Poll: Spec

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure yet, haven't tested my lock yet. Waiting for it to copy over.
    But to me, destruction looks the most interesting. And demo seems weird right now, but I will test all specs to see which will suit me the best anyway.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No clue until I play them. I was never as good at Aff as demo or destro, but with my two preferred specs drastically changing, I have no clue what I will be good at. I'll try out both, destro and demo. If destro is decent I might go with that as a break from demo. I've played demo too much this expac
    If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti

Until you stalk and overrun, you can't devour anyone. - Hobbes

What? Quit isn't an option?

The best spec for the encounter

Deleted
    Personally I detest demonology as it is now, I reckon it'll take a while to get the spec into balance and ultimately it's still going to have these awkward demon mechanics which aren't my cup of tea. Destruction's looking okay but I'm more of a DoT guy and affliction was my first love so ideally that'll be my mainspec. Ultimately as many have said though, whichever spec proves superior.
    Last edited by mmoc0c41371eca; 2012-03-30 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    Really want to play Destro with Demo offspec. But really annoyed that they are trying to force Destro warlocks to equip wands. I really hope they dont end up doing this give me a sword, staff, dagger anything but a wand please. I can live with using it for stats if its required temporarily but not force me to use it as a built-in mechanic of the spec.

Deleted
    Well, for me it's Destro for sure and as OS Demo. But I still think destro should go back to be shadow and leave the fire to mages. Even the "cath on fire" would look alot more badass if u were engulfed in black/purple flames.

too early to tell, but i am an affliction fan boy
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Nfariessence View Post
    What? Quit isn't an option?
    Didn't you say that you already quit/rarely log in another thread? Why can't you quit WoW and warlock related forums as well if you dislike them to that degree?

Deleted
    Personally, I think I'll go Demo main spec and Destro offspec, flirting between amateur PvP and Heroic 5man PvE, as I always do.

My warlock has been Demonology since TBC, though I only really leveled her during Wrath (remember I got to level 15 or whatever was needed for Demonic Sacrifice just after they removed DS). In MoP, even removing the whole tanking kerfuffle, demo is still one of the most interesting specs in the game.

Destro seems to have been improved. They finally allowed us to get both the core damage former "talents" and PvP-essential former "talents", along with the new class talents improving our vulnerability.....

Gentlemen. MoP shall be the day of reckoning orchestrated by the warlocks on their lesser brethren.

Quote Originally Posted by kharyll View Post
    Didn't you say that you already quit/rarely log in another thread? Why can't you quit WoW and warlock related forums as well if you dislike them to that degree?
    Yes, I have quit. My playtime ends on 5/23 and I've already made arrangements to give my release day guild to another player (Mage, natch). Which obviously explains why I'd look for a "I quit" option for a poll about what spec we'll play in MoP. Wouldn't you agree?

I don't understand people's interest in Destro. I've been a pretty big fan of Destro since Wrath, heck I even like the current implementation of Improved Soul Fire. For me I liked the spec because it was challenging to master, but when you do it really showed. Being a pyro Destro also had a pretty good vibe for me, buthonestly the new rotations seems really simple and boring to me. The idea the Blizz is trying to make a reality seems to have fallen short in implementation.

Now I'm most certainly going to reserve judgement until I get access to a lvl 90 lock on Beta realms, but I'm pretty dure I won't like it. I would however like to clarify that I do think the new resource idea is pretty cool, my big thing is that I want my lock to have the more challenging rotation that I'm sure not only myself but also many other fellow locks have come to enjoy about our class.
    In promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous panderosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfariessence View Post
    Yes, I have quit. My playtime ends on 5/23 and I've already made arrangements to give my release day guild to another player (Mage, natch). Which obviously explains why I'd look for a "I quit" option for a poll about what spec we'll play in MoP. Wouldn't you agree?
    Just don't post anything, since you have quit.

As it looks like atm I will take Demo, Destro if they fix the mana thing.

if they fix destros mana problems, definitely destro.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'd like to play is Affli main spec with Demo off spec. Affli is what got me playing a warlock and is still the spec I love best, and Demo with the glyph means I can tank low level/old content and solo stuff more easily. What I will actually play once Mists is here depends solely on what spec does best DPS, if there is a large gap, or what spec best fits the encounters we will be facing.

I for one hope that they manage to balance things like they did for 4.3 so everybody can play the spec they love and noone is forced into anything. (apart from the really bleeding edge hardcore min/max raiders, but they will always force themselves in to certain things)

10+ Year Old Account
    If all three specs are equally viable for every single fight, I would choose Destruction, simply because I love the play style. Realistically though I will be playing the spec that benefits the raid and myself the most for progression. I am however IN LOVE with the change to Dark Intent. Having us rely on DoT classes for competitive DPS simply limited our burst and made us sub optimal in the wrong comps. For PvP especially, Affliction was far more effective running with DoT/HoT classes. I also love that we don't have to go Demo anymore for the SP. Finally I can play the specs I want to play.

Most likely it would be the same as current:

Demonology (main) and Affliction (off and PvP). But this really depends on later phases of beta so I will probably be keeping quiet for now.