Shadowflame suggestion (thoughts?)

So I recently posted on the PTR forums a suggestion for Shadowflame to be made into a root
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9377367672

I'm curious as to what my fellow PvP warlocks think about the idea.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Maybe, b/c as it is now, it's probably not as good as either SF or MC. A 50% slow isn't going to help get melee off fast enough, especially when, chances are, you've also got a slow on you from some warrior, mage, etc. Especially for Afflocks and CoEx (which I believe is a 70% slow). Perhaps even a short root then a slow.

Deleted
    Sounds like a good idea, as the guy in the thread mentioned, the CD would have to be adjusted. Ideally, something like a cone-based Void Tentacles might be interesting, but by then you're only really paying lip-service to the old Breath of Gul'dan spell and may as well change it's name and such.

Deleted
    why play pvp in pve game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do
    Not

They should just buff the slow to 70%. Everyone and their mom has roots already, adding another one to the pack is just going to fuck DR up even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would also want it to be cast from your character, and not where you are when you press it. Unless that has changed already, haven't checked PTR since first week it was up.

Deleted
    I'm not sure about a root, that would still need to be fairly lengthy imo to compete with the AOE stun or terror / heal that the others give.

I certainly think it needs something done to it to make it attractive, but I'm not sure what.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Do
    Not

They should just buff the slow to 70%. Everyone and their mom has roots already, adding another one to the pack is just going to fuck DR up even more.
    DR is already fucked up, though lol. That can't really be helped 'til next xpak where I HOPE they'll be removing CC from all talent trees and just be giving each class 1 (maaaaaybe 2, big maybe) baseline CC. I'm just not seeing how a slow can compete with an aoe stun or a havoc'd cc-heal. I guess it might be decent for a demo lock - aoe slow > knockback, but the discussion really always backtracks to the fact we already have ways to slow our attackers.
    Last edited by Shadowygoodness; 2013-06-26 at 03:27 PM.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Deleted
    It's pretty awful visually, it was much better before when it was coming out of the character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    DR is already fucked up, though lol.
    True, but nonetheless, unless you are playing with something silly as ret-lock-holy, it's better to have a 70% slow over a root. I'd say 70% slow > root > 50% slow, hence why they need to buff it from 50 to 70

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    True, but nonetheless, unless you are playing with something silly as ret-lock-holy, it's better to have a 70% slow over a root. I'd say 70% slow > root > 50% slow, hence why they need to buff it from 50 to 70
    I'd still be baffled by anyone who took that over the other two options, slow or snare are both (mostly) limited to melee protection, even without it contending with the other slows it'd have a hard time, when you add in the fact it requires melee range and it's competing with afflictions on demand COE, destructions semi-regular conflag, it's having a hard time selling itself.

Unless they really crank it up, increasing the slow and / or duration to a decent amount and then either slapping a silence on it or something else to compensate for it's overlap with existing tools / melee range requirements, I really don't see it being able to compete with the rest of the tier.