Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well i played ret and prot and the thing I like is the reduction of skills for all classes. No more consecration and holy wrath for rets rotation. For me the new rotation is quite nice and handy, since we have a better HoPo - generation

---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 10:17 AM ----------

Here's a quick combatlog i did yesterday in the MoP Dungeon.

After the first add the tank left, i went to get my tank gear and tanked the first boss. Then the Panda tank took over and i went on as ret.

After the Upload of the first log i got a servererror on Worldoflogs, stating that spelltype MISSFIRE wasn't supported. so i deleted kinda 30 lines from the log.

Here we go

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...um/damageDone/
    Last edited by Funky303; 2012-04-03 at 10:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know im still worried that we will be missing haste and crit on our 2 main abilities CS and TV. Also going through the glyphs, i really didnt see interesting ones for RET. The only one that really has to do with RET is the lower mana on CS... The rest is really nothing interesting. Well maybe the glyph of Inquisition... which you loose 10% damage, but i dont think any self respecting RET will take this, if the lost was maybe 5%, yes, but 10% is too much to give up.
    On the bright side i like how the new Exorcism works, with it being on CD and refreshed by a proc, not to mention that i gives a point of HP. This actually means we may have a somewhat normal rotation.
    Though i do not like Inquisition at all. Let me explain my reasoning. Inquisition basically gives you something like DK's diseases. You have to apply it in order to do max damage wiht your other abilities. I like this and its a reasonable thing to have. The problem is that we already have a slow ramp up skill, called seal of truth! We need to ramp up to 5 charges to do good damage. Why would we need yet another spell that we have to always keep on in order to be as good as the said DK. I understand if inquisition was a damage boost over our max damage but its not, its something that you need to keep up in order to be at the same level as classes that do not need such spells to keep their damage up. On my Dk, i apply both deseases in 1 or 2 GCDs and then i have the possibility to do max damage. On the Pala, i need to ramp up my seal of truth which is like 5 GCDs for 5 CS's, then after 3 of the GCDs use my HP not for damage, mind you but to turn on my other spell without which my DPS is funny. So in 5 GCDs i can finally start doing max damage! Of course there may be procs that will shorten this time, but on the other hand each miniute my Dk can apply both diseses in 1 GCD also...

Its just sad how they are not fixing such elementary issues. People were complaining that pala is too easy to play so they added another thing you have to keep each 30 seconds, quite smart.

I loved the way RET played in Wrath, it may have been to chaotic for some people but it was fun. I was pulling crazy dps and laughing at people who need a set rotation to do the same. Having no rotation is what made paladin different from every other class, and people rebelled against it. It was the time when you can use your Divine Storm whenever you want and even include it in your normal "rotation". Now its a AOE finisher!? Gives no health unless you glyph in it and its miserable 1%. All the fun of playing a pala is sucked out almost.

Not to mention the haste we get for the next 3 hits. does that mean we get a 25% melee haste until we execute 3 hits or does it mean that just our next 3 auto attacks are executes as if they have 25% more haste, but otherwise nothing else is impacted (like lowering our CS cool down).
    Hope there are more changes to the RET and also the protection paladin as they feel boring to play, and that is not because they have too little buttons to press, its because everything is tied on the GCD so everything feels slow. If blizzard listens to people complaining that prot feels slow and want more things to be added, they will just add another spell which again wil lbe on the GCD, and will feel slow again, just one more button on your screen.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Rets going to be amazing for panda patch

Until I can test it all for myself, I'll call it interest instead of excitement.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    On my Dk, i apply both deseases in 1 or 2 GCDs and then i have the possibility to do max damage. On the Pala, i need to ramp up my seal of truth which is like 5 GCDs for 5 CS's, then after 3 of the GCDs use my HP not for damage, mind you but to turn on my other spell without which my DPS is funny. So in 5 GCDs i can finally start doing max damage! Of course there may be procs that will shorten this time, but on the other hand each miniute my Dk can apply both diseses in 1 GCD also...
    Uhm, you realize auto-attacks apply the seal right? It doesn't take 5 GCD's to put up seal of truth, it takes maybe 2-3 so it is stacked at 5 ~same time a full 3 HP Inq would be, with T13 2pc. Also, in MoP, every ability gives HP so Inquisition won't be hard to keep up at all.
    That being said, I have never been too keen on Inquisition anyway, but I can think of a better idea to make the rotation more interesting, other than a HP finishing DoT like a Paladin rupture, but that would solve the same purpose... a required holy power finisher that isn't TV to make the rotation more "difficult."

I'm thrilled as a protection paladin to be getting back a lot of the fantastic utility and real "hybrid" feeling we had at the start of Cataclysm. The talent trees in particular look like they'll add a fantastic amount of diversity to the spec, and the ability to heal, shield, and have a more active blocking mechanic combines everything I've loved about paladin tanking from TBC through to Cataclysm.

Holy, as my second most played spec, looks like it'll be getting a couple of neat changes. I like the glyph that buffs holy shock as a DPS spell, and again some of the talents look like they'll add some really neat flavour to the spec. I'm not as over the moon about it as I am with protection, but it looks like the solid and fun healing mechanics of Cataclysm will remain in place, while adding enough neat shiny new changes to keep the spec as fun as it's always been going from one expansion to the next.

I've never really cared much for retribution, and MoP doesn't really look like it's bringing significant enough modifications to change that for me, but who knows down the line.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoator View Post
    Thi is like every expansion patch, shinies for paladins, then the cryrage from other classes comes and... "TO THE GROUND!!" again Uu I really hope this time we get what we need to be equal to other classes, i really hope it
    But thats because every new patch we would be OP, and then we would be nerfed into the ground. But this time, from my perspective so far in the Beta, it doesn't seem as rediculous as previous patches

10+ Year Old Account
    WoG and our new animations make me squeal. It's early to say where we will be at 90 but I am enjoying.

Ugh I could spam TV all day and not be tired of that animation.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    WoG and our new animations make me squeal. It's early to say where we will be at 90 but I am enjoying.

Ugh I could spam TV all day and not be tired of that animation.
    Ret hits like a wet noodle and can heal for days I'm not sure what you guys are excited about maybe holy and prot look good but ret looks like it did in cata beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Ret hits like a wet noodle and can heal for days I'm not sure what you guys are excited about maybe holy and prot look good but ret looks like it did in cata beta.
    This guy been spamming that shit in multiple threads now. Its actually not true, we are one of the harder hitting class currently on beta. TV, HoW, Exo all hit (not crit) from betwen 30-35k depending on gear. Crusader strike hits for nearly twice the damage of live servers. In short rets doing just fine, this guy is a troll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes I'm a troll, You must be new here. Ret is not one of the hardest hitting classes I Can't think of a melee class that is as weak as Ret for damage right now. Warrior and DK's both are by far harder hitting but Ret healing is too strong. It's very true and you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    This guy been spamming that shit in multiple threads now. Its actually not true, we are one of the harder hitting class currently on beta. TV, HoW, Exo all hit (not crit) from betwen 30-35k depending on gear. Crusader strike hits for nearly twice the damage of live servers. In short rets doing just fine, this guy is a troll.
    Yeah, I keep hearing that, but honestly a lot of our skills hit like full on trucks, and I'm not even NEAR BiS gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Yeah, I keep hearing that, but honestly a lot of our skills hit like full on trucks, and I'm not even NEAR BiS gear.
    You are comparing it against live not comparing it against other classes that is your mistake.

15+ Year Old Account
    yeh,excited,right

just had this happen to my pally, guess it's alt-time on the beta-server till the next patchday hits

protip: check the judgement-tooltip

edit: seems to be connected to the S11-Ret-4piece-bonus, be careful, pvp-rets

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya those bugs really do suck, Hopefully it's been reported properly as to what causes it I haven't seen it do you have any other items that it might be connected to? Are you using full 403 pvp gear or something else?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashydan View Post
    snip
    Yeah that was found like day 1 of the beta, just taking off the set bonus should fix it I believe.

And what are other classes hitting for, then?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Yeah that was found like day 1 of the beta, just taking off the set bonus should fix it I believe.

And what are other classes hitting for, then?
    Not anything harder, hes just a whine bag. My damage is comparable on frost dk and ret.

Deleted
    If things stay as is, then yes! Ret will actually be able to do stuff in pvp, like people will actually notice when you are attacking them, stuff will actually happen to their character.

Totes amazed. I may actually try a holy build too, it looks like holy will be outstanding as a healer in pvp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Not anything harder, hes just a whine bag. My damage is comparable on frost dk and ret.
    If all you're going to do is insult people without any proof just do us all a favor and don't post.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    If all you're going to do is insult people without any proof just do us all a favor and don't post.
    Im not the one whining about hitting like a wet noodle across 3 threads when ever someone type something positive about ret, am i? How about your proof? Oh wait not in beta club i bet.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2012-04-05 at 03:04 AM.