Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, fine. I simply never bothered to watch Pirates of the Caribbean. Thought they were children's films like Harry Potter. Avoided/no interest.
    They're PG-13. They're family movies.

And are you saying you haven't seen the Harry Potter films? Blasphemer!
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Well, fine. I simply never bothered to watch Pirates of the Caribbean. Thought they were children's films like Harry Potter. Avoided/no interest.
    I had very little interest in the Pirates movies as well,
    I just kind of assumed that everyone on the internet had heard the name "Captain Jack Sparrow" at least a few times. :P

---------- Post added 2012-03-30 at 11:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    They're PG-13. They're family movies.

Oo, oo, I watched some of a harry potter movie!
    I may have walked out of the theatre, however.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    The figures...in the books...that Guild Wars fans read...
    So none. Thanks for the heads up.

Defending the yak (from minotaurs, I presume?) is based on having chosen "cunning" as your most important trait. If you choose "instinct" or "strength" you don't get that quest. The Curse playthrough chose "instinct" and was told to go gather a flower from a grawl cave. I don't recall gathering eggs being part if any personal story, but at any rate the changes only make a difference one at a time, so, yes, if you choose wolf as your patron and someone else chooses raven, but you both chose "cunning" your story will start the same but may branch off later.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I saw like bits of one of them on HBO years ago. Not seen or read anything related to that franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I just kind of assumed that everyone on the internet had heard the name "Captain Jack Sparrow" at least a few times. :P
    Well, I am aware of Johnny Depp as a Pirate. Not like I know it by name or movie reference. I just called him Captain Morgan. XD

Get off my back!

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Thanks for coming here to waste our time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post

Oo, oo, I watched some of a harry potter movie!
    I may have walked out of the theatre, however.
    I am dissappoint.

Then again, it's usually what I do with friends and family...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

This may come to news to you, but just because YOU don't know the lore of something doesn't mean it's not there.
    "Star Wars has major lore figures? I've never seen any of the movies, so I doubt it."
    "Warcraft has major lore figures? I've never played WCIII, so I doubt it."

If you want to use logic like that WoW doesn't have any lore figures either.
    Dont be like that...

I just wanted to know if there was a cliff notes version of the lore (taking 15 hours right now, I cba to read book about videogames atm) that I could get involved in rather quickly.

Dont be so testy man.

If you can't be asked to do research, than you can ask politely. There's no need to be rude in previous posts. -Edge

10+ Year Old Account
    if you ever venture outside of this subforum you will see players with the misconception that GW2 has no story.
    I think the reason for this is primarily because they have never bothered to experience Guild Wars lore at all. Never bothered to touch the original game. And so, basing their opinion entirely on what they know (which is nothing) they believe GW2 has nothing behind it.

It's an easy assumption to make when you're still convinced that Blizzard is the king of everything MMO and that nobody else can hold up a candle to the giant lantern that is WoW, despite the game being 7 years old.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Dont be like that...

I just wanted to know if there was a cliff notes version of the lore (taking 15 hours right now, I cba to read book about videogames atm) that I could get involved in rather quickly.
    You should be more clear as to what you're saying then, because you're coming off as a troll, so you can't blame me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont be like that...

I just wanted to know if there was a cliff notes version of the lore (taking 15 hours right now, I cba to read book about videogames atm)
    GW2 doesn't have a "cliff notes" version any more than WoW possibly could. There's a lot more lore than people expect when they first peek at the game. There's an entire wiki on the world behind Guild Wars 2.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Dont be like that...

Dont be so testy man.
    "Im confused. What lore figures that anyone has ever heard of does guild wars have?"
    The ones in the books.
    "So none. Thanks for the heads up."

Where, exactly, did you ask for anything along the lines of cliff notes?

10+ Year Old Account
    But the latest one has a mermaid who is almost constantly topless.

Dont be like that...

Dont be so testy man.
    Theres the GW2wiki. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_...t_of_the_World

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    But the latest one has a mermaid who is almost constantly topless.
    So Fencers, but with a fish tail.

Thank you very much.

Whatever crawled in the rest of your assholes you should get out. Makes the GW2 "pre-community" look real fucking welcoming.
    I like how you ignore the possibility that perhaps, maybe, your wording came across as aggressive.
    You asked if there were lore figures, we said the books, you said 'so none'.
    And you're surprised we didn't start linking you wikis and giving you hugs and kisses? :P

Thank you very much.

The others can take a lesson on being a welcoming community from you sir.
    You're the one that made a post that came off very sarcastically, like, 'why should anyone care about lore characters that no one has ever heard of? Oh, figures from the books, so there is no lore at all.'

With the way you asked it, you appeared to be a troll, and we don't take kindly to that around here.

If you would have appeared to be genuinely interested, I would have been glad to help. I could have responded to your first post better, but again, you didn't seem like you were honestly interested.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-03-30 at 06:10 PM.