Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How is your server world pvp?

So let me start off by saying that one of the reasons I left the game like 2 months ago was that there wasnt so much wpvp on my server (Ven Zallow) . I made the stupid mistake of rolling on a NA server while Im from Europe. I was tired of playing with europeans in WoW so I switched. Bad ideea.

So first off if someone is from Ven Zallow , can you please let me know if the server's population has been getting better and if the wpvp has been getting better?

I want to come back to the game but im not really sure , I left due to being bored at about lvl 43, maybe I should have lvled to 50 to see the end game.

Feel free to post your server's wpvp status guys!

If you mean by World PVP you mean Ilum?

Then it doesnt mater since Ilum is getting phased out in 1.2 becuase of the obvious horrible design.

Deleted
    Not only Ilum, wpvp on all the planets where Empire and Rep could meet

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    Not only Ilum, wpvp on all the planets where Empire and Rep could meet
    other than tattoine there is no world pvp unless you are on pvp server, all the planets are phased at least from what i see.

my repub trooper did balmorra at 38-40 something and my sorc did it at 16 or so. not exactly a good way of mixing up the pvp

My server is completely dead, so there's no world pvp on my server :/

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I encountered some wPvP on Alderaan in the crossover areas and on Tatooine. Other than that, Reps are outnumbered on Ilum pretty bad. I haven't bothered to go there in some time due to the technical issues though.

Reps arent outnumbered in alot of servers, alot of European PVP servers have good balance of numbers

Hoth and once on alderran were the only times I ever saw any republic. Whipped some smarmy guardian's ass who was 6 lvls above me first time I saw anybody at lvl 30.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Shitty.

I've played on two PvE and one PvP servers each for atleast 60 hours a piece. (50 kellers void pub, 42 nadds sarcaphogus imp, 2 on pub Mind Trick.) On each of these I'll ask almost any play I come across if they want to duel. So far in 3 months I've gotten exactly 2 duels.

Why don't people want to pvp and get better at going 1v1 with a specific class?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    Why don't people want to pvp and get better at going 1v1 with a specific class?
    I know that my personal stance on it is that you are rarely ever in a 1v1 situation in the WZs. In the event that you are, support is going to be there in about 5 seconds so that you never need a full duel. There really is no reason to go 1v1 in TOR unless you like to gank.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    I know that my personal stance on it is that you are rarely ever in a 1v1 situation in the WZs. In the event that you are, support is going to be there in about 5 seconds so that you never need a full duel. There really is no reason to go 1v1 in TOR unless you like to gank.
    While I respect that, generally it's the same thing in WoW. Rarely will it be 1v1 in a battleground without someone else running up to support one side or another. I like to use duels to see how people will react to general situations. (whether or not someone trinkets the first stun or if they wait for full resolve.) When you can understand what the other person is going to do before they know then you have won the battle.

Deleted
    I would love to see Bioware support 1v1 more

Balancing a game around 1v1 makes it nearly impossible to balance large scale battle ground type pvp. completely balanced for 1v1 also means every class has to have a copy of every type of ability...I'd rather have unique stuff and let the dueling be a sideshow.

I encountered very little world PvP while leveling on my decently populated server(Rakata Mind Prison). It is a PvP server and we were looking for it. The major problem with world PvP is that there is very little overlap of leveling areas for opposite factions. In some of the later planets, the class phases are in the same area, but they are phases, so once you go into yours you have no way of knowing if they are heading into or coming out of theirs. It's really poor design to promote world PvP. I really don't understand the separation of leveling zones at all in the later levels. After level 20 or 30 or so, we should have been leveling in the same areas for increased interaction with the opposing faction. Just another example of BW not having a clue about MMO design.

Deleted
    Trayus Academy has no world PvP now...

But then again, that doesn't really bother me... Turns out when all my mates do a warzone we get 5 then /troll all game for more Valor!

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    other than tattoine there is no world pvp unless you are on pvp server, all the planets are phased at least from what i see.

my repub trooper did balmorra at 38-40 something and my sorc did it at 16 or so. not exactly a good way of mixing up the pvp
    this is why the game is boring as fuck.

Deleted
    On Darth Nihilus (French PVP server), I have encountered maybe a dozen Republicans on each planet while levelling my first character. You do have to go out and look for them though, as questing hubs are segregated between Republic and Empire. As far as I can remember, Tattoine, Nar Shada and Belsavis were the planets where most of the world PVP happened.
    So, as a conclusion, probably more WPVP than you guys, but close to non existant nevertheless...

World pvp is stupid anyway. no one's going to gank anyone unless they have a clear advantage, and if they lose that advantage they'll just run away.
    all you're doing is annoying people trying to quest. There's no valor gained for killing anyone in world pvp anyway, it's a waste of time.

People have this utopian idea of an open world pvp game where everyone wants to pvp and everyone is on a clear playing field. Look what happened to ilum, people are just going to exploit to get what they want. The idea of world pvp is a myth.

In the end, people say they want to pvp, but what that means to most people is destroying noobs. To most people, if you aren't invincible and mowing down hundreds of people, you aren't having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post
    World pvp is stupid anyway. no one's going to gank anyone unless they have a clear advantage, and if they lose that advantage they'll just run away.
    all you're doing is annoying people trying to quest. There's no valor gained for killing anyone in world pvp anyway, it's a waste of time.

People have this utopian idea of an open world pvp game where everyone wants to pvp and everyone is on a clear playing field. Look what happened to ilum, people are just going to exploit to get what they want. The idea of world pvp is a myth.

In the end, people say they want to pvp, but what that means to most people is destroying noobs. To most people, if you aren't invincible and mowing down hundreds of people, you aren't having fun.
    If you play on a PvE server then I will agree with you. However, I play on a PvP server to run across level appropriate PvP as I am leveling, and like that feeling of having to watch my back as I am questing. That aspect still exists in WoW and was totally missing from SWTOR. I never felt like I had to watch my back, though I did, and I think I killed a total 4 people whilst leveling.

The people who know what thwey are doing go Republic, theres more sith to kill than republic, easier to find targets.