Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I believe mmo-Champion dropped the ball : ( - warning semi-long lol and QQ

YOU GUYS HAVE CONVINCED ME. I HAVE LEARNED MORE FROM YOUR CRITICISM IN THE LAST HOUR THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE LOL THANKYOU. MY POST SHOULD HAVE BEEN TITLED "I DROPPED THE BALL AND DAMNIT THOSE GUYS @ MMO-CHAMPION REFUSED TO ADVERTISE (NOT FOR SALE) A FAIL PROGRAM THAT WAS PREPOSTEROUSLY OVERCOMPLEX" /sorryimtoobusyeatingcrow

Hey guys my name is Chef Ramsay of Stormreaver-US. I spent thousands of hours over a 2.5 year period working on a tool for Death Knights at my job mainly where I work overnight. It could really be called 2 tools as my wotlk version and my cata version were extremely different. I wanted the tool to be unique in its presentation. I wanted the tool to be sophisticated to the point that it didn't give arbitrary (or opinionated) ratings for things but actually had everything built in to simulate anything that WoW could throw at you in a real-time simulator/optimizer. I finished it (the PvP 1/2 of the program) and man it felt good after all that hard work. Here is my youtube video in which I demonstrated the tool (it's long but if you skip through it in 5% incremets you get the idea in 2m) search for "ramsay-dk" on youtube.
    I contacted a couple important people @ mmo-champion and asked for any support (if they found my program worthy). Sadly I didn't get a reply. I would have preferred a no with a reason but that's ok. This tool attempted to do some unique things. Full PvP / PvE (PvE version was 80% done when PvP demo was released), All Specs, very nice looking GUI with hand crafted custom wow graphics (for those with a keen eye especially). The eyes of the death knight icons, the "custom" back slot icon when you have no cloak equipped (the game re-uses the chest icon which wasn't acceptible to me lol). The fact that every single aspect of the program was linked to everything. The program had every stat for every class / spec at any MMR rating built in. It also had the % distribution of all classes / specs (and even races although that was hidden) built in at every MMR individually for 2's, 3's, 5's, RBG's. It had all the estimated dmg types by % of every class and also how many avg. dots / direct spellls, attacks etc. would hit you (on avg.) in any PvP scenario. It knew (to the best possible prediction) that in a 3's match at 1600 MMR that you could expect 42% of the dmg done to you to be melee dmg, 20.5% to be shadow dmg etc. etc. (these aren't real #'s) by combining class / spec distribution % by their dmg types, expertise, hit rating (and everything else). Sadly I expected at least a sentence of support from my favourite news site (mmo-champion still is). Something like a 1 liner "holy crap check out the herculean effort that this guy put into this dk sim" would have easily done the trick.
    When I finished my PvP 1/2 of the program I wanted to take a couple week break as it was intense programming / graphics / charts for a long period of time. I truly thought that with my youtube video it would at least draw enough support from a wow news site or from the WoW community. I was grossly mistaken. Once I realized that nobody anywhere would really support it enough to give it one sentence I got disingenuined entirely.
    Whether you like it or not this was a very large effort of someone in the WoW community (a solo effort entirely). Fortunately I enjoy working on these things lol or it would be REALLY depressing. I'm doing just fine lol. My point for this post is not to QQ but just to say that I really thought that my tool deserved more recognition than it got (which was none). I strongly support other individuals efforts /applaud their efforts such individuals as the creators of Rawr and Kahorie's DK simulator. The great news is I've been able to play the game and enjoy it more : )
    That will be my last WoW program outside of simple (but powerful) tools which I will use for my own toon and buds : ( I'm gonna start programming apps instead : ) It really hurts because my PvE section was also extremely sophisticated. It knew what dmg types you would get hit by as well according to the boss and also how many times you would get hit by spells (for both MT, OT and melee dps separately). Very nice looking section that you clicked on a picture of the instance and it would zoom in to show all the bosses and show all dk loot / ratings that dropped in the raid (had ALL dungeons/heroics as well!). Then if you clicked on a boss it would zoom in and show his loot table and ratings in red / green for all things you wanted to know (whether it was survival, mitigation, single-target dps burst dps or multi-target dps. Sorry it didn't work out guys : ( I still <3 mmo-champion's site and its nothing personal I just hope that in the future if someone does something this unique and this daunting as a SOLO effort that they give him/her more recognition : ) It does help to keep the drive alive ya know : P Chef Ramsay out! I'm never going in the f$%^ing kitchen again lol. <3
    Last edited by beastsdruid; 2012-03-31 at 02:45 PM. Reason: posters pointed out some lines in my post that I hated myself /thankyou

China called...

Ok i don't want to sound demeaning or anything, but you might want to add some line-breakers in there, since it's very difficult to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justys View Post
    China called...
    Did they lose their wall or something?

1. Please add some paragraphs to your text - this might increase the chance that people will read it
    2. I am sure that the guys at MMO-C are very busy right now (MoP Beta) and get a lot of emails.

Whew got some bars up there lol I thought I ran into a wall.

can someone give me the cliff notes for this

i think someone is complaining about a addon he created but i got too bored to read on

Srsly OP keep it short and sweet then we can argue and discuss your complaints

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    can someone give me the cliff notes for this

i think someone is complaining about a addon he created but i got too bored to read on

Srsly OP keep it short and sweet then we can argue and discuss your complaints
    He made a Death Knight simulator but got no recognition for it.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Quote Originally Posted by Justys View Post
    China called...
    ROFL I did live there for a year.....Canadian though lol.

Deleted
    I skimmed through it but I'm missing an important part, why is this MMO-Champion's problem?

If you're to lazy to read a post, don't bother replying. People like "omg hur hur hur long post china LAWL" should be banned permanently.

On topic:

Really intruiged about the application Is there anywhere where I can view it?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure you spent alot of time on that, but why try to reinvent the wheel? Looking at the PVP side of things, this assumes a certain comp etc as well as the people playing those comps all the same. Each team is going to play different and there is no way at all to simulate that. There are way to many variables to try and sim PVP fights. That is why the only sims you see are for PVE.

My suggestion would have been to try to base your dk sim off of one of the other already established programs in the community, (female dwarf, shadowcraft) which are ridiculously easy to use without a ton of extra screens etc that have to be ran through. These programs automatically adjust stat values dynamically bases on upgrades etc.

Also if you didn't care that much, you wouldn't have posted such a long post about this tool. I'm sure you tried to post it to the DK forums. There are things that in the end just might not work or catch on no matter how much time someone may have put into it.

Deleted
    Gotta say, the amount of work you put into it (going from what I could see of the Youtube-video) is really showing and really does seem humongous.
    It looks really awesome, way better than anything I've ever seen in that regard, so really kudos to you and hopefully you'll now get some more attention.

In all honestly, it could have been the greatest addon to ever grace WoW with it's presence, and that still wouldn't change anything. MMO-Champion is not your own personal add agency. They are in no means obligated to show off anything you have made. You sent them an e-mail and made a YouTube video, and that's exactly what you should do. If the video got enough popularity, you probably would have seen it on MMO-Champion. There is tens of thousands of addons and UI improvements out there. They have to be picky what they can and cannot shocase, and it is up to no one but them to decide what makes the cut. Every artist thinks that their work is special, that dosen't mean The Lovure is bad for not hanging it in Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    He made a Death Knight simulator but got no recognition for it.
    tru dat. I hope it didn't come off as too whiney lol. I just felt when someone solo's a heroic boss in 10m (which WAS worthy) that a humongous effort (whether it's building Kalimdor w/ lego) was also news worthy. Maybe I'm wrong that is entirely possible

This is incredibly impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi View Post
    Gotta say, the amount of work you put into it (going from what I could see of the Youtube-video) is really showing and really does seem humongous.
    It looks really awesome, way better than anything I've ever seen in that regard, so really kudos to you and hopefully you'll now get some more attention.
    Thanks DaDimi I CERTAINLY don't want the attention now lol. My ENTIRE point of this post is that hopefully someone else will get recongnized for their efforts. I'm not really sure where I went wrong tbh. But I certainly am not knocking anyone @ mmo-champion in any way or their site just a simple oversight imho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beastsdruid View Post
    tru dat. I hope it didn't come off as too whiney lol. I just felt when someone solo's a heroic boss in 10m (which WAS worthy) that a humongous effort (whether it's building Kalimdor w/ lego) was also news worthy. Maybe I'm wrong that is entirely possible
    It doesn't really become news worthy until it gains popularity. It would have been better to just post in on the related forums (Elitist Jerks DK Forum, MMO-Champ's DK forum, etc) and if people find it useful it will spread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very Awesome! It kind of makes me want to actually level up my dk, haha.

In any case, thanks for making it so badass and FREE. What a great asset you've given to the DK community.

Keep up the phenomenal work, and hopefully your MoP version can come out a little sooner than this one did.

Quote Originally Posted by beastsdruid View Post
    Whether you like it or not this was one of the largest efforts of anyone in the WoW community (a solo effort entirely) ever made - period.
    Got any numbers or, honestly...any sort of proof to back this statement up?

And I read your wall a few times front to back. I still can't see why you made this thread. You contacted MMO-Champion for 'any help whatsoever', and they didn't reply. They're not in the 'helping people write programs' business. I'm not sure what you expected them to do, really.

All in all, this seems like a 'hey guys look at what I did give me attention' thread.