Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Don't take the Brew out of Brewmasters!

Monk

Brewmaster
    Seriously? This is beyond ridiculous. Nothing warrants this in any way shape or form, you can still get a T rating anywhere without the changes.

My dwarven monk disapproves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support this thread fully. Next thing you know the spec will be call Tea-master.
    Waiting on GW2 and Z.O.E. HD collection.
    Currently playing WoW and hating YGO.
    My Feral druid Main
    And most importantly I shall give you the means to travel faster than the fastest starship. To soar to the ends of the universe and beyond.....

Maybe it's the fact that "Drunk X" would just start to sound repetitive? Hell, any Dwarf could show you a Drunken Haze, you don't see them naming abilities after it. This is a fantasy game after all, they tend to like to jazz things up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah saw that... I never thought that a name change will make me sad. But it is understandable from Blizzard, they want a T-rated game. Their PR department and lawyers don't want angry letters for Blizzard encouraging alcoholism.... The next thing we know it we get the press saying :

"World of Warcraft, a game where you already use demonic powers to massacre everyone introduced a new method of achieving this - By drinking beer which empowers demonic magic"

It is sad really... This shows us why Blizzard can't do anything serious to the Horde vs Alliance conflict... And will have to leave everything to the books.

Thats strange.. because on the box itself I believe it states something along the lines of "Alcohol references".. why are they renaming it..

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's making me sad because of the obvious WC3 references being thrown away. QQ Pandaren Brewmaster = awesome. Keep it Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't do it, Blizzard! I want people to KNOW that Brewmaster Hao is TANKED while he's TANKING. Dammit. I'll make an effort to carry booze everywhere I go to make damn sure I'm drunk as an Irishman when a boss is pulled.
    Level 85 Illithid Mage.

Next step - they'll rename Brewmaster into Elusivemaster... >.>'

Totally don't understand that change >.>'
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

They're changing it to be carebear and more politically correct... which is really sad.

I bet some super uptight people on the beta complained about it or something.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dissaprove very much.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Beta is beta, so unless this makes it to live in x amount of months I really don't see a reason to panic just yet. Best thing to do is go on the official forums and request nicely that they change the names back.

Another proof that the pandas part of the expansion is aimed at players of very young age. If alcoholic beverage references persisted in class talents/spell names there would have been many upset young parents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasdwell View Post
    Beta is beta, so unless this makes it to live in x amount of months I really don't see a reason to panic just yet. Best thing to do is go on the official forums and request nicely that they change the names back.
    I already did. Mists official, only at 2 pages but i seem to be garnering more support than opposition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please take the brew out of Brewmaster.

As far as WoW's Monks go, the Windwalker and Mistweaver are specs based around being a badass fighter using spirits of shadow and mist to enhance their and their allies abilities. Meanwhile, Brewmaster is just some drunk asshole.

Yes, it makes 100% sense for Pandaren, but there's 8 other races that can be Monks, huh?

I would prefer that all monks be about combat and skill, as opposed to it being "Total badass", "Total badass", and "Drunk dude". As it stands, if the aesthetics of Monk Tanking continues to be Brewmaster, I will not tank on my future Draenei Monk.

Edit: But then again, my opinion is statistically insignificant and nobody here really cares if I don't tank on my monk, amirite?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    Seriously? This is beyond ridiculous. Nothing warrants this in any way shape or form, you can still get a T rating anywhere without the changes.
    It's terrible, it really saddened me when I saw those changes, I mean what? Are they afraid that because there is reference to drinking in a game all kids are going to turn into raging alcoholics? We've been busy killing and murdering thousands of mobs/toons ingame, I don't think it's turned anyone into a crazed mass-murderer...
    The names of those spells make no sense, 'Dizzying' and 'Elusive' can apply to anything, it doesn't sound like 'Brewmaster' skills to me.

Why are we allowed to have imagery of mass murder and dismemberment and it's all fine and dandy but any reference to alcohol, WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN AND THEIR POOR FRAGILE MINDS!!!

Don't take the Brew out of the Brewmaster, that's just daft.

<Link Every NOOOOOOOOO youtube video>

I understand why they changed nom nom nom for druids (it was a placeholder name that was never serious)
    but this... This has been in Wc3 and it feels really akward that they decided to change it

Breath of fire feels wierd with Dizzying haze >.<
    d click f click.... ohh the memories
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2012-03-29 at 08:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    Maybe it's the fact that "Drunk X" would just start to sound repetitive? Hell, any Dwarf could show you a Drunken Haze, you don't see them naming abilities after it. This is a fantasy game after all, they tend to like to jazz things up.
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Do you know how many damn Holy archetype words they've slapped on Paladin moves since creation? Too many to care for!

LEAVE MY BREWMASTER ALONE BLIZZARD! >:(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Please take the brew out of Brewmaster.

As far as WoW's Monks go, the Windwalker and Mistweaver are specs based around being a badass fighter using spirits of shadow and mist to enhance their and their allies abilities. Meanwhile, Brewmaster is just some drunk asshole.

Yes, it makes 100% sense for Pandaren, but there's 8 other races that can be Monks, huh?

I would prefer that all monks be about combat and skill, as opposed to it being "Total badass", "Total badass", and "Drunk dude". As it stands, if the aesthetics of Monk Tanking continues to be Brewmaster, I will not tank on my future Draenei Monk.
    The Pandaren are responsible for the spread of the monk class ways. It absolutely should be part of every one of them.

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 04:36 AM ----------

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...0422?page=2#34 WoW forums thread.