Algalon is Bladerunner?

I searched before I posted this, so sorry if its been answered.

Has blizzard ever confirmed that algalon is basically a wink to last scene in blade runner?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0e1c...eature=related

VS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_saUN4j7Gw

Think these april fools dbm noises just made me think of algalon....damn blizz make moar raids like Ulduar

They are both awesome scenes, but Algalon and Batty aren't really talking about the same thing at all.

Batty is reflecting on his own, protracted lifespan, about the value of his own life experience and the comic reality that it will simply go "poof" from the world he knows when he expires. He is defending the dignity of his entire existence, and certainly that he chose to save Deckard speaks to that.

Algalon is having almost the opposite experience -- everything his endless existence has been premised on is being called into question by the desperate, violent, unrelenting defense Azeroth's champions are putting on. The most the two have in common is that there is an act of compassion in each; Algalon instructs us on how to undo what he has put in motion.

If you want a cinematic parallel for Algalon, I'd propose Chiwetel Ejiofor's role as the Operate in Serenity.

man what a lovely reply and Serenity fan <3

It was the compassion and they both talk about time, I don't know, maybe was kinda effected by bladerunner in my youth....I just can never shake how much algalon reminds me of it

Now if only blizzard made all their raids to the standard they set in ulduar

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen things you wouldn't believe...

The flight of a half-man, half-bird. Dinosaurs nuzzling their young in pastures where strip malls should be. Cookies on dowels... All those moments, lost in time... like... eggs off a hooker's stomach. Time to die...