Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beastsdruid View Post
    LOL that is not even close to how I feel. If my post led you to think that then obviously I was thinking with my heart far too much when I typed it out. TBH I haven't read it a 2nd time lol I'm going for a smoke b4 I do so. I'm not trying to hide anything it IS depressing when you work on anything that hard and its unsuccessful. The key is picking yourself back up and figuring out wtf you did wrong. I'm going to delete this post shortly. I DO NOT want the attention whatsoever lol. When I put my youtube vid up I DID want it to get attention. When I read some of the quotes of my own post it is making me nauseous lol - I APOLOGIZE APPARENTLY I SPOKE WAY TOO MUCH FROM THE HEART. I did say it was ONE of the most ambitious projects for a solo effort (paraphrasing).
    yeah, i do know how nice it is to see your hard work appreciated, i guess most of us do. i can see how it's depressing not to have it appreciated after all that work.

in any case, good luck with it in the future and props for taking all the (negative) feedback the way you do!

Quote Originally Posted by retpalguy View Post
    This guy wrote a freakin' program spread over several years that can simulate anything you need to optimize a Deathknight, ANYTHING!!! No other person has made something as useful as that before and what...MMO-C doesn't even bat an eye lid, not even a reply or anything, not an oh cool look at that good for you. No, nothing. It is a thread asking for attention because the effort put into the program bloody well deserves some recognition.

Either way, this program is interesting news to DK's, it's the go to thing for DK's to optimize themselves now...I just- I just don't get how stuck up people can be on here. The guy accomplished something great.

OP good on you, ignore the mentally challenged people on here, job well done and keep it up! /tiphat /clap
    Thanks so much retpalguy its amazing one voice of support can go a LONG way : ) appreciate it a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best tip is try to:

Addons are what we do on Addon Spotlight. If you're new to mods, Addons 101 will walk you through the basics; see what other players are doing at Reader UI of the Week. If there's a mod you think Addon Spotlight should take a look at, email mat@wowinsider.com.
    Or try to contact the DK blogger directly: http://wow.joystiq.com/bloggers/daniel-whitcomb/

For the rest you could try to post it in the addons section/ create an own sit like mentioned before.

this was one of the largest efforts of anyone in the WoW community (a solo effort entirely) ever made - period.
    haha, thanks for the laugh. maybe you should step down from your high horse, i'm sure your tool is nothing special.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-03-31 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys my name is Chef Ramsay of Stormreaver-US. I spent thousands of hours over a 2.5 year period working on a tool for Death Knights at my job mainly where I work overnight. It could really be called 2 tools as my wotlk version and my cata version were extremely different. I wanted the tool to be unique in its presentation. I wanted the tool to be sophisticated to the point that it didn't give arbitrary (or opinionated) ratings for things but actually had everything built in to simulate anything that WoW could throw at you in a real-time simulator/optimizer. I finished it (the PvP 1/2 of the program) and man it felt good after all that hard work. Here is my youtube video in which I demonstrated the tool (it's long but if you skip through it in 5% incremets you get the idea in 2m) search for "ramsay-dk" on youtube.
    I contacted a couple important people @ mmo-champion and asked for any support whatsoever. Sadly not even a reply. A straight up no would at least have been 50% better. This tool attempted to do so many things that no other tool similar to it even tried to do (as far as I know). Full PvP / PvE (PvE version was 80% done when PvP demo was released), All Specs, very nice looking GUI with hand crafted custom wow graphics (for those with a keen eye especially). The eyes of the death knight icons, the "custom" back slot icon when you have no cloak equipped (the game re-uses the chest icon which wasn't acceptible to me lol). The fact that every single aspect of the program was linked to everything. The program had every stat for every class / spec at any MMR rating built in. It also had the % distribution of all classes / specs (and even races although that was hidden) built in at every MMR individually for 2's, 3's, 5's, RBG's. It had all the estimated dmg types by % of every class and also how many avg. dots / direct spellls, attacks etc. would hit you (on avg.) in any PvP scenario. It knew (to the best possible prediction) that in a 3's match at 1600 MMR that you could expect 42% of the dmg done to you to be melee dmg, 20.5% to be shadow dmg etc. etc. (these aren't real #'s) by combining class / spec distribution % by their dmg types, expertise, hit rating (and everything else). Sadly I expected at least a sentence of support from my favourite news site (mmo-champion still is). Something like a 1 liner "holy crap check out the herculean effort that this guy put into this dk sim" would have easily done the trick.
    When I finished my PvP 1/2 of the program I wanted to take a couple week break as it was intense programming / graphics / charts for a long period of time. I truly thought that with my youtube video it would at least draw enough support from a wow news site or from the WoW community. I was grossly mistaken. Once I realized that nobody anywhere would really support it enough to give it one sentence I got disingenuined entirely.
    Whether you like it or not this was one of the largest efforts of anyone in the WoW community (a solo effort entirely) ever made - period. Fortunately I enjoy working on these things lol or it would be REALLY depressing. I'm doing just fine lol. My point for this post is not to QQ but just to say that I really thought that my tool deserved more recognition than it got (which was none). I strongly support other individuals efforts /applaud their efforts such individuals as the creators of Rawr and Kahorie's DK simulator. The great news is I've been able to play the game and enjoy it more : )
    That will be my last WoW program outside of simple (but powerful) tools which I will use for my own toon and buds : ( I'm gonna start programming apps instead : ) It really hurts because my PvE section was also extremely sophisticated. It knew what dmg types you would get hit by as well according to the boss and also how many times you would get hit by spells (for both MT, OT and melee dps separately). Very nice looking section that you clicked on a picture of the instance and it would zoom in to show all the bosses and show all dk loot / ratings that dropped in the raid (had ALL dungeons/heroics as well!). Then if you clicked on a boss it would zoom in and show his loot table and ratings in red / green for all things you wanted to know (whether it was survival, mitigation, single-target dps burst dps or multi-target dps. Sorry it didn't work out guys : ( I still <3 mmo-champion's site and its nothing personal I just hope that in the future if someone does something this unique and this daunting as a SOLO effort that they give him/her more recognition : ) It does help to keep the drive alive ya know : P Chef Ramsay out! I'm never going in the f$%^ing kitchen again lol. <3

TL;DR: I did something and I'm pissed nobody cares.

Ironically enough..you did it again....with this post.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    haha, thanks for the laugh. maybe you should step down from your high horse, i'm sure your tool is nothing special.
    I regret that line lol. If I had read through my post a 2nd time that wouldn't have survived editing. In fact......

So correct me if i'm wrong.

You made a tool for simcrafting for dk's because you enjoy doing it. And now you're upset that a particular site dint say "WOW! GJ!"
    ?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The important thing to keep in mind is that MMO-Champion isn't here to make addons popular, when they highlight an addon it's usually from the standpoint of reporting on what has become popular. They'll feature an addon on the main page of the site when they're getting mail from dozens-hundreds of people saying "Have you seen this, it's awesome", not when the creator says "Hey, feature my stuff!".

Find ways to convince people that using your addon either gives them something useful they can't get elsewhere, or gives them something in a form they prefer to what they can get elsewhere, and if enough people start making enough of a buzz about it you'll get the response you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you play a level 80 druid on stormreaver, why'd you build a program to sim DKs?
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

You guys have convinced me. I have learned more from your criticism in the last hour than you can imagine lol. Thankyou. My post should have been titled "I dropped the ball and mmo-champion refused to advertise (something that's not for sale) that was preposterously overcomplex, over the top and poorly envisioned " /sorryimtoobusyeatingcrow
    There were a dozen or so individuals that <3 the program tremendously btw and sent me thx.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at your video again I cant make it half way, you try to make this super program to calculate the most impossible and random sequences of events, why? What is the point of the program? Rawr and Kahories were for PvE not PvP. If you were to focus your attention and skills into a relevant and practical simulation program I am sure people would have helped you had they had the ability, but if I knew how to do whatever programming your doing and you asked me to help with a PVP simulator, I wouldn't answer back either.

You really just put your skills into the wrong place, it is like you can shit gold but you just took a dump into a volcano.

I've seen a thread about "Ramsay-DK" before, so I'm not sure if you are trying to say you asked them to advertise or whatever first? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Muraza View Post
    Looking at your video again I cant make it half way, you try to make this super program to calculate the most impossible and random sequences of events, why? What is the point of the program? Rawr and Kahories were for PvE not PvP. If you were to focus your attention and skills into a relevant and practical simulation program I am sure people would have helped you had they had the ability, but if I knew how to do whatever programming your doing and you asked me to help with a PVP simulator, I wouldn't answer back either.

You really just put your skills into the wrong place, it is like you can shit gold but you just took a dump into a volcano.
    agreed - any ideas lol so I don't make the same mistake twice lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    agreed - any ideas lol so I don't make the same mistake twice lol.
    I cannot really make sense of what you said just there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    I had a nice laugh at your mage aswell. Best joke EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Muraza View Post
    I cannot really make sense of what you said just there.
    I'm just saying my program was NOT successful. I plan on continue working on something else just as passionately but I definitely want to learn from my mistakes. I have a family of 6 to support. My goal was to create something that was semi-successful at least that I could proudly say on a resume "I created that and I'm proud of it". I still feel that way and I have my youtube video to remind me (if nobody else) that I did create something special (even if I'm the only one that thinks that).

Deleted
    Abort your new baby and try again. Hell, in a thousand hours, you could have hacked MMO and made them post whatever you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP The whole thing looked good but I am pretty sure a simulation program pvp is not possible. With all you had in there you could have a reputable PvE simulator if you are able to tweak whatever needs to be changed.

Deleted
    As much as I was put off by your clearly "higher than thou" - attitude in the post I gave your video a look, and I must say you've certainly gone through a great deal of trouble putting that together and for that I salute you. But as others have said, MMO-Champion really doesn't recognize anything until it has gained a certain amount of popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    As much as I was put off by your clearly "higher than thou" - attitude in the post I gave your video a look, and I must say you've certainly gone through a great deal of trouble putting that together and for that I salute you. But as others have said, MMO-Champion really doesn't recognize anything until it has gained a certain amount of popularity.
    I couldn't agree more after skimming through my post a 2nd time I removed the "higher than thou" bs. You are also totally right that mmo.champion is a NEWS site and they are based on stuff that has already been successful or popular. I was completely wrong to expect otherwise. I'll admit when I'm wrong.