Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    If a person dcs for more than 5(?) minutes during the first 15(?) minutes of the game, the rest of the players can leave without losing anything, while the person who left will have it counting as a loss..
    *First blood!*

GG please disconnect you RPOS!!1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    *First blood!*

*mute*Magic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    *mute*
    Aaaaand report after the game for Negative Attitude.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    In my 4v5 game, our Ryze DCed at about 10 minutes in, and then rejoined at 30 minutes in. Realising he was massively underlevelled, he instantly quit again.

Just saying that it does happen. I even had a BSOD and DCed from a game, but still managed to make it back way after 5 minutes had passed, farm some jungle, and get back on par with our team.
    Yup, can happen. But I feel like it's rarer than the actual issue of people dcing forever and not coming back. The upsides are much better than the downsides.

*First blood!*

As I said, people will be dicks regardless.

Deleted
    Honestly, I could handle the DCs etc with elo system as over the span of many games it would even out with DCs on enemy teams, effectively not affecting my rating. However, with the leagues... It HURTS, hurts TERRIBLY to get a dc in your Bo3/5. You can legitimately fail to go up, wasting the effort of many games, because of bad luck and it's a badly designed system.

Deleted
    So Riot makes an example out of the first ones caught leaving the game to avoid losing LP or something,, showing they've got absolutely 0 tolerance for it.

I actually like it, and the ones DCing will have it as a loss/leave anyway. The rest of the team needs to be compensated... having a leaver/dc shouldn't just be something you have to work through (like, say, getting a bunch of clueless people on your team).

Honestly, I could handle the DCs etc with elo system as over the span of many games it would even out with DCs on enemy teams, effectively not affecting my rating. However, with the leagues... It HURTS, hurts TERRIBLY to get a dc in your Bo3/5. You can legitimately fail to go up, wasting the effort of many games, because of bad luck and it's a badly designed system.

Lost a best 2/3 because had a DC in the first 5min in both of my games. Needless to say I haven't played a game in 3 days.

Losing a promotion or any LP because it's basically 4v5 is pointless. As others have said the loss shouldn't count against the 4 it should only count for the one DC.

This still leaves the AFKers to be dealt with, or rather the "AFKers". You know, the ones that will stand in base and keep arguing with their team just to keep from being set as AFK. I've been trying to think of a system with a low chance of abuse for that, and the only one I can think of is a "Mark as AFK" button that requires six or seven votes, including from the enemy team. That way nobody can fall victim to a 4-man premade kicking them out for some asinine reason; your opponents have to agree that you're doing nothing to help your team. Congratulations, you're kicked from the game, it's marked as a loss for you, and the rest of your teammates can fight on for either a victory or a penalty-less loss.
    I am the BEASTMASTER. What are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It's like saying "Why train up as a football team and go and play in the World Cup, when any random groups of people are playing Football down the park all the time! Footballs too accessable for everyone, GZ Blizzard!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterOfFire View Post
    This still leaves the AFKers to be dealt with, or rather the "AFKers". You know, the ones that will stand in base and keep arguing with their team just to keep from being set as AFK. I've been trying to think of a system with a low chance of abuse for that, and the only one I can think of is a "Mark as AFK" button that requires six or seven votes, including from the enemy team. That way nobody can fall victim to a 4-man premade kicking them out for some asinine reason; your opponents have to agree that you're doing nothing to help your team. Congratulations, you're kicked from the game, it's marked as a loss for you, and the rest of your teammates can fight on for either a victory or a penalty-less loss.
    But most of the time, the opponents won't vote to approve because they may think the team is scapegoatting one person.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    A due queue that alternates asking the other team to AFK-mark one of them, effectively halving the amount of loses they collectively suffer. A bunch of random assholes who decide to scapegoat someone and a bunch of asshole enemies who think it would be funny.

Way too easy to abuse in many, many ways.

The system for handling 4v5s mentioned earlier is very simple and pretty much impossible to effectively abuse. It would handle second most annoying way to lose a game, no need to try and expand it while creating holes in the structure.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-02-11 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    But most of the time, the opponents won't vote to approve because they may think the team is scapegoatting one person.
    This is true, and I didn't say it was foolproof. It sure is nice to think there are people out there that would try and do things fairly, but alas.

The only other system I can think of is a hell of a lot more complicated just because it's trying to close one loophole after another. Though I think I could simplify it down to "If you don't have a kill or assist by the X minute mark, you're out of the game and lose LP. The rest of your team no longer risks a LP penalty for losing the match." At least that way it's your failure to actually do anything that leads to your own downfall, and if you're unintentionally feeding, well, maybe you need to be knocked down a peg to something more your given skill level. Just my opinion, though.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 10:32 PM ----------

The system for handling 4v5s mentioned earlier is very simple and pretty much impossible to effectively abuse. It would handle second most annoying way to lose a game, no need to try and expand it while creating holes in the structure.
    Yes, I agree, it does remove one annoying way, while the most annoying one is left there to become an even bigger problem. If the removal of a penalty for having one or more absent teammates is to happen, then I think both methods of ineffectiveness should be addressed, even if one is a lot harder to tackle than the other.
    It's like saying "Why train up as a football team and go and play in the World Cup, when any random groups of people are playing Football down the park all the time! Footballs too accessable for everyone, GZ Blizzard!"

10+ Year Old Account
    The only other system I can think of is a hell of a lot more complicated just because it's trying to close one loophole after another. Though I think I could simplify it down to "If you don't have a kill or assist by the X minute mark, you're out of the game and lose LP. The rest of your team no longer risks a LP penalty for losing the match." At least that way it's your failure to actually do anything that leads to your own downfall, and if you're unintentionally feeding, well, maybe you need to be knocked down a peg to something more your given skill level. Just my opinion, though.
    That could work better, but it brings up the issue of games being farmfests where neither team attempts to get kills on the enemy, in which everyone would get knocked out of the game or someone would get knocked out of the game just for playing passively.

There's also the issue where you're jungling, and all four of your team's lanes (counting support as a lane) are losing terribly (such as dying in 1v1s and 2v2s for bot lane without any jungler intervention at level 1) to the point that attempting to gank will only result in feeding the enemies further. This would make a lose-lose situation, either you just farm and your team reports you AFK, or you try to gank and either don't get kills resulting in that AFK report again, or dying resulting in your team reporting you for feeding.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-02-11 at 03:43 AM.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    That could work better, but it brings up the issue of games being farmfests where neither team attempts to get kills on the enemy, in which everyone would get knocked out of the game or someone would get knocked out of the game just for playing passively.

There's also the issue where you're jungling, and all four of your team's lanes (counting support as a lane) are losing terribly (such as dying in 1v1s and 2v2s for bot lane without any jungler intervention at level 1) to the point that attempting to gank will only result in feeding the enemies further. This would make a lose-lose situation, either you just farm and your team reports you AFK, or you try to gank and either don't get kills resulting in that AFK report again, or dying resulting in your team reporting you for feeding.
    This was my thought process for trying to find something foolproof, just to give an insight to my slight insanity:

*You're standing still, even if you're just chatting, so you're out of the game.*
    "lol running around"
    *But you're in your base and your nexus turrets are still up.*
    "lol running around outside the base"
    *But you're not attacking anything.*
    "lol killing jungle monsters"
    *But you're not attacking an enemy champion.*
    "lol got in one hit before giving them a kill"
    *But you're not getting any kill or assists.*
    "lol ks/lol got a hit in before they died, assist lol"
    *But you keep dying.*
    "lol should have given me the role i wanted"

And so on and so on. I like to think there's a way to beat the trolls at their own game, and I should probably stop before I go mad trying to find said way and realize that punishing the rule breakers punishes the law abiders just as much, if not more. But this discussion is likely best left for another thread, so I'm just gonna drop it and move on to something else.

Deleted
    So let me get this straight. I come onto this forum titled. "The I Just Had a Bad Game/Team/Need To Vent Thread!" and vent my frustration. People then reply to that insulting me with sly little comments like "your loss not riots" and "dont let the door hit you on the way out" I mean, why even read a thread made to house your frustrations if your going to insult people for actually venting them?

Seconds, my frustrations are 100% valid. You should not have to win 5-8 games in a row to get to the exact same point you were in before a lvl 1 afker can get you demoted. I would literally have to spend 5-10 hours to get back to where I was and that best case senario winning every single game in a row.

Im glad my post did spark some debate over a system to penalise afk/dc'ers. You say it can be abused and and people would just dc if they give away first blood just to stop the other team from winning and thats probably true so I like the idea of penalising the leaver/afker only, giving the enemy the win and negating all losses for the rest of the team. I think if someone had been dced for 5 mins of the first 15 the game should be stopped. Enenmy given victory, that person penalised as a loss and the rest of the team given no penalty. Anyone who disconnects for more than 5 minutes has the exact same result. (You can say thats unfair for a legitimate DC but the fact remains if they are disconnected for more than 5 minutes the enemy are probably going to win anyway even if they do come back)
    Last edited by mmocfa5c6e7ca4; 2013-02-11 at 08:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lekiki View Post
    Im glad my post did spark some debate over a system to penalise afk/dc'ers.
    there's already one in place.
    http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Leaver_Buster

I got banned for a week due to the simple fact that my internet was legitimately wonky (i.e it would work flawlessly for two hours, then drop connection every two minutes for the coming four hours and so forth) but I tried playing LoL anyway. I was even playing bot games so my DCs wouldn't disrupt people that much if I had one but still got banned.

all in all the myth "people who leave games don't get banned" doesn't hold true.
    people who swear in games and cuss other people out get banned too.

you can't forget you have a jury of your peers voting on whether to ban you or not in the tribunal on all reported cases, and they're not exactly nice when it comes to calling other people morons or likewise behaviour.

Deleted
    Not completely true. There is no penalty for leaving custom games whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    You still can get reported for bad behavior in Custom Games though, as cases for them do occasionally show up in the Tribunal.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Not sure about public custom games. Ones you start yourself and invite people too however, no.
    RETH

15+ Year Old Account
    Whelp...I posted this somewhere else initially, but I decided maybe it should belong in this thread...

Just had a really bad game against Nidalee. I was Garen, and I had a Nautilus with me, she had another Garen...so it was basically a mirror, cept I had a much shitter teammate. The Garen didn't do much, he was honestly pretty bad...I would wait for him to use his CDs then punish him with a Decisive Strike > Judgement, but the Nidalee was just out of control! She was throwing spears all the freaking time. Like...it doesn't take enough mana from her imo, because it's just constant, and the cd feels like it must be about 10 seconds or less. I'm actually really good at dodging them (or at least better than my shitty teammate), but all it takes is ONE from long range and BAM about half your health is gone. Also...she has her own little heal which is just ridiculous. You can never really keep her away because you can take about half her health or more and then she just heals it back with her heal+pots and she's good to harass the crap out of you again without fear.

Then she has traps like Teemo, except she can get them at level one...so that alone keeps me out of the bushes because I'm liable to get trapped > slowed > then speared in the face! Then when you finally get ahold of her...if you ever do...she's just going to go into that cat form > jump away > spear in the face.

And the spear is even worse when your team is all clustered up (pushing a lane, around a tower, etc.). I mean does that take any real skill to chuck that spear into the middle of a big pile of people and hit someone? I mean if there's like 5 people clustered around you'd have to be a real gimp to miss, especially if you're throwing it from the trees so it just pops out of the fog of war and there's no time to move at all.

I'm all about rewarding skillshots, I think that's fine and dandy, but that spear is simply too rewarding. I would love to see the damage reduced a bit, or else the mana cost increased so it's more of a decision, cause right now she seems to be able to simply toss them out nonstop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Whelp...I posted this somewhere else initially, but I decided maybe it should belong in this thread...

Just had a really bad game against Nidalee. I was Garen, and I had a Nautilus with me, she had another Garen...so it was basically a mirror, cept I had a much shitter teammate. The Garen didn't do much, he was honestly pretty bad...I would wait for him to use his CDs then punish him with a Decisive Strike > Judgement, but the Nidalee was just out of control! She was throwing spears all the freaking time. Like...it doesn't take enough mana from her imo, because it's just constant, and the cd feels like it must be about 10 seconds or less. I'm actually really good at dodging them (or at least better than my shitty teammate), but all it takes is ONE from long range and BAM about half your health is gone. Also...she has her own little heal which is just ridiculous. You can never really keep her away because you can take about half her health or more and then she just heals it back with her heal+pots and she's good to harass the crap out of you again without fear.

Then she has traps like Teemo, except she can get them at level one...so that alone keeps me out of the bushes because I'm liable to get trapped > slowed > then speared in the face! Then when you finally get ahold of her...if you ever do...she's just going to go into that cat form > jump away > spear in the face.

And the spear is even worse when your team is all clustered up (pushing a lane, around a tower, etc.). I mean does that take any real skill to chuck that spear into the middle of a big pile of people and hit someone? I mean if there's like 5 people clustered around you'd have to be a real gimp to miss, especially if you're throwing it from the trees so it just pops out of the fog of war and there's no time to move at all.

I'm all about rewarding skillshots, I think that's fine and dandy, but that spear is simply too rewarding. I would love to see the damage reduced a bit, or else the mana cost increased so it's more of a decision, cause right now she seems to be able to simply toss them out nonstop.
    I agree wholeheartedly, Nidalee is currently too strong. She can go bruiser (not a fan, low damage, no CC) or full AP and do up to 75% of a "squishy" in 1 long range spear. I've lost teamfights because a Nidalee would hit 2-3 spears and my team wouldn't disengage. Her actual teamfighting is rather "meh" after that, because she melts the second she pounces in, luckily. But a somewhat tanky (more Diana build) is... ugh.
    Don't even get me started on laning against a Nidalee. All of my hate.