Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Linry View Post
    it's filmed in front of a live studio audience.
    http://www.tvtickets.com/fmi/xsl/sho...?Show=big+bang
    Laugh track or studio audience laughter... tv-shows that come with either certainly bother many. It annoys me too, and the show has to be pretty darn good to ignore it.

Because Kaley Cuoco is sexy

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Really? I find Sara Gilbert more attractive than her...

And to answer the OP... TV is full of shows that like to reference pop culture for the purposes of humor. Big Bang Theory happens to be the only one I've seen that actually references my area of culture.

As a nerd, I like watching nerds. Is there another show with funny nerds?

Quote Originally Posted by jumba View Post
    bbt is a safe 30 minute sitcom that you can pretty much watch out of order in syndication and still get the same experience. The jokes are corny and canned, but the characters are endearing, particularly sheldon and amy farrah fowler (particularly their expressions when they get leonard nemoy's dna on a napkin and a tiara, respectively). The jokes about sheldon using a n64 emulator i consider just filler (unless the joke is the state of n64 emulators, amiritefolks?!), but it's their reactions to things that people find funny.

It's not the same type of writer-driven humor as 30 rock, or community (which i'm surprised you did not reference either, that show would be right up your alley). But the shows you cite either did/are struggling on network tv or are on hbo which doesn't have to care about ratings. Your average person is a bit turned off by shows that layer on their comedy.
    oh it"s a tiara!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    How can people like how I met your mother, It sucks cause it's about crying little girl that can't find a god damn wife ....

You can enjoy it, doesn't mean I must.

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    As a nerd, I like watching nerds. Is there another show with funny nerds?
    Chuck.

Horrible, horrible series finale though. Stop watching after season 4.

i have watched an episode and i was really disappointed because its the type of humour i would normally think is funny but i found the acting so terrible and cheesy that the jokes fell flat.

for my nerd humour, i really like The Guild. its a lot funnier and its based on people who are addicted to mmo's.
    Last edited by hellosaltygoodness; 2012-03-31 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    i have watched an episode and i was really disappointed because its the type of humour i would normally think is funny but i found the acting so terrible and cheesy that the jokes fell flat.

for my nerd humour, i really like The Guild. its a lot funnier and its based on people who are addicted to mmo's.
    I like the Guild watched it all but nothing new on Netflix for years it seems, where can I watch the new episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I like the Guild watched it all but nothing new on Netflix for years it seems, where can I watch the new episodes?
    if i remember correctly netflix does not have the most recent season, it only had 1-4. you can watch season 5 on www.watchtheguild.com though, its the official site.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a lot of stuff I like others can't stand.
    There is a lot of stuff I loathe that others like.

I'm sure a lot of you can say the same. Why ask why?

I've tried watching it because my friend is really into it, but I just can't seem to enjoy it. Feels too...dry for my tastes. I love comedy but am very selective when it comes down to it. I guess maybe it's the punch lines just don't seem to tickle me because I expect it or something.

Not gonna say it's a bad show...just not my cup of tea. I prefer shows like LOST, The Walking Dead, Degrassi (I don't know why...but that show is just great), Any of the CSI's, Criminal Minds, Falling Skies, and Hell on Wheels seemed pretty good for the first season. There are some other shows, but those are the ones I will generally watch when given the choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cuz it's so randum for us nerdz rite guyz! Exsssss deeeeee

Like people said it uses nerd humour.

Like how the main character called the police because his World of Warcraft account got hacked and his items got stolen.

Unlike most sitcoms Big Bang Theory doesn't do random gags that are funny, it uses nerf referenced gags which because of that it has more structure.

Like every now and then certain members of the Star Trek Next Generation actors will have a appearance and the jokes will revolve around that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    Used to love it, but actually hate lasts seasons. Amy and Bernadette gtfo. Really.

Deleted
    I dont understand the English version well enough to get all the jokes, thus making it not nearly as fun to watch as doing some other things in the time I would watch it and in German it simply sucks. So no BBT for me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastlee View Post
    I haven't gotten through an entire episode because the jokes seem so corny and canned. Maybe I haven't given it enough time, but why is this show so popular.

To give a point of reference, I love arrested development, 30 rock, curb your enthusiasm...
    I hate those shows and I used to like BBT when I watching the first few seasons in a marathon and got into the mood, but something clicked with them, and it was about the time the show about nerds all had pretty hot girlfriends that the show started to be more and more stupid.

They need more moments like in the pilot when sheldon and his roommate(forgot the name and still have seen every episode) try to donate sperm.

They are in the habit now of reusing old fan favorite jokes and ignoring some more subtle opportunities at continuity humor.

For example in the last episode, Sheldon has a dream where Spock give him moral advice, but there's no reference to a past quip that Leonard Nimoy(That's the roommate's name, leonard) has a restraining order on sheldon, which they could of put in some

---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 10:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    barely....
    dictated but not read.

Deleted
    its a bit of fun, doesn't take itself to seriously.

The main girl, shes attractive but very broad backed - when shes squeezed a few sproges out she will balloon-

I think the little nerdy one is cuter

I don't like it since i dislike whole "geek" subculture that emerged in last few years. I find it kinda sad.

I guess i'm not comfortable with geekiness being mainstream.
    Last edited by mixerii; 2012-03-31 at 11:00 AM.