Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Very lovely of the community service to let us know that BETA invites is/has gone out once again :-)

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    i have nothing... nothing... No thing... /me hates his bad luck.

I got mine! Account is flagged, no email yet! 7 Year old Acc day one, inactive for about 90 days within those 7 years. EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcow View Post
    Did you guys needed to whine that much? it was obvious that they couldnt invite everyone at the same time.
    How it that so obvious ? You know in upfront for 3-4 months that you need to invite 1 mil people and you setup just a few servers ? This is plain stupidity... This is the biggest Blizzard fiasco.

I already canceled my 2nd WoW account and I'm going to remove the credit card and bank block all payments to Blizzard when my current account payment month expires. They think that ppl can't fight back ? Think again... I will love to see how many subscribers they lost during this months

Quote Originally Posted by Veranya View Post
    I'm not bothered at all that they are inviting in waves and stuff, that's just logical. There's just one thing that annoys me a bit:
    I have been playing since a few months after release of classic. So few breaks since then that they are barely worth counting. Just sucks that I started on another account than I use now. Started this one late burning crusade, so I got maybe 4 years of ~7 active years played. I knew switching acc would hit me back in more ways than loss of cool achievements/items :<

Glad we finally got some information what's going on over att blizzard HQ though. This silence and letting rumors fly have grated on me a bit. Communication is important. Can't wait to spam blizzard about doing the item squish and letting warlocks tank. Then we would always have a stand in tank with our wlock

(But I'll just play a bit on my D3 beta in the meantime :3)
    Achievements from a Vanilla/TBC account?

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    lol right. I sometimes wonder if people think at all when the post trying to defend Blizzard.
    Huh? So how do you think they compare then ... I don't like this situation either, I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for a Beta invite ... And NO i don't think they handled the last week of this situation very well..

I'm just purely stating that you can't compare a Early Access Launch of a game to a Beta... You can't ... It's a stupid Comparison. Getting 1million people into your game with 50 servers over the course of a week compared to getting people into Beta servers in Waves.. Which they don't have any obligation to get 1 Million AP holders in at the same time.

Good Try Though.
    Last edited by Daverid; 2012-03-30 at 05:56 AM.

No invite for me, oh well. Maybe in the morning....if not my luck is just terrible.

Deleted
    November 2005 account creation, 1st day AP signup, EU, got mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestozaur View Post
    How it that so obvious ? You know in upfront for 3-4 months that you need to invite 1 mil people and you setup just a few servers ? This is plain stupidity... This is the biggest Blizzard fiasco.

I already canceled my 2nd WoW account and I'm going to remove the credit card and bank block all payments to Blizzard when my current account payment month expires. They think that ppl can't fight back ? Think again... I will love to see how many subscribers they lost during this months
    LOL because you can't try out one new dungeon, and play with a monk for a bit?

Oh yeah, you're going to show them. Hard. Quitting because you didn't get a "fair" chance at fricking BETA testing.

Get off your high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    Is inviting in waves logical when they have known for months how many people they had? No, logical would be to look at how many people they have and try to estimate how many servers they would need. Logical would be to have a plan on how to handle beta rather than admit a couple days before the beta goes live "we have no idea how we'll do it." The only way saying this is a "logical approach," is if you admit that they utterly failed to begin with and are now taking the only logical approach left.
    It's fairly logical if you consider that Blizzard never ever throws money at stuff, if they can get away with not doing it. And they can. So they won't. Hence, it is logical that they use a minimum of servers required for testing and getting all AP holders in to beta before it ends and hopefully as soon as possible. Even if they don't want to throw money at stuff, they still don't want to piss their customers off too much either. I just thought it was logical they would do that. I wouldn't throw money at a problem in my line of work. That would mean the customer would end up having to pay more to get it done faster than "normal deadline", or my company losing money. And that's no good.
    GM of Roiyaru - Frostmane. Ilinára, Combat rogue. So good at stealth I can't even find myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bout' freakin time! I didn't get my pandaria beta yet however my account was just flagged for Diablo III beta. Hmmm.

I really doubt they are going to lose that many because of this.

You and others who are QQing need to get over yourselves.

If you are quitting glad to see you gone, WoW needs less people like you :3

More on topic..

I have not gotten anything. Not sure how I would feel if I did, since i have to leave tomorrow and wouldn't be able to play for a few days..heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickabob View Post
    Bout' freakin time! I didn't get my pandaria beta yet however my account was just flagged for Diablo III beta. Hmmm.

Shit, at this point I'd be happy with a D3 beta too. 1/3 of the reason I wanted to sign up for the AP anyway. 1 was because I planned on playing WoW, 2 was for D3 and 3 was for the MoP beta. So far...I'm 1 for 3. Terrible odds there.

Deleted
    They know people can "fight back" and have told them exactly how, they've made it clear that you can phone customer services and just opt out of the scheme. If people are cancelling their sub over not getting access to the 1-10 pandaren leveling zone beta on day 1, then they obviously weren't the people willing to play for 1 year, the annual pass wasn't made for them and they shouldn't have bought it.

On topic, 7 year old account with 7months inactive at one point during classic, still no invite. Still don't particularly care since I'm more tech savvy than a turnip, so knew day 1 invites for everyone was impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    I have no idea what you're getting at.

Even if opt ins got in as well, AP users are still getting a chance at Beta regardless, that has nothing to do with what i just said.
    guess I just didn't know people are just cool now with blizzard saying one thing and doing another.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    guess I just didn't know people are just cool now with blizzard saying one thing and doing another.
    They said you'll get a chance at Beta, you're getting it.

Eventually.

Do you need a juice box while you wait or?

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    Huh? So how do you think they compare then ... I don't like this situation either, I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for a Beta invite ... And NO i don't think they handled the last week of this situation very well..

I'm just purely stating that you can't compare a Early Access Launch of a game to a Beta... You can't ... It's a stupid Comparison. Getting 1million people into your game with 50 servers over the course of a week compared to getting people into Beta servers in Waves.. Which they have obligation to get 1 Million AP holders in at the same time.

Good Try Though.

lol you really need to think about what you are saying. You are basically making my argument for me. You are saying they can't be compared becuase of the number of servers? Who's fault is it that Blizzard used 4 servers when beta went live? They knew months in advance how many people had AP and they put 4 servers out...

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So if ppl didnt get their invite for this 100k wave, now, they have missed out until next wave ? or are they still cycling through ?
    I got mine in first wave, im just wondering when this cycle has ended, as no guildies or friends got theirs yet
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    They said you'll get a chance at Beta, you're getting it.

Eventually.
    They said be opt-in people....which isn't the case.

Do you need a juice box while you wait or?
    Not sure what you are trying to get at here.

Also got in, Have had an active account since day 1 with a small 3 month break in 2009. EU