Deleted

Any release date for 1.2? and potential trial ?

Ok here's my problem. I bought at release got the free month and then payed for a 3 month sub. A few weeks later i got bored / fed up with the various issues with the game and pretty much haven't played since. I have, however, been keeping an eye on the development with the idea of returning should i feel things look to have improved. I like some of the things in 1.2 but am not sure this going to be the complete fix i want. The current suggested possible release date is just 'April' and my current sub will run out in 19 days and atm i really dont want to pay for another month. Has there been any word of offering players a free look at 1.2 to entice them back ?

Deleted
    First of all. No one (most likely not even Bioware) knows when 1.2 will go live. April is the only official been said, even if has been whispering "early april" unofficially.

My best guess is that you will get to test it, but I wouldnt have my hopes up to much.

.. and there is always the Public Test Server (PTS).

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Since you have an active sub, download the PTS. You have to start from scratch on the PTS server though.

1. Click the cogwheel at the bottom left of the launcher.
    2. Set "Enable Public Test Server Access" to Yes.
    3. Log in
    4. Click the weird icon at the bottom left next to the cogwheel.
    5. Select Public Test and hit Next

You will now start downloading the PTS client. I think it is around 11 GB so it could take a bit.

Deleted
    I'd forgotten about the PTS tbh, downloading it now, still without the ability to copy over my character or at least make a random 50 I am not going to be able to test out much of the stuff

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannaya View Post
    I'd forgotten about the PTS tbh, downloading it now, still without the ability to copy over my character or at least make a random 50 I am not going to be able to test out much of the stuff
    True, but you can at least see the improvements and optimization done to the engine. You will also get a chance to test out the UI customization. If you do decide to stay, you will get a title on your main characters on your regular server. One title for reaching level 10 on the PTS and another for finishing the first chapter (around level 30).

Out of curiosity, what were the specific issues that caused you to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Since you have an active sub, download the PTS. You have to start from scratch on the PTS server though.

1. Click the cogwheel at the bottom left of the launcher.
    2. Set "Enable Public Test Server Access" to Yes.
    3. Log in
    4. Click the weird icon at the bottom left next to the cogwheel.
    5. Select Public Test and hit Next

You will now start downloading the PTS client. I think it is around 11 GB so it could take a bit.
    sorry,but i have 2 questions about this.... does the PTS go to the same SW folder on disk or it creates a new one?
    and if after 1.2 hits live servers, i will be able to uninstall only the pts?
    ty and sorry for spelling :P

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    sorry,but i have 2 questions about this.... does the PTS go to the same SW folder on disk or it creates a new one?
    and if after 1.2 hits live servers, i will be able to uninstall only the pts?
    ty and sorry for spelling :P
    I have not dealt with it directly, but here is a thread on it. http://www.swtor.com/de/community/sh...d.php?t=367977

I have not dealt with it directly, but here is a thread on it. http://www.swtor.com/de/community/sh...d.php?t=367977
    ty Dakia, downloading the pts now

Deleted
    True, but you can at least see the improvements and optimization done to the engine. You will also get a chance to test out the UI customization. If you do decide to stay, you will get a title on your main characters on your regular server. One title for reaching level 10 on the PTS and another for finishing the first chapter (around level 30).

Out of curiosity, what were the specific issues that caused you to leave?
    I never had any performance problems tbh so that was never really an issue for me, it was more a general unhappiness with the end-game and some quality-of-life issues. Thats why I am not to sure about returning after 1.2. Lots of 1.2 seem to be fluff features which while nice, might not change things enough for me.