Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    If you take into account that druids with symbiosys get basicly every cool cd in the game from dmg increase to dmg reduction it rely pisses me of that we get this lame spell , make it a talent for god´s sake so the few people who seem to like it can pick it and give us something usefull instead :/

There are multpie healing spells in the talent tree. Spectral guise can hopefully be used to avoid big damage ability from bosses. THAT AND THEIR ARE A SILLY NUMBER OF HEALING SPELLS IN THE TALENT TREE WHATS WRONG WITH MORE PVP ABILITIES!!!!

---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 11:17 PM ----------

You also get the druids ablities to so it's not that bad as long as they make the shared spells awesome to. If you see a druid with the buff in pvp and theirs honor among thieves. Makes it way easier to find classes like rogues and ferals. P

example if a resto druid gets hymn of hope or divine hymn. I should get tranquility but if they give me something like dash then yeah it's gonna blow but fade + dash would be kind of kewl. Both shaman and druids have nothing like spectral guise so yeah baseline with out being a nelf.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2012-04-19 at 11:44 PM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

I haven't been able to hit 87 on beta yet to test myself, and sorry if I missed it, but do you still take the damage done to the form you leave behind before spectral guise is broken? i.e can you use spectral guise to cheese a big damage hit i.e. tank something for a short time, like Chimaeron, or take a twilight blast on Blackhorn....just some basic examples that come to mind.

I just find it kind of sad the last dmg thing as a oh here ya go welcome to the new max lvl was VT back in BC as a talent & we got mass dispell which was cool because we were the only class that could break mage ice block and pally bubble. 80 We got Divine Hymn which was awful at first, then made semi useful, and in a pinch shadow could use it to heal & Dispersion as a highest talent (which I still think a glyph to make it heal as well is warranted). at 85 we got Life Grip. Now we get a strange invis.

I am on the beta and have acquired the spell. I cant think of PvE uses as you dont leave combat or anything and i need to check to see if casting breaks the invis. However pvp i can imagine it would be useful. I do like the 30sec CD on the spell. However i like the lore/RP aspect of it really.

When I think of a shadow priest the first thing that comes to mind is a shade. To me a shade is constantly disappearing and reappearing in a different place. Hard to pin down where they really are. I do think they should just make it 6 secs and remove the 3 hit rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    tank something for a short time, like Chimaeron, or take a twilight blast on Blackhorn...
    Blachhorn might work, if the apparition doesn't count as a pet. But that's like what? One fight in the whole addon for the spell...

Chimaeron or Baleroc will just oneshot the 60k health clones, no need for the 3 direct cap hit. Further, you first would've to get aggro. Have fun to do that.
    And no, you don't take the damage the clone takes.

Spectral guise can hopefully be used to avoid big damage ability from bosses
    You can avoid one big bad melee hit, and that only if you have aggro.
    AoE spells will hit your true self, you can't avoid those. And if a mob is already casting a targeted spell at you, it will hit you, regardless of you summoning your clone. For players the spellcasts at least gets cancelled, but this can't obviously work on boss abilities. Also i think it's mechanically impossible for the game to automatically change the target of a spellcast during it's cast, that's why they'll cancel the cast for players, while it will still hit for mobs.

The spell currently is garbage, and making it useful will not be that easy, because it currently just has too many problems.
    However pvp i can imagine it would be useful. I do like the 30sec CD on the spell.
    It's not. It makes enemies drop target, cancelling spellcasts on you. That's it. Fade with Phantasm already does that, on a 30(21 sec) CD. We don't need a 2nd spell doing the exact same thing.

I love the idea the ability and I really hope it makes it into live.

Just because I do BG's a lot, I can already see times when it would be EXTREMELY useful.

They just need to increase how many times our clone is able to be hit, remove dot ticks, etc...

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

10+ Year Old Account
    Several PvE fights have Adds, and I could see this being very useful for avoiding damage in those circumstances. Also, if something is casting a spell on you, it could be a counter-inturrupt, which can stop the spell. It also has practical uses when soloing, or if you overpull when alone.

Anyone that says something is bad without even considering what it -could- be good for does help much for the case. Keep in mind if you think you have a better idea, it has to be within the realm of balance for PvE and PvP.
    Professor Necomi - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Necomi/simple
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serix69 View Post
    Several PvE fights have Adds, and I could see this being very useful for avoiding damage in those circumstances.
    Fade already does that, why do I need a second Fade? When Fade fails, I have Fear/Teir1 Talent. Again, why do I need this?

Also, if something is casting a spell on you, it could be a counter-inturrupt, which can stop the spell.
    Maybe, but what what I'd rather have a damage reduction ability in that case. In all likelyhood random AoE would knock you out of it. Can't count the number of times I died on Heroic Blackhorn because I just can't take a hit at all.

It also has practical uses when soloing, or if you overpull when alone.
    How? They will kill your shadow in sub 1 second if you overpull and just go right back on you.

Anyone that says something is bad without even considering what it -could- be good for does help much for the case. Keep in mind if you think you have a better idea, it has to be within the realm of balance for PvE and PvP.
    Have you read anything about the ability? It has almost no use in either PvP or PvE We have an aggro drop, we have a target drop talent, and we have Fear/Tentacles for everything else. I've tried to think of a situation where I would be glad to have S.Guise, but every situation we have a spell that handles it BETTER. Add? Fade. Somehow still adds? Fear/T1 talent. Still adds? Fade is back up. PvP, Phantasm it up. Why S.Guise when it is obvious you used it, DoTs break it, auto attacks break it, etc. If the stealth/invis lasted longer, it could be an opener I guess, but it'd be super obvious as there would be a shadow priest just standing there, and then they'd auto attack you and BAM, your up.

I just see no use here for this spell... If it wasn't for blizz no longer requiring you to train spells, I would not even train this PoS. The best solution is to A. make it a talent or B. make it a glyph. Put something from our talent tree as a replacement, or design a new spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Serix69 View Post
    Several PvE fights have Adds
    AS already said, fade does that.
    Also, if something is casting a spell on you, it could be a counter-inturrupt, which can stop the spell.
    You can't cancel mob spellcasts on you with it. Once they targeted you and started casting, it will hit you, not the clone.
    It also has practical uses when soloing, or if you overpull when alone.
    Spec Void Tendrils for soloing, it's far superior. Also, when you overpull, the clone will be gone instantly due to the 3 direct hit cap.
    They just need to increase how many times our clone is able to be hit, remove dot ticks, etc...
    The biggest problem about the spell is that it drops enemy players target.
    This simple screams "he's invis, don't attack the clone". The only reason why one would attack the clone is to build rage/holy power/chi... With slow effects, you can't get away anyways. There is just no reason to attack the clone, unless to build extra ressources.

And guess what? The target dropt is the hardest part to fix, simply because of the "summon clone" mechanic. Server lag, then retargeting every single mob/player that is casting on you, in addition to creating a clone with your hp/mana values, buffs/debuffs, that then has to be smart enough to cast heal or damage spells depending on your spec. Nope, not gonna happen. The clone won't fool anybody, and if it doesn't, there is no reason to attack it.

Deleted
    There seems to be a consensus about this spell.

1. It's a pvp spell, and as such people who only pve will almost never have any use for it.
    2. In its current state it's broken.

There also seems to be fairly large support for changing it from the lvl87 spell that all priests get to an optional talent. I can't see any reason why this wouldn't work, there's definitely room in the talent trees, and the lvl87 spell should be something that all priests are happy to get. Leave feedback on the official forums and maybe Blizz will finally take another pass at priests.

A lot of posts have made justifications to previous abilities we've gotten (like Leap of Faith)...but no one has mentioned Mind Spike. I pretty much never used Mind Spike in PvE until DS. I used it solo questing, sure, but in a raid, not before this tier with the four piece spam rotation and sometimes Sons of Flame on Rag. How often do healers use it in PvE? I can't imagine it's a whole lot if ever. We've gone the majority of an expansion where PvE-wise, people weren't really using that ability either. I'm sure Blizz has an idea in mind where it would be useful and are just working out how to implement it. We can only make comparisons to encounters and situations that we're familiar with right now, we don't know what designs are coming down the pipeline. I'm (trying) to be optimistic in regards to Spectral Guise, hopefully I'm not really disappointed in the implementation.

I don't quite see why the level 87 spell has to be something that all priests will use all day long - that's just extremely limiting. Heck not even an awesome interrupt would make everyone happy as you wouldn't get to use it on raid bosses. I think they can fix our regular damage/healnig rotation just fine without using the level 87 ability to add something rotational - which is what they would have to do to get away from the "but I won't use that spell when I'm doing arena or when I'm healing raid trash or when I'm questing as discipline" comments.

There are some holes to fill for priests, sure - shadow could use something more for AOE for example, and discipline could use something more for AOE healing. They're using the level 90 talent slot to overcome some of that though, and that is fine really. I don't think that everyone would be happy with Halo as their level 87 ability either.

So what they are doing with the level 87 spell is filling another hole in the priest repertoire - the short cooldown get-the-hell-away spell. Sure, that doesn't benefit everyone in every possible situation, but personally I'm quite excited that they've identified the lack of such a spell as a problem. The priest level 87 spell is perhaps not the coolest of the bunch, but if it manages to fix a problem I'll be pretty happy. (It could use some changes though.)

The problem most people are having right now Ananan, is that glyphed Fade already does what spectral guise is doing right now with a similar CD. It's essentially accomplishing the same thing, so it's not "filling another hole in the priest repertoire" so to speak. I agree that I'm not looking for something new to add into my rotation with that spell, but I do want it to be viable at some point.

Deleted
    A lot of posts have made justifications to previous abilities we've gotten (like Leap of Faith)...but no one has mentioned Mind Spike. I pretty much never used Mind Spike in PvE until DS. I used it solo questing, sure, but in a raid, not before this tier with the four piece spam rotation and sometimes Sons of Flame on Rag. How often do healers use it in PvE? I can't imagine it's a whole lot if ever. We've gone the majority of an expansion where PvE-wise, people weren't really using that ability either. I'm sure Blizz has an idea in mind where it would be useful and are just working out how to implement it. We can only make comparisons to encounters and situations that we're familiar with right now, we don't know what designs are coming down the pipeline. I'm (trying) to be optimistic in regards to Spectral Guise, hopefully I'm not really disappointed in the implementation.
    The thing is, the examples you're providing essentially support pessimism, not optimism. Mindspike was pretty much used only in PvP until shadow 4pc tier made it a small part of spriests' rotation late in the expansion. Even if a healing priest wanted to help with dps, he'd go atonement, not spam MS. Lifegrip again has a lot of uses in pvp, and I think all priests love it for trolling their raid, but the only pve encounter I've used it regularly in is heroic spine, to help the tank kite bloods. If you're waiting for Blizz to make an encounter where this is useful, you might be waiting a long time. If it's fixed, it'll be great for pvp, but I can't see it being used in pve much if at all.

I use mind spike for pvp all the time. It makes it where I can freely do dmg, and if kicked or counter spelled I know I can cast heals for a while then back to mind spikeing.

For those who don't know what it does; I didn't either but it sure looks lovely - go go 0:57