Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Got into BETA today, Let all you know now, You should not be excited

Well, signed up for annual pass on within minutes of them announcing it , Had my account since first day of vanilla, over the moon when my beta came thru this morning. Downloaded 17gb and logged in.

Its laggy, the first 3 quests are impossible to click almost due to the amount of people crowding around npcs and items, did i mention its laggy.
    For those waiting on the beta, you are not missing anything.
    Last edited by Meatz; 2012-03-31 at 03:02 PM.

So the Beta is a Beta and not a full game? Colour me shocked.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Personally i would wait a few days after an invite wave until i start, there's no need to rush during beta.

Sounds like you expected a finished game; oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta? Not running like a live game? WHAT IS THIS NEW CONCEPT! I have never head of such a thing!
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Blizz should hand all AP holders their inv RIGHT NOW. Betas are unstable, and with so many people it will be unplayable, so many will just leave and make it testable.

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

You must be new to the concept of "beta"...

To anyone else that knows the fact of beta access, you should absolutely log in and see the immensely beautiful starting zone, and listen to the music etc. Its beautiful.

Yes, the starting zone is laggy, but if you expected anything else, you would be naive

10+ Year Old Account
    There's more than just 3 quests to do in the entire beta.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, no shit it's laggy, over 200k people just got invites in the last two days. The beta is brand new so everyone that got an invite and is all 'OMG BETA!!!!!!' is probably playing it and clogging things up. That said, it's a beta. It is not a sneak preview of the next expansion. It will be buggy, laggy, crowded, and unstable, especially because the amount of content is still very limited so everyone is all in the same places as everyone else.

This is not out of the ordinary at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't even play for a day and you're already saying it's the worst beta you've played?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ajamu/advanced <---- That's my DK right over there.

@ OP and everyone else that cried and whined about not getting into the beta.
    There, you got what you wanted - everyone to get in at once.
    And see, you all did know better than blizz at how this should be handled.
    Now go enjoy your beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope all the whiners read this and realize why they didnt send a beta invite to everyone who signed the annual pass right away.

Technology is limited, my dears.

Deleted
    Just finished the pandarian starting zone; once you get past the hundreds of people trying to click the scroll there are only a couple more annoying moments like that.

I've been having a blast on the beta prior to the recent chunk of invites -- just give it a couple days to calm down. Everybody else is interested in seeing the content too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noobadrood View Post
    Blizz should hand all AP holders their inv RIGHT NOW. Betas are unstable, and with so many people it will be unplayable, so many will just leave and make it testable.
    the game is laggy, so they should invite more people into it. makes perfect sense.

Hey your getting me wrong guys. Im not complaining , im simply trying to inform thos who are in a panic over not getting instant access, to be patient and wait some as your not missing anything at the moment. It will come good

It is a beta. This is what you are playing. Not a finished game. Also, you don't even need to click the npcs to interact with them. Check your keybindings for "interact with target" and target the npc using /tar <name>.

Some people seem to think they're just getting to play early. You are not. You are testing it. It is going to be laggy, buggy and half-built. That is the point.

It is also important that people DO try to log in, and that you don't put them off. Part of beta testing is seeing how the servers react under load. That's called stress testing, and it's commonplace in betas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatz View Post
    Hey your getting me wrong guys. Im not complaining , im simply trying to inform thos who are in a panic over not getting instant access, to be patient and wait some as your not missing anything at the moment. It will come good
    I could be wrong here, but seems you edited your original post to remove a little personal QQ to make it look more like a "public service announcement"

Quote Originally Posted by Meatz View Post
    Its laggy, the first 3 quests are impossible to click almost due to the amount of people crowding around npcs and items, did i mention its laggy.
    Sadly this will be EXACTLY how the final game will be as well for the first few days as everyone rushes to level as fast as they can.

i meant more the scroll item rather the NPCS, apologies. Clicking that thing is anightmare, wish u could just click the item in ur bag to use and be done, save alot of hassle