Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteshizzle View Post
    It doesn't really become news worthy until it gains popularity. It would have been better to just post in on the related forums (Elitist Jerks DK Forum, MMO-Champ's DK forum, etc) and if people find it useful it will spread.
    I did post on many forums : (

why are people always instantly offended when somebody isnt interested in what they "achieved" ?

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    Got any numbers or, honestly...any sort of proof to back this statement up?

And I read your wall a few times front to back. I still can't see why you made this thread. You contacted MMO-Champion for 'any help whatsoever', and they didn't reply. They're not in the 'helping people write programs' business. I'm not sure what you expected them to do, really.

All in all, this seems like a 'hey guys look at what I did give me attention' thread.
    I am only talking in the simcraft community and I am talking effort / person. I stand by those words 'cause anyone that put in more of an effort should be locked up.

---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 01:02 PM ----------

And I read your wall a few times front to back. I still can't see why you made this thread. You contacted MMO-Champion for 'any help whatsoever', and they didn't reply. They're not in the 'helping people write programs' business. I'm not sure what you expected them to do, really.

All in all, this seems like a 'hey guys look at what I did give me attention' thread.
    To be honest I would prefer to my title to say that they (may) have dropped the ball that would have been MUCH more appropriate. You are 100% correct except for the attention now. Honestly if this thing goes viral I will delete the posts ROFL. I don't want the attention. I just want to make a point and maybe somewhere out in the universe it will make a diffrence to a mosquito on another planet. I felt I was pretty overwhelmingly powerful in my support of mmo-champion (that was my intention).

All I see is an attention-whore, yelling:

"See what an obnoxiously useless yet glamorous tool I made, which has many other alternatives, but MMO-C didn't make a debut for mine contrary to their debuts of some other useless add-ons"

...and a terribly compiled post.

Regarding, the "more effort" part, I have actually spent more effort, however, I tend to keep it to myself, and only talk about the results.

Infracted. Don't call someome an attention-whore

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo View Post
    Impressive work, but..........

this will probably be a valuable lesson in life to you.

You put an intense amount of effort into a project that would only appeal to an extremely tiny amount of people.

Just goes to prove one of my lifes learnt lessons.....

Hard work doesn't pay off unless its actually useful to lots of people, or at least one person who is going to pay alot of money for it.
    You are exactly right wooshiewoo and I have learned from it. And I do mean that in a positive way : )

---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    If you're to lazy to read a post, don't bother replying. People like "omg hur hur hur long post china LAWL" should be banned permanently.

On topic:

Really intruiged about the application Is there anywhere where I can view it?
    The dl link is on my youtube post I certainly am not advertising it (anwyhere) lol

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo View Post
    Knowing how to be technically creative isnt worth alot of money unless you know how to make it useful to people.

I applaud your effort and technical expertise, but as a DK, i struggle to find how your remarkables efforts would actually be useful to me.

The gear that drops for my DK when i raid is outside of my control, i just aim for what EJ says is best in slot for me and continue to play my DK in the exact same way as always.

Whilst your program might be able to provide some interesting stats and facts for me about various types of gear, the simple fact remains that it wouldnt alter how i played my DK.

Thus, as a player, its not very useful.

If you went to a theorycrafting site like EJ and said to them "I can make your jobs alot easier, i will let you use my program, and in return i want 2% of your advertisement revenue", you might be able to make some money from it or at the very least, know it is being used by somebody that will find it useful.

Good luck on your next venture, i hope your efforts are focused into something that a community of people will find extremely useful and that you make a tonne of money from it
    Thanks again that is the kind of constructive criticism from people that are "more in the know" than myself. If most people find this a "hey look at me" or attention getting post I will delete it. That was not my intention. Figuring out where I went wrong is a big part of what I'm not sure about but I agree with most of what you said. If you can learn from your mistakes it only makes you stronger /cliche.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beastsdruid View Post
    Hey guys my name is Chef Ramsay of Stormreaver-US. I spent thousands of hours over a 2.5 year period working on a tool for Death Knights at my job mainly where I work overnight. It could really be called 2 tools as my wotlk version and my cata version were extremely different. I wanted the tool to be unique in its presentation. I wanted the tool to be sophisticated to the point that it didn't give arbitrary (or opinionated) ratings for things but actually had everything built in to simulate anything that WoW could throw at you in a real-time simulator/optimizer. I finished it (the PvP 1/2 of the program) and man it felt good after all that hard work. Here is my youtube video in which I demonstrated the tool (it's long but if you skip through it in 5% incremets you get the idea in 2m) search for "ramsay-dk" on youtube.
    I contacted a couple important people @ mmo-champion and asked for any support whatsoever. Sadly not even a reply. A straight up no would at least have been 50% better. This tool attempted to do so many things that no other tool similar to it even tried to do (as far as I know). Full PvP / PvE (PvE version was 80% done when PvP demo was released), All Specs, very nice looking GUI with hand crafted custom wow graphics (for those with a keen eye especially). The eyes of the death knight icons, the "custom" back slot icon when you have no cloak equipped (the game re-uses the chest icon which wasn't acceptible to me lol). The fact that every single aspect of the program was linked to everything. The program had every stat for every class / spec at any MMR rating built in. It also had the % distribution of all classes / specs (and even races although that was hidden) built in at every MMR individually for 2's, 3's, 5's, RBG's. It had all the estimated dmg types by % of every class and also how many avg. dots / direct spellls, attacks etc. would hit you (on avg.) in any PvP scenario. It knew (to the best possible prediction) that in a 3's match at 1600 MMR that you could expect 42% of the dmg done to you to be melee dmg, 20.5% to be shadow dmg etc. etc. (these aren't real #'s) by combining class / spec distribution % by their dmg types, expertise, hit rating (and everything else). Sadly I expected at least a sentence of support from my favourite news site (mmo-champion still is). Something like a 1 liner "holy crap check out the herculean effort that this guy put into this dk sim" would have easily done the trick.
    When I finished my PvP 1/2 of the program I wanted to take a couple week break as it was intense programming / graphics / charts for a long period of time. I truly thought that with my youtube video it would at least draw enough support from a wow news site or from the WoW community. I was grossly mistaken. Once I realized that nobody anywhere would really support it enough to give it one sentence I got disingenuined entirely.
    Whether you like it or not this was one of the largest efforts of anyone in the WoW community (a solo effort entirely) ever made - period. Fortunately I enjoy working on these things lol or it would be REALLY depressing. I'm doing just fine lol. My point for this post is not to QQ but just to say that I really thought that my tool deserved more recognition than it got (which was none). I strongly support other individuals efforts /applaud their efforts such individuals as the creators of Rawr and Kahorie's DK simulator. The great news is I've been able to play the game and enjoy it more : )
    That will be my last WoW program outside of simple (but powerful) tools which I will use for my own toon and buds : ( I'm gonna start programming apps instead : ) It really hurts because my PvE section was also extremely sophisticated. It knew what dmg types you would get hit by as well according to the boss and also how many times you would get hit by spells (for both MT, OT and melee dps separately). Very nice looking section that you clicked on a picture of the instance and it would zoom in to show all the bosses and show all dk loot / ratings that dropped in the raid (had ALL dungeons/heroics as well!). Then if you clicked on a boss it would zoom in and show his loot table and ratings in red / green for all things you wanted to know (whether it was survival, mitigation, single-target dps burst dps or multi-target dps. Sorry it didn't work out guys : ( I still <3 mmo-champion's site and its nothing personal I just hope that in the future if someone does something this unique and this daunting as a SOLO effort that they give him/her more recognition : ) It does help to keep the drive alive ya know : P Chef Ramsay out! I'm never going in the f$%^ing kitchen again lol. <3
    So basicly, your complaint is that people didn't give you enough attention? Seems you didn't do this for the community at all. Add to that that you consider yourself to have done more for the community then anyone else with "largest efforts of anyone in the WoW community", and I think you have your problem right there.
    Maybe you should've just tried to make a thread that demonstrates your program. A proper post with images and in-depth explanations. A wall of text is just daunting and discouraging.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2012-03-31 at 01:18 PM.

I would rather see more of this and what other people do than frontpage news like The daily blink which imo is a load of utter unfunny garbage, so imo if they plaster that stuff on front page i dotn see why they shouldnt post things like op does, but i guess unless your MOP news, paragon news or some random nobody that likes to solo stuff you dont seem to have a chance.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did post on many forums : (
    Then it wasn't something people liked. How hard is that to understand? Your program isn't needed or wanted.
    It's not about how people aren't accepting your "amazing work", it's that your program fills no nieche that needed to be filled. It's an excess. Not needed. Not wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    So basicly, your complaint is that people didn't give you enough attention? Seems you didn't do this for the community at all. Add to that that you consider yourself to have done more for the community then anyone else with "largest efforts of anyone in the WoW community", and I think you have your problem right there.
    Maybe you should've just tried to make a thread that demonstrates your program. A proper post with images and in-depth explanations. A wall of text is just daunting and discouraging.
    preeeetty much this^^

@OP: you are complaining about mmoc not telling us about your program and how awesome it is and how awesome you are for having made it "for the community", instead of actually giving said community a good, indepth look at your program. that speeks for itself, imo.
    Last edited by Sy; 2012-03-31 at 01:23 PM.

Unless I'm missing something (I skipped through parts of the video), I'm not sure you should call it a simulator. A simulator tries to repeat the behavior of something else, i.e. WoW. Even though that behavior may not be exactly like the target behavior, it should give an idea of how it behaves. I believe what you built is a fancy spreedsheet, but in a dedicated program instead of Calc/Excel. There are good spreedsheets around, and one should not reinvent the wheel. You should find what you can do that others do not. Now, a real time simulator of WoW would be something else. Maybe you can make some changes to your program and do that

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Then it wasn't something people liked. How hard is that to understand? Your program isn't needed or wanted.
    It's not about how people aren't accepting your "amazing work", it's that your program fills no nieche that needed to be filled. It's an excess. Not needed. Not wanted.
    Your 100% right lol. It was an excess (some sections more than others). Thx again please guys bang away at all the mistakes I made it is helping lol.

So, can you please explain to me the point of this thing you've created? I don't actually understand it's purpose for existing.

I guess this guy deserves 5 lines in front page. I doubt he can prove his statement but I bet he put massive amount of work to it and best part is it's non-commercial so this guy srsly deserves a better attitude from mmchampers as well.

This guy wrote a freakin' program spread over several years that can simulate anything you need to optimize a Deathknight, ANYTHING!!! No other person has made something as useful as that before and what...MMO-C doesn't even bat an eye lid, not even a reply or anything, not an oh cool look at that good for you. No, nothing. It is a thread asking for attention because the effort put into the program bloody well deserves some recognition.

Either way, this program is interesting news to DK's, it's the go to thing for DK's to optimize themselves now...I just- I just don't get how stuck up people can be on here. The guy accomplished something great.

OP good on you, ignore the mentally challenged people on here, job well done and keep it up! /tiphat /clap

10+ Year Old Account

Here is a video showing his program, and while i have to admit it has an insane amount of features for sure.

And it for him would be nice to get some attention for such a program. I also have to admit you cant ask MMO-champion to advertise this for you. The best you could try is something at wow.joystiq.com there are specific UI things where you can submit your entry. And a program like this surely will turn some heads if it functions properly.

My best bet is, create a site for the program. Promote it maybe with some sort of addon integration (for example a way to upload the information through a file to the addon to show the information in game). And finally promote it with sites like wow.joystiq.com post it on the death knight section post it in the addon section of sites etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    preeeetty much this^^

@OP: you are complaining about mmoc not telling us about your program and how awesome it is and how awesome you are for having made it "for the community", instead of actually giving said community a good, indepth look at your program. that speeks for itself, imo.
    LOL that is not even close to how I feel. If my post led you to think that then obviously I was thinking with my heart far too much when I typed it out. TBH I haven't read it a 2nd time lol I'm going for a smoke b4 I do so. I'm not trying to hide anything it IS depressing when you work on anything that hard and its unsuccessful. The key is picking yourself back up and figuring out wtf you did wrong. I'm going to delete this post shortly. I DO NOT want the attention whatsoever lol. When I put my youtube vid up I DID want it to get attention. When I read some of the quotes of my own post it is making me nauseous lol - I APOLOGIZE APPARENTLY I SPOKE WAY TOO MUCH FROM THE HEART. I did say it was ONE of the most ambitious projects for a solo effort (paraphrasing).

10+ Year Old Account
    whats so good about it? its a simulator for pvp...so it tells you ... to get spell pen cap...hit cap...etc? i dont understand the purpose of it...

Now after completely admitting to a horribly formatted, awful, QQ, terribad post any more CONSTRUCTIVE critisism or any good recommendations. I plan on continuing working on computer role playing games in some way. How hard is it to learn how to program iPads?
    Last edited by beastsdruid; 2012-03-31 at 01:38 PM.

I'm gonna start programming apps instead : )
    "Apple/Google don't sponsor my application OMG OMG OMG" thread incoming. Dude u just meh.

I think i'll report u.

Know WHAT? U'll get your attention

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-03-31 at 05:12 PM.