Thread: AD Janna

AD Janna

Has anyone tried this? My friend said that I was gay because I always picked OP champs and got a lot of kills(we were screwing around in bot games and i was going like 25/2 or whatever(we were playing bot games because two of my real life friends just got the game and they were getting familiar with the game)) and I said dude whatever ill play something that sucks and still beat you in kills (he was playing nocturne) So I picked one of my support classes and was like what the hell I be a support and go ad! Well I come to find out.. AD Janna is a beast, ended up going 34/0 or something like that that game, so my question is has anyone else tried this? I just played a 3v3 normal game with her for shits and gigs and ended up going 19/2/12, so if you haven't thought of trying it I would really recommend it to anyone. I'm not even playing with runes just your standard AD mastery tree.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    In bot games AD anything is a beast.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Deleted
    Wauw, you got a good score in a mindless bot game. Gz. Real question, why fuck up one of the best supports by going AD?

10+ Year Old Account
    try playing a support in the sense that it should be played.. meaning trying to feed your teammates the kills and racking up your assists, rather then taking all the kills yourself?

To the person above me, who says janna needs to be a support>?

Deleted
    I've played ad Janna and it's quite fun :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Who says Annie shouldn't go Attack speed?

It's quite simple, the game doesn't tell you what you HAVE to do, but it's quite simple with most champs to know what they're BEST for. In Janna's case that's support, by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    the word "needs" is relevant.. Riot classifies Janna as support. when playing a bot game especially on easy.. its such a cake walk for a seasoned player. if you are just in there "screwing around" make it a challenge by playing a champ as intended.. supports typically dont get many kills,, but rack up the assists. im simply suggesting the op show his/her skills by trying to ASSIST others to get the kills.. rather then "OMG I R TEH BEST 30 KILLZ WIT JANNA!"

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Q.Q I miss the time where nobody cared who went were. That time was before Malady got changed =(
    Gief Lifesteal Malady Ad Janna

Janna's my favourite champion and I consider her versatile... but in short... ... I don't know anymore. I had written that I'd probably never try true AD Janna, but now I'm kinda thinking about it... =p

Her Eye of the Storm is a huge Attack Damage boost, which can be a great steroid.. but it's not self-only, so in most cases, it's better to toss it onto a dedicated AD Carry. Assuming they're at least as fed as you are, which they should be, they should have faster attack speed, more range, and more abilities that scale with AD than you do (zero).

If you're filling the role of AD carry, and want a different support to support you... well, your base DPS stats (damage, attack speed, range) are bad, and you don't have any moves that scale off AD. But on the other hand, you have a steroid (though it's not so reliable as of the most recent patch), a lot of movement speed, and some nice CC.

I guess it miight be worth considering if your team is low on CC... but in most cases, CC usually shouldn't be the AD carry's job...

But well, for DPS, I have sometimes picked up some hybrid items like Nashor's Tooth or Guinsoo's Rageblade, once or twice in 3v3 games that we were already winning... Those would add a good amount of auto-attack DPS if I shielded myself for whatever reason, and still have a good amount of AP and/or other useful stats in the case of Nashor's.

i personally haven't seen it done well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post

It's quite simple, the game doesn't tell you what you HAVE to do, but it's quite simple with most champs to know what they're BEST for. In Janna's case that's support, by far.
    Yep. You guys know what makes characters a SUPPORT`? They have skills that are strong even without any items, the ability to buff your teammates and CC.

Janna has zero AD scaling skills. Her shield will quickly dissipate and your bonus AD will fall off. You can't attack while you ult. Using abilities resets your attack.

AP Janna can work, sure, Ad is a waste...

When you have a meta where one of your teammates are bound to be "underfarmed and underfed" you need the ones that optimal for that.

I played it last night in a 5v5 premade troll team
    Went 14-1-26
    It is NOT a viable ranked strategy, but if you want to do it for the lulz it does work against rather noob players

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post

Ever seen an AP janna mid? It can be pretty beast, and its not as much as a messing around thing like an AD janna

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Ever seen an AP janna mid? It can be pretty beast, and its not as much as a messing around thing like an AD janna
    I've seen AP Janna's yeah, personally I still think she's nowhere near as good as an actual AP carry like Cass or Brand or whatever. While Cass and Brand for example are nowhere near the support Janna has.

That's because Janna is a support class? Like I said it was for shits and giggles, not ment to be serious at all, it was the fact that I didnt do bad that supprised me.