Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    to be honest you knew the risks of leaving active people that were outside of your core group and therefore its really your fault. other than that good riddance to you sir, the linked image is so elitist and you seem like a complete dick with the line 'canned answers will not be accepted', i'd rather have a game without people who think they are better than the people running it

in other words: your fault deal with it you pretentous idiot hahahaha

I think it would be great and very useful if the GM could provide a period for a planned leave, before this mechanic starts off.
    It is not uncommon that a person will not be able to logon for a certain period of time. If he could give i n that period somewhere, that would stop a lot of misuse of this mechanic.
    Just an idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonzinator View Post
    :::EDIT::: Yes we were all very well aware of the 30 day GM thing when we shut down. That is not the point. We could have kicked everyone when we went on hiatus but that is a pretty dick thing to do. We were being nice to the 1 or 2 people who still played.

First things first. I know you have heard about the GM transfer system before, but take a look at this to once again see how stupid it can be. My guild is gone, my and all my friends characters were kicked. The "new" GM is gone and left the server.

Here is the conversation with Blizzard about the whole issue. http://imgur.com/a/LylJr#2IF5u

I think the picture is pretty self explanatory, but here are a few tidbits to go alone with it.

>The guild was always small and never had more than 12 or so active members, with 10 of those members being raiders.
    >We stopped raiding shortly after the big FL nerf in October. It was discussed that the guild would go on hiatus and return someday. People agreed and went their own ways or stayed in the guild for w/e reason. (no reason to leave, perks, etc)
    >The money was divided up, everyone but the real GM demoted to rank 1 so that if anyone was possibly hacked nothing would hopefully happen.
    >The real GM was somehow hacked back in January but the issue was resolved that same day. A fluke of all flukes. Super complex and unique password and had not been playing since October. My guess it was something on Blizzard's end. Really has nothing to do with this, but it was the only thing that happened since the guild shut down.
    >Come back to the game with a scroll of resurrection last week only to be kicked from the guild. The armory page shows two members of about ~40 characters we had when we stopped.
    >Find out the person who stole the guild was someone who was a member, only in the guild for social purposes (perks), and who had been compensated for not being on the raiding roster. He was bad. We gave him gold and said "sorry dude, we like you but we need something else. Feel free to stay and be a bro." Which he did.

So yeah, Blizzard won't do jack. Our guild was 100% stolen by a member when he knew we would be coming back someday. I love reading the Blizz responses because they are canned, inaccurate, and don't address the issue AT ALL. Seriously, it is ****ing PATHETIC. I was devastated to see the guild destroyed by someone who had no right to do anything like this. I was all ready to play again, but Blizzard just killed me and my money. WTF Blizz, just... wtf.

I forgot to tell you about the character that he took the guild over with. Everyone did leave the guild with their max lvl characters, and he did as well. Do you know what character took over the guild? A lvl 1 bank alt. He lvled the character to 10, took over the guild, kicked everyone, sold everything, invited his alt 85, and server transferred. He stole everything from us... with a lvl 1.

they also let some guy harras a female rape victim which got banned for 1 day when she stood up for herself and when other even report the abuse all they did was say ty for the heads up proceded doing nothing guy renamed char and is still harresing here and its been going on for months and still going on. I can safely say iam losing all respect i had for blizzard in a very rapid speed... still ticketing them not leting this one go put iam disgusted they havent taken action our done better research about the events.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    So if you take a break and lock your house and go away somewhere and find your lock broken and house emtied when you come back, in your opinion it would be your fault as you abandoned your house, isn't it? You didn't take proper measures to prevent someone to reach your frontdoor and break your lock, so your where negligent.
    If you leave your car on a parkinglot and someone breaks it open and takes whatever he wants, it would be your fault? You left it there for everyone to break it open, who feels like it?
    That is a REALLY terrible analogy. The analogy fail here is that in the above example the House and the Car are YOUR property. A Guild is NOT entirely your property. As far as blizzard is concerned, a Guild belongs to A: Blizzard, B: the Guildmaster, C: The Guild. In that order. To determine eligibility for replacement if the Guildmaster goes MIA for 30+ days, the game will look for the highest ranked character in the guild that's logged on in the past week, and any guild member from that rank will be able to request guild leadership.

If you go away on vacation and come back to find your house burglarized, yes, that is wrong. However, you do not OWN this House.

You are renting this house from blizzard, and you live in it with X other people, who all contribute to the upkeep of said house, and the Lease agreement says that while you are the Primary Tennant, with power over the other Tennants, in the event that you are gone for a long period of time and not actively maintaining your role as Primary Tennant, then the Lease defaults to the most recent active tennant. It is then your own damn fault if you leave for a year, come back and find out one of the other tennants now owns the lease, changed the locks, sold all your stuff, and moved out of town.

Likewise, instead of a Car, you have a Bus. You rent the bus from Blizzard so you and your group of buddies can go places together. The rental agreement says the Bus is licenced in your name, and you are the Driver, you get to decide where everyone is going. However, if for any reason you decide to skip out, then your buddies are sort of stuck because a Bus without a driver is difficult to use, so after 30 days of you not even getting on the bus, the Rental Agreement passes the title to the most senior passenger. Guess what? If all of you except one guy leave for 30 days, then that one guy gets ownership of the bus. It is now his to do whatever the hell he wants with.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2012-03-30 at 10:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonzinator View Post
    If a moderator could lock this thread please that would be fantastic. I looked to see if I could do it myself but I must be brain dead because I can't find it. I think it has served its purpose. After answering so many questions and making someone rage because of their moral beliefs you can't have much more win than that. Plus I will never stop spreading the word unless I stop it myself. Remember, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.
    I really didn't want to come back here, but someone PM'd me and it seems it's true - you basically admitted that you actively trolled and antagonized me. That irritates me because yeah I let you get to me a little bit, but I've never sunk so low as you have. So I have that much dignity. I also have the amount of self-respect to not be debasing other people's character before they start hacking and slashing at mine. I appreciate you opening that opportunity up for me.

If you think you're that right, it seems 99% of this thread thinks you're completely wrong. You made a thread because you wanted to bitch. You proved nothing besides that to most of the people in this thread you're kind of a dick. You think you're spreading some sacred word, but you've given everyone no proof of anything besides one-sided screenshots and stories. Methinks you deserved to get your guild shanked from you. You get what you give, and you got shit from this thread. Loving it. Absolutely fucking loving it.

Aside from that, just report the thread and ask that it be closed. Easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel honestly if you have 10 or more people in the guild and 10 or more individual(meaning if you make an alt they dont count)people remain active and the guild officer has been inactive for over 30 days then they should have access to the guild mutiny option. But if there are less than 10 people the option should not appear. But this would probably be to complicated and take to much time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    So if you take a break and lock your house and go away somewhere and find your lock broken and house emtied when you come back, in your opinion it would be your fault as you abandoned your house, isn't it? You didn't take proper measures to prevent someone to reach your frontdoor and break your lock, so your where negligent. If you leave your car on a parkinglot and someone breaks it open and takes whatever he wants, it would be your fault? You left it there for everyone to break it open, who feels like it?
    In this case, he didn't lock the house before he left and he put a sign in the yard saying "you are allowed to take it when I am gone for more then a month".

The rules are clear. The rules were followed. You can argue whether or not it's a dick move from the person who took over, but you can't argue whether it's allowed or not. It is allowed. It has been allowed for a long, long time (if not since launch). I took over a guild like that myself before the new UI system came to be. Back then you could just make a ticket and take over.

Guilds need leaders and if the leaders leave for more then a month, they are not proper leaders and should be replaced. Simple.

So, you blame Blizzard for you all going inactive and someone capitalizing on the rest of the guild's neglect?

Why is Blizzard to blame for your all's mistake? Apparently your group of friends weren't such great friends at all, that has nothing to do with Blizzard reimbursing your crap because you all cared so little to upkeep your guild while people went inactive. The fault and blame rest on your heads, so build it back up or move on!
    Last edited by Leonidas; 2012-03-30 at 10:41 AM.

Deleted
    The whole argument can be summarized in: that guy was a dick, no fault on Blizzard's side. End of story

Blizzard is at fault because they allowed and implemented this absolutely ridiculous game policy which allows guild members to steal a guild from the guild master. Thirty days isn't even that long of a time with lulls between patches and expansions. Blizzard keeps dropping the ball what else is new.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    You know that they used the exact same criteria before the automated system was put in? So they absolutely would have transferred the guild ownership from people who don't play the game to the one person in the guild who does.
    I'd say this is arguable. The guild consisted of 4 people, 3 of my alts (1 guild leader, 2 highest ranked poss) and 1 outsider (lowest rank poss). I do believe they did some background checking before this feature. They'd know this given player had nothing to do with the guild nor would giving him the leadership "help the guild to move onwards" etc. Even if they were, which I doubt, it'd still require bunch of effort to do so and I don't think this option would've even crossed the person's mind if it wasn't this easy to begin with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BMoG View Post
    Blizzard is at fault because they allowed and implemented this absolutely ridiculous game policy which allows guild members to steal a guild from the guild master. Thirty days isn't even that long of a time with lulls between patches and expansions. Blizzard keeps dropping the ball what else is new.
    So basically if in an healty guild the GM disappears they should be screwed. Good guild policy indeed.
    The OP's biggest mistake was demoting everyone to the same rank.

Yea these should be the options if the GM is absent. /gquit and GTFO and make your own guild. I love how guildies feel entitled to assuming GM position. Just because you're in the guild and you may have put resources and time into it shouldn't give you any right to control of it, regardless of the circumstances. Officers and other members need to stop becoming possessive of the guilds that they are a part of and realize that it AINT THEIR GUILD.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    So basically if in an healty guild the GM disappears they should be screwed. Good guild policy indeed.
    The OP's biggest mistake was demoting everyone to the same rank.
    Actually, that wouldnt have made a difference. It does not matter how many ranks of people there are between GM and Lowest rank, the system looks at the rank of the most recent active player and opens up GM Availability to everyone of that rank. If, as he said, his entire guild except this one guy went off Reservation for 30+ days, then that guy would have been the highest rank active player, even if everyone else in the guild was random rank and he was the only rank 0.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazy View Post
    I'd say this is arguable. The guild consisted of 4 people, 3 of my alts (1 guild leader, 2 highest ranked poss) and 1 outsider (lowest rank poss). I do believe they did some background checking before this feature. They'd know this given player had nothing to do with the guild nor would giving him the leadership "help the guild to move onwards" etc. Even if they were, which I doubt, it'd still require bunch of effort to do so and I don't think this option would've even crossed the person's mind if it wasn't this easy to begin with.
    No, they would not have done any research, they just promote the highest ranking active character. I got invited to my current guild as a level 1 by one of the members (everyone had invite rights). I immediately made a ticket to take over GM, as the GM had been offline for 32 days. Next day some random rank 4 who logged in regularly (all ranks above were inactive), got promoted and I got a reply from Blizzard saying they promoted someone else because he had seniority. I talked to the guy, it turned out he had no idea what had happened, or why, because he was just a social perk leecher and was happy to part with the GM rank for a bit of gold. Voilà, my level 1 was GM

Seriously, the only thing that changed was the way it's handled, in the UI instead of with a ticket, not the underlying process.

ur own fault...u all quit playing and a random guy took charge of the guild because he was the ONLY person who was playing in that guild..its all working as intended..dont invite people like this if u know ur ALL gonna take a break from wow...always have someone trustworthy active...!

It is perfectly legal, sure it was a dick move but there is nothing saying that a GM can't kick all the members in his guild

the larger proportion of my guild flocked to star wars the old republic when it launched in december, our WoW guild was largely abandoned, i had to log on every couple of weeks just to make sure our guild wasn't usurped by one of our casuals.

sadly, it's just the way it is, the only other thing you could've done, is to have made someone who was going to continue to play guild master, that way you wouldn't have had to worry about it.

it's unfortunate, but it's a reality i'm afraid.

has the OP tried phoning blizzard support? he may be able to get his guild re-instated if it was taken over and then disbanded by some unscrupulous so and so.
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this has reached its potential.