Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    April Fools Jokes (2012) - Non Blizzard

    I searched, but didn't find a thread to post 2012 April Fools joke finds.

    First one I found was Adblock - now replacing adverts with cats, instead of deleting them.



    A mouseover shows the text "Adblock now shows you cats instead of ads! Learn more.
    Button: Stop showing me cats.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2012-03-31 at 04:03 PM.

  2. #2
    This should be in off topic.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bep-Shandris View Post
    This should be in off topic.
    Damn ... I went there 5 times and searched in the other one, and even then posted it in the wrong place.

    Doh.

  4. #4
    I bet it stands a reason it's april first jokes, not last of march jokes.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I bet it stands a reason it's april first jokes, not last of march jokes.
    Correct. April 1st as in today for me, and soon to be today for other people around the world.

    Note - Adblock is client side, it uses local time ... which is 2:31AM April 1st here as I type.

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 04:54 PM ----------

    Google's 'Quest' view for maps ... check it out

  6. #6
    The Patient Docdruid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lisboa, Portugal
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I bet it stands a reason it's april first jokes, not last of march jokes.
    You forget some people live in the future :P
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."~Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience." ~Anonymous

  7. #7
    I am Murloc! Anakso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    5,019
    Aw, ad block for me isn't placing cats where the ads should be, kinda wish it was now.

    Can't get a screen shot because I exited it and it's gone now, but unfriend finder for facebook told me 4 of my friends were no longer found in my list, then I clicked it and it just said April fools. Only one I've come across so far.

  8. #8
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I bet it stands a reason it's april first jokes, not last of march jokes.
    Never heard of timezones? Its the first of April in many places, Australia for example.

  9. #9
    i wonder whats in store

  10. #10
    High Overlord KaydenGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Australia ^_^
    Posts
    111
    im very curious about what blizzards april fools is going to be tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

    I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

  11. #11
    Im sorta waiting for blizzard's april fool's joke, they usually have good ones. DBM has already started by making random boss quote whispers every time you long in or change zones and stuff.

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by KaydenGrey View Post
    im very curious about what blizzards april fools is going to be tbh.
    as am i.
    게임 은 어렵~~

  14. #14
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,854
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Correct. April 1st as in today for me, and soon to be today for other people around the world.

    Note - Adblock is client side, it uses local time ... which is 2:31AM April 1st here as I type.

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 04:54 PM ----------

    Google's 'Quest' view for maps ... check it out
    OMG.

    That had better be a permanent addition to google maps.

  15. #15
    Deleted
    Lol, saw that google maps one and thought of some google in-jokes perhaps anniversary of some old game... not that it would already be 1.April over there. Silly Californians.

  16. #16
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,854
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Never heard of timezones? Its the first of April in many places, Australia for example.
    Have you ever been on the O-Forums on a tuesday?

    "It's 11AM! WHY ARE SURVERS STILL DOWN?"

    Because it's not 11AM PDT and you're EST?

    "BUT IT'S 11AM!!!!!!!!111oneone"

    Got banned from those forums . . . thought about appealing it . . . decided I'd rather never return to that cesspool again.

  17. #17

  18. #18

    Post April 1st Jokes You've Found Across The Web Here!

    Post any April fools jokes you've found here!

    Google introduces 8-bit google maps for the NES
    http://www.youtube.com/googlemaps

    link to try out 8-bit google maps http://maps.google.com/?t=8&utm_camp...&utm_source=yt
    Last edited by bals; 2012-03-31 at 11:12 PM.

  19. #19
    They've gone quite far with it, they've done some of their street view in 8-bit aswell well north west of england was all I checked personally

  20. #20
    Adblock is now Catblock!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •