What has changed in two months?

I played SWTOR from release until late January.

I got an Operative to level 50 and did some casual normal mode leveling with my guild on The Swiftsure.

Since being free I played through the entire Mass Effect series and am going to play through KOTOR and Dragonage. I sort of miss SWTOR now. That will probably take me a good month or two to finish.

I know there is a big 1.2 patch set to drop but has anything changed much since I quit? I hear that the Ilum PvP dailies are revamped and instead done in warzones. Are there any other changes? Do folks still have to go through five loading screens to do dailies on Ilum and Belsavis?

I'm also curious about my home server The Swiftsure, as I understand the Aussies and Kiwis have their own servers now. I wonder if the population took a giant nose dive.

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    Do folks still have to go through five loading screens to do dailies on Ilum and Belsavis?
    I think you might be mistaking a cut to black for a few seconds with an actual loading screen. No idea when there was ever "5 loading screens".

As for warzones counting towards ilum dailies, basically each warzone played gives you 3 towards each daily. Regardless if its a win or lose. You can still go out to ilum to complete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starry101 View Post
    I think you might be mistaking a cut to black for a few seconds with an actual loading screen. No idea when there was ever "5 loading screens".
    Fleet to Ilum: Loading screen to enter ship hangar => loading screen to enter ship => loading screen to travel to Ilum => loading screen to exit airlock on to space station => loading screen to get from space station to Ilum.

With the exception of the Fleet hangar, none of the walking I must do is shortcut by riding on my mount.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    IIRC, Oceanic players either got or will get free transfers when those realms open(ed) up.

As for what has changed, you can take a look at the patch notes HERE.

We also have a thread with the patch notes for the upcoming 1.2 HERE. The PTS server forums with discussions are HERE.

There is a nice video of the 1.2 patch as well.

I believe The Swiftsure, although heavy on Aussie pop, is still a heavy population server at peak time, so you shouldn't need to worry about that.

There have been some nice changes (read previous patch note links) and 1.2 brings a metric ton of them. I haven't played a whole lot lately but I am mostly waiting for 1.2, which will hopefully be soon.

Fleet to Ilum: Loading screen to enter ship hangar not a loading screen=> loading screen to enter ship loading screen=> loading screen to travel to Ilum loading screen => loading screen to exit airlock on to space station not a loading screen=> loading screen to get from space station to Ilum not a loading screen.

Again, these cut scenes between transitions are less than 5 seconds of a fade out, they are not actual loading screens. There are only 2 which you actually have to wait for, this is how its always been.

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    I believe The Swiftsure, although heavy on Aussie pop, is still a heavy population server at peak time, so you shouldn't need to worry about that.

There have been some nice changes (read previous patch note links) and 1.2 brings a metric ton of them. I haven't played a whole lot lately but I am mostly waiting for 1.2, which will hopefully be soon.
    I would love to come back for patch 1.3 (when I speculate the really awesome changes will occur, like multi-spec and dungeonfinder). However will Bioware be able to pull that off before Diablo III and GW2 come out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    I wonder if the population took a giant nose dive.
    it did. at least on the EU servers.

Fleet to Ilum: Loading screen to enter ship hangar not a loading screen=> loading screen to enter ship loading screen=> loading screen to travel to Ilum loading screen => loading screen to exit airlock on to space station not a loading screen=> loading screen to get from space station to Ilum not a loading screen.

Again, these cut scenes between transitions are less than 5 seconds of a fade out, they are not actual loading screens. There are only 2 which you actually have to wait for, this is how its always been.
    Semantics aside, they are still unnecessary hindrances that contribute to the game being less fun to play IMHO.

---------- Post added 2012-03-30 at 07:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    it did. at least on the EU servers.
    I only care about The Swiftsure. However when I come back I want to switch factions to Alliance and make a beeline to the largest Alliance population server.

Ability delay is fixed

Illum daillies are redesigned.

There are some class changes like operative nerf , fixing hybrid specs and more is coming at 1.2

Many minor bugs are fixed like not having credit after completing dailly pvp.

PVP itemizations is redesigned.

Surge is nerfed.

Its almost 30 patches and many more changes inc at 1.2.

for detailed info
    http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes
    Last edited by kijthae; 2012-03-30 at 07:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice news... I've been sitting on the sidelines, waiting for a decent patch. 1.2 sounds promising.

After reading through some of the updates coming.. 1.2 is massive !! You could spend a week just reading over it all...
    Last edited by catgirl; 2012-03-30 at 08:16 PM.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
    Nice news... I've been sitting on the sidelines, waiting for a decent patch. 1.2 sounds promising.

After reading through some of the updates coming.. 1.2 is massive !! You could spend a week just reading over it all...
    Tell me about it. Arlee has been awesome enough to compile the patch notes fo us here on MMOC.

You may call them 'happy fun time blank screens" but the fact remains that they are unnecessary and useless. I played for three months and this was one of the things I hated the most. I have my personal ship that i can't even land where I want. If I remember correctly in actual star wars, ships are able to land on planets, so it's also inaccurate from a lore point.

Deleted
    Those things that made the game pretty bad are fixed now.

But there is still missing that thing, that holds the players. And the numbers of players are going down pretty fast at the moment, lot of servers are dead.