Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostress View Post
    I do not understand ppl who say self healing should be like this or that. What do you want? Melee class should outheal what? Remove it from the game. Stupid arenas messed the game. Ye i pvped with pro team in vanilla and got 2nd server HW, i know, i got zerked(my warrior) and raped many times, but that is the privilege, the class you play.
    See the problem is the balancing and class ability spectrum simply has shifted to promote an overall more pseudo balanced state in every category. Like it or not self heals are necessary since everyone got them. I don't think either that it is an absolute necessity to remove the shield requirement of shieldwall but since now everyone has an easy to access to a damage reducing ability without any drawbacks it doesn't make sense to leave shieldwall with its penalties just for instance. You can't just stop the homogenization unless you are willing to revert a lot of changes.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Rogues are an interesting case. I think, like hunters, they've been able to roll out a party line every time they're faced with actually being looked at hard and possibly retuned (not necessarily nerfed, just retuned.) In the case of hunters, it's always something about having a deadzone. With rogues, it's usually either something about being reliant on cooldowns, or reliant on stealth.

In any case, both classes have been handed many, many buffs with very few nerfs. It results in them both being pretty ridiculous compared to others, though Hunters at least can be LOS'd and really do require some pretty solid knowledge of the class at 85 (up to 85 they're utterly faceroll though, lul.)

I do think that healing, in general, needs to be dialed back. I'm fine with classes having heals that cost them a lot, or are on lengthy cooldowns. I'm not a fan of heals that are cheap or free, and have little or no cooldown (Recuperate, etc.) The only people with consistent, effective heals should be the damn healers, and fights with healers involved should largely be you fighting the enemy healer's mana reserve - no mana, no heals, and people start dying. But this is off-topic.

L Kebess: Yes, I was referring to Frost and Unholy. Keep in mind that proposing more self-healing or defensive cooldowns for Warriors could also affect PvP if they aren't Protection-specific.
    I agree completely what you said. The problem comes up when you see the direction Blizzard has moved this game. In that direction, warriors seem to be becoming weaker and weaker because Blizzard continues to not provide us the tools to be competitive with other classes who get ALL of our tricks and more.

Can't slow? Oh well you can heal for ridiculous amounts and have the highest burst in the game. Don't have very powerful defensive cds? Oh here's burst that competes with rets with utility that competes with rogues.

And then of course there's rogues, mages, ferals. So many points can be brought up. Mages are balanced defensively around not having a heal. But its ridiculously overdone just because of a broken dispel system. Ferals sure as fuck never needed a slow. Rogues never needed any heals but I fear that they'd be in the same boat as mages if they never got one...OH WAIT! They already have frost mage level defenses AND heals. These three classes need to have their burst gutted.

It made sense in Wrath because specific classes brought certain things and other classes could be brought in to make up for each other's weaknesses. Now, a single class brings EVERYTHING, you put that class with another class that also brings everything and then put them with a healer that brings everything and you have an OP comp (PMR is literally undefeatable if played right. There's nothing that comp is missing and it should easily shit on RLS at equal skill levels).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that warriors should get some baseline form of healing, even on a long cd, without the need to talent. I think all other tanks will get some type of self heals, stuff like death strike, word of glory, some type of passive that heals you for a %, actual healing spells you can cast, or a long cd. Warrs should get something just to make us well rounded.