Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post
    Both of you are 100% correct. For some reason, i cant even speak about this game without complete disdain coming out of my mouth (or fingers in this case). My apologies if i offended either of you with my tactless remarks.
    No offense taken. I'm just sure I'm not the only person tired of people just coming in and bashing the game, founded or unfounded, without actually contributing. There are plenty of ways to express discontent without just bashing, as we do see some people do here. But that's not what this thread is about and we should keep it on topic.

Both of you are 100% correct. For some reason, i cant even speak about this game without complete disdain coming out of my mouth (or fingers in this case). My apologies if i offended either of you with my tactless remarks.
    Yea I'm not really offended I just don't see what purpose it serves to get so vitriolic about the game. Is it cathartic? Does it provide you with some release?
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-04-01 at 10:07 PM.

From playing on the ptr, the legacy system seems to me to be very over-hyped, and extremely under-delivered. it has so many restrictions and rules, it needs to be renamed the fallacy system. Had 3 days left on my 90 days prepaid time from launch, and the ptr sold me on the fact that i would never be coming back to this game.

If only the market wasn't saturated with people quitting the game, i could possibly sell the account and regain my losses for investing in this hunk of junk. (Apologies to anyone ahead of time who is really enjoying swtor, but this is a forum, for posting our opinions.)
    Hopefully you played on the fatman. That server is too damn full.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Yea I'm not really offended I just don't see what purpose it serves to get so vitriolic about the game. Is it cathartic? Does it provide you with some release?
    I guess in some ways it does. I spent a few years waiting on this game, and to invest so much into it and have it turn out like this (to me personally) really left a poor taste in my mouth. So in some ways, it is a release, albeit a nonconstructive one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Hopefully you played on the fatman. That server is too damn full.
    Lol, actually i did.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    This is something that really puts me off and makes pvp out in the open imbalanced . Im not sure I would come back to the game because of this.
    You're assuming Open world PvP was at all balanced to begin with.

I guess in some ways it does. I spent a few years waiting on this game, and to invest so much into it and have it turn out like this (to me personally) really left a poor taste in my mouth. So in some ways, it is a release, albeit a nonconstructive one.

Lol, actually i did.
    I did to but I also paid attention to its development and have ZERO surprises or illusions about the state its in for good or bad. It's as if this game was developed in a vacuum and nobody paid attention to it and are now OGM WTF SHOCK! It's exactly what they said it would be a classic mmo experience married with their panache for story telling.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    PvP out in the open is never balanced, so if this puts you off then you were never in.
    Quote of the century, right there.

I'm half tempted to put that in my sig.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Sahdiss View Post
    Not only will Legacy unlocks let you decrease the CD of HC moment, but also let you increase it's active duration.
    Up to a 1 minute duration increase and up to a 5 minute CD reduction. So at most you can use your Legacy abilities in a 2 minute window out of every 15.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    World pvp might be dead in the games you play or the servers you play them on but thats not true of all games and servers. Just today I did a world pvp event that had over 300 ppl on it from both sides with a few others frapsing and viewing the fight. True things like that are few and far between sometimes but it sill happens in a smaller scale often.

As far as SWTOR specific world pvp its never going to be really big on pve servers since there arent capitol cities that can really be attacked or places to fight in that are really far out of the way. With how long any response team would be the attacks would be over in most places. The best we can hope for it pvp by the world bosses on each planet and that rarely happens since most servers have huge faction ballance issues or just low population issues.

It can happen, but its rare and usually organized, the affect of the legacy system is none in the grand scale of "world pvp"

Give me Juggernaut leap on my Operative kkthx bai !