Poll: Do you support Warlocks having a 4th tanking spec?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I want warlock tank > others class
    Last edited by Ikrekot; 2012-03-29 at 07:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more that I think about it, and read other people's opinions, the more that I am convinced that it is something that will come eventually. Let me provide my reasons and I would be happy to entertain any counterpoints:

1. It was not just one change, essentially everything that a tank needs in his arsenal was provided (Ref: Consider's Blog):
    "- Crit Immunity? Metamorphosis – specifically, Nether Plating.
    - Mitigation/Damage Reduction? Metamorphosis – specifically, Nether Plating in combination with Glyph of Demon Hunting.
    - Health? Grimoire of Sacrifice.
    - Taunts? Metamorphosis – specifically, Provocation and Soul Shatter, the latter in combination with Glyph of Demon Hunting.
    - Threat? Metamorphosis – presumably only with Glyph of Demon Hunting.
    - Cooldowns? Unending Resolve, Twilight Ward, Dark Regeneration, and any of the tier three talents.
    - Gear Scaling? Metamorphosis – specifically, Glyph of Demon Hunting."

This is not a half ass attempt as say, Arms warrior or Ret Paladin just equipping a shield or a Unholy DK popping Blood presence. A lot of work and thought was put into it.

2. The more work they put in, the more they realize that a lot more stuff needs to change:
    - Gear (will spirit become a tanking attribute?, if not will it be just incorporated in metamorphosis etc, who will locks share gear with, what will it look like etc)
    - Balance (PvP balance, LFR balance, rebalancing loot tables etc).
    - Animations.
    A lot more work needs to get done and I doubt that they can spare the resources this close to MoP.

3. Blizzard has a habit of making only one major change at one time to a certain aspect of the game (e.g. LFR was added just to one raid, spirit to hit came only to Shadowpriests first (or was it Moonkins first). It is much, much more work to balance all other classes and specs around two more new tanking classes than just one (monks only).

Its more than likely that the plan is in the works, Blizzard is waiting for how the four specs for Druids work out to see the viability of such a spec. Also, they would rather see the dust settle after a new tanking class is thrown in the mix before they throw another wrench in the works.

The bottom line is, the game needs to evolve and change and feel fresh. You cannot have the same things for seven years and not feel rundown. The writing for the locks was on the wall, they are among the least played class and rarely mains. There was a reason that so much time was invested in reinventing them. DKs went through their whole reworking last expansion (dedicated trees etc) along with Paladins (Holy power). Its the time for other classes that have fallen behind.
    Last edited by Quick Ben; 2012-03-29 at 07:27 PM.
    Never underestimate of the power of stupid people in large groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Corjha View Post
    Sorry, we don't need/want another tanking class.
    Who's "we" ? Got a mouse in your pocket ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Up until Cata I always felt a bit like a tank anyway. I really miss that feeling that I could take a bit more than the other people running around in dresses. This sort of thing plus getting the choice of a felguards weapon have me very interested in demo.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    Thread is made...on tanking forums...feel free to show your support. =)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4253970993#1
    Thanks bro! I'll give you the souls of mages I've been saving up!

Just copy-paste the steps I wrote, I don't give a damn about tanking credit or such I'm happy enough if this creative way of voicing our demand would yield results!

Don't forget to roll a lock with 'tank' in it! And spread the word, lets hope it goes viral!

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Who's "we" ? Got a mouse in your pocket ?
    Go for the eye BOO!

I'm all for Warlock tanking, but not with the current implementation. If we tank with a glyph we're going to run into the same problems as Feral Druids as far as balance is concerned. I propose that if Blizz does want locks to become tank viable we get a fourth spec, just like Druids. Besides Warlocks in their current tanking form are missing quite a few things that other tanks have. Sure we have the CD's through Talents, but we're missing vengeance (could prob pick up Archimonde's Vengeance to counteract this). We also don't have avoidance like other tanks, which can definitely lead to problems.

Like I said I'm all for lock tanks, but I don't think adding a Glyph is the right way to implement it.
    Last edited by kai zayin; 2012-03-29 at 07:47 PM.
    In promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous panderosity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kai zayin View Post
    I'll all for Warlock tanking, but not with the current implementation. If we tank with a glyph we're going to run into the same problems as Feral Druids as far as balance is concerned. I propose that if Blizz does want locks to become tank viable we get a fourth spec, just like Druids. Besides Warlocks in their current tanking form are missing quite a few things that other tanks have. Sure we have the CD's through Talents, but we're missing vengeance (could prob pick up Archimonde's Vengeance to counteract this). We also don't have avoidance like other tanks, which can definitely lead to problems.

Like I said I'm all for lock tanks, but I don't think adding a Glyph is the right way to implement it.
    Refer to the OP

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 08:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    Thread is made...on tanking forums...feel free to show your support. =)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4253970993#1
    Dude please edit your official forums post, this is not meant to be a petition, simply an action (rolling a tank lock) followed by a statement (creative RP)

Quote Originally Posted by facelesssoul View Post

[/LIST]Since creating petitions on the official forums are frowned upon here is a clever alternative to get big-blue's attention:[LIST=1][*]Roll a Warlock[*]Put the word Tank in his\her name (ex: Demotank, loltank, Tankdemo, UtankU, Demotankz.. etc)[*]DO NOT USE ALTERNATIVE CHARACTERS IN 'Tank' so no 'Tánk'[*]If you simply think it would be fun leave it at that.[*]Show your level of enthusiasm (Level 1=I like the idea ---> Level 10=ZOMG MUST HAZ DEMO TANK) by levelling the lock to that level.[*]POST in a thread called 'Supporting the Demodin' under the Tank section in your region's forums saying: I am [lock tank name] and my demonic powers CAN protect the weaklings.
    To me that looks like a petition to me since u r not discussing anything but just placing a message that would otherwise equal a signing of your name to a petition. This is how some people in the real world go about getting ppl to fill in a petition without them knowing it is one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    To me that looks like a petition to me since u r not discussing anything but just placing a message that would otherwise equal a signing of your name to a petition. This is how some people in the real world go about getting ppl to fill in a petition without them knowing it is one.
    Not quite if the said person is celebrating their newly created lock tank in-game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle View Post
    If you guys kept supporting it, it is very possible that it could happen.
    Exactly this. If enough people want it, they will find a way to implement it.

Same how enough people wanted Garrosh dead.

Edit: Oh and by the way, Warlock tanks looked like the saving grace of MoP to me. I might even resubscribe to tank as Warlock. OH well..

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to clarify, the main idea behind this is to roll locks with the word TANK in their name, posting on the official forums is purely to brag about it

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The more I think about it, the more I think this "offtank" thing is a bad coverup for something. They have a taunt in their Metamorphosis using that glyph. A. Taunt. Off-tanks don't need taunts, they're just supposed to hold the mob. They have every move a true tank would have.

It's a coverup, Blizz didn't want warlocks to find out they were testing tanking for 6.0 (yes, not MoP) so they came up with an excuse. Just wait, shortly before live the glyph will mysteriously vanish.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I actually don't warlocks to fully tanks. I want warlocks to be "plate wearing" melee caster equivalents

I don't care as long as they make the spec 100% useless in arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xsistor View Post
    I actually don't warlocks to fully tanks. I want warlocks to be "plate wearing" melee caster equivalents
    A long time ago in a patch far far away, blizzard actually wanted locks to melee http://www.wowwiki.com/Firestones

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Finn mac cool View Post
    I don't care as long as they make the spec 100% useless in arena.
    With damage tuned to be close to tanks and talents not being an issue anymore don't worry.

A long time ago in a patch far far away, blizzard actually wanted locks to melee http://www.wowwiki.com/Firestones

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 09:03 PM ----------

With damage tuned to be close to tanks and talents not being an issue anymore don't worry.
    Yeah back in the day i used random enchant cloth gear andfirestone to make a melee warlock

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ONE MOOOORE THING!

If they do the spec thing, I hope it's not Demon Hunting. Because then that means we will never see demon hunters as a class.

10 points if you get the one more thing line. But since the points don't matter, we'll make it 1000.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xsistor View Post
    Yeah back in the day i used random enchant cloth gear andfirestone to make a melee warlock
    did you add the fire enchant from the blasted lands quest and get a slave-shammy to drop a windfury totem as well?

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 09:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    ONE MOOOORE THING!

If they do the spec thing, I hope it's not Demon Hunting. Because then that means we will never see demon hunters as a class.

10 points if you get the one more thing line. But since the points don't matter, we'll make it 1000.
    I remember it being said in an accent... DAMN...

Edit: NVM i remember now 1000 points for me
    Last edited by facelesssoul; 2012-03-29 at 08:16 PM.

Not quite if the said person is celebrating their newly created lock tank in-game.
    Yet when you take that new non tank warlock to the fourms and everyone spams the same message in the thread then it is a petition or a spamming thread. That is not celebrating. That is using the forums incorrectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Yet when you take that new non tank warlock to the fourms and everyone spams the same message in the thread then it is a petition or a spamming thread. That is not celebrating. That is using the forums incorrectly.
    You have a point, and I adjusted the OP accordingly.