though of the raids, Blackwing Descent was built into Blackrock Mountain, so it was filled with lava. Magmaw lived in lava and spit it, Onyxia was taking a lava bath before the pull, etc. Firelands was...again, all lava.

-Bastion of Twilight was nothing but dark rooms. Got kind of depressing going in there every week. Zon'ozz and Yor'sahj could also be "dark rooms".

Of all of Cata's raids, Throne of the Four Winds was by far the most visually impressive. Shame it was such a quick, forgettable raid.

Bring on the bright colors, Pandaria!

mmo-c plz give us the sandbox ;(

Deleted
    I love the feel of Mogu'shan Vaults.. kind of Kara/Ulduar-esque.

10+ Year Old Account
    Y U NO PUT MOP MUSIC?! :PThis looks truly amazing. Exactly the type of artwork and immersion I was hoping for. Let's hope the 3 difficulties do not spoil these amazing places.

These raids definitely have a Legend of Zelda temple feel. I am liking Mists of Pandddiaraaadaa even more now.

If only they would make some 1-5 man raids that would be a giant puzzle just like in Zelda...
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

back to the style and size of ulduar and kara. Cant even wait.

Of course it looks like Ulduar ...

I assume when they realised they didn't have Raids or already Pre-Determined Lore (The Pandas have no "Set Path" in the way their LORE works unlike Illidan, Arthas, And Sorta Deathwing - He was a touch more flexible in Story) they thought to themselves, "Lets make sure our Raids in MOP are similar to what players love the most" ...So they obviously have no doubt read extensively how Basically 90% (Made up Number for Exaggeration, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the truth) of the WoWbase, regardless of whether you raided it at the time or not, consider Ulduar and Karazhan as the top 2 Raids of all Time, Aesthetically and Mechanically.

They're not going to go backwards and use the Mechanics from those raids, and nor should they, but it's good to see that they've obviously put some thought into where to go with these raids and are bringing back that Karazhan/Ulduar feel in the aesthetics of the Raids and they Look AMAZING. Now lets just hope the Boss Fights give us something to remember these by and they could damn well be some of the best raids ever (Perhaps even Top Ulduar? Who knows, Nothing can top Karazhan for me but Ulduar, these look like they stand a chance to topple it).

These 3 raids with 14 bosses and then we will have a VoA/BH kinda raid as well? So 15 bosses in total? Blizzard out of there minds? lol!!

Not to mention the 2 World raid bosses, so thats 16-17 bosses total when MoP launches.

I'm really enjoying all of the artwork that seems to be going into this new expansion. It'll be nice to have something new to see with a fresh new look to it.

Deleted
    The new raid looks AMAZING! Just take my money!!!

I don't know if anyone remembers, or how many ever watched it, but...The Mantid raid, and what little part of the story blizzard has released about them gives a massive Wraith vibe from Stargate: Atlantis. From the architecture in this preview to the fact that their "thousand year aggression (feeding) cycle" was interrupted What caused them to over flow the wall? Shepard obviously shot at their queen I hope they have one of the mantid not going nuts be called Michael