Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I took a cursory look at the scaling coefficients for SF and DS, and came to a couple (rough) conclusions.

First, they scale identically. That means they get the same benefit from SP, have the same coefficient, and obtain the same benefit from haste... up to a point.

However, they have a couple differences (though correct me on these if I'm wrong, I haven't been able to get on beta in a couple weeks):

SF always crits. Crits are 2x damage, meaning SF always does 2x that of DS.
    SF benefits from crit by gaining 1% extra damage per point of crit (from crit rating only, though).
    SF has Molten Core.

Now obviously Molten Core procs are a bit of a game-changer. Halving the cost and casting time of a spell is pretty big. Even with 0 crit and 0 haste, SF gains a higher DPET than DS (2s cast vs 1.5s cast, 2x damage vs 1x damage). Factor in crit, and it's always a better way to spend your time casting SF while under MC than DS.

Also with 0 crit and 0 haste, while under MC, SF and DS have identical DPFC.

Now, without MC procs, that's a different story. It still might be advantageous to burn off all your fury as rapidly as possible... You might be casting SF at 4x the cost of slash, but under high haste situations (procs/lust), it might be better to burn it off and start generating more than to squander that haste on a GCD-capped spell. It's important to remember that while in meta, any haste over 50% is entirely wasted on DS. Also, with higher haste and crit, it might actually reach a point where SF becomes equal to DS in terms of DPFC or DPET (or both) without MC. I think those numbers might be so high they're unrealistic, but that point certainly exists, especially considering DS's hard cap of 50% haste.

Now, again, I haven't been able to play with the beta for a couple builds, so I'm just going off information scraped up here and elsewhere. Correct me where I'm wrong... and if someone could give me the real, current numbers (scaling, whether or not SF still scales linearly with crit), that'd be greatly appreciated.

Demonic Slash is already at a natural base 1 second GCD, which can't be reduced any lower with haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post
    Demonic Slash is already at a natural base 1 second GCD, which can't be reduced any lower with haste.
    Oh, right, forgot about that little detail.

So basically, as haste gets higher, the gap in the DPET and DPFC just gets smaller. I guess the only real change that makes to my post is that SF+MC starts out baseline equivalent to DS (both in DPET and DPFC), and only gets better with haste AND crit.

Just for some more napkin maths, at 50% haste, SF without MC has a 75% of the DPET of DS, and 50% of the DPFC... Any crit narrows that gap as well.

I wouldn't expect SF's DPFC to ever be lower than DS's without MC, but it's pretty reasonable that it would have a higher DPET than MC with only a small amount of haste and crit, while under Hero.

It's not always about spending your fury most efficiently; sometimes it's more about doing as much damage as quickly as possible. So I think that's a reasonable choice to offer players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got to be blind. I can't find the tooltip for Touch of Chaos! Where is it!?
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    I've got to be blind. I can't find the tooltip for Touch of Chaos! Where is it!?
    It's not in the UI, but it's this: Touch of Chaos

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah that's why i wasn't getting it. My wands actions are overriding touch of chaos. Bug most definitely
    Last edited by Palmz; 2012-06-21 at 02:43 AM.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the passive regeneration rate of Fury up to 200/1000 while in caster form out of combat?
    What is the passive decay rate of Fury down to 200/1000 while in caster form out of combat?

Sorry if I didn't read all the thread, but I just got my beta passaport today and I have a question about Demoniac Pact. Was it removed from the game? Do demo locks still have some 10% SP buff?

All warlocks have it now, it's been transfered to dark intent instead, replacing its old effect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biiru View Post
    Sorry if I didn't read all the thread, but I just got my beta passaport today and I have a question about Demoniac Pact. Was it removed from the game? Do demo locks still have some 10% SP buff?
    IIRC, the +10% spellpower is now Dark Intent's effect, the DoT/HoT link buff has been removed and now just a static buff the entire class has access to.

Hm ok. So does this mean no more haste buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Biiru View Post
    Hm ok. So does this mean no more haste buff?
    Sadly. Boomkins, Spriests and Fire Mages will miss it dearly.

I will barely miss old Dark Intent. It was cool sharing a dark bond with someone and all, bidding wars for who'd get the buff, etc, etc, but it really sucked, in the end, having to pick just one target for it -- especially during the days when we'd have a couple shadow priests, a couple fire mages, and a couple Resto druids, with me the only lock. Ugh.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I will barely miss old Dark Intent. It was cool sharing a dark bond with someone and all, bidding wars for who'd get the buff, etc, etc, but it really sucked, in the end, having to pick just one target for it -- especially during the days when we'd have a couple shadow priests, a couple fire mages, and a couple Resto druids, with me the only lock. Ugh.
    It was always an extremely easy decision for me. Always the highest dps Shadow Priest. If there was no Shadow Priest, then it was the highest dps Mage for Single Target/Burst AoE, and the highest dps Boomkin for a fight like Gunship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stone Guardians as Demo: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/zizfb5vn40kin1hb/

Video coming as it processes LOL NVM

Last edited by Kaizers; 2012-06-23 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Video Finished

You stood in a perfect line of 2 targets both with corruption on them and completely neglected voidray. Why do you hate voidray, it does the same damage as D/ with a .5sec longer GCD at the same cost, so you stay in meta longer, benefit from haste more, refresh corruption on both targets, and deal double the damage per hit(from hitting 2 targets as opposed to 1). Also i saw it looked very possible with your setup to position yourself easily for hitting all 3 targets. VoidRay is a nice guy, don't neglect him.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a good thought, I might just try out Void Ray when this boss comes back for more testing.

I just checked the simcraft for warlocks and noticed this mechanic i dont like and i really hope wont make it to live
    summon_felguard,if=buff.grimoire_of_sacrifice.stack<2
    Basically what this means is that for maxdps u need to take grimoire of sacrifice and keep 2 stacks of it up or at least try, and u do that by instantly summoning a pet in demon form every 15s or so.
    Last edited by n0n3; 2012-06-26 at 12:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep been that way for a while, I really dislike demon swapping 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    I just checked the simcraft for warlocks and noticed this mechanic i dont like and i really hope wont make it to live
    summon_felguard,if=buff.grimoire_of_sacrifice.stack<2
    Basically what this means is that for maxdps u need to take grimoire of sacrifice and keep 2 stacks of it up or at least try, and u do that by instantly summoning a pet in demon form every 15s or so.
    No, you're completely misunderstanding what that means. Hint: Grimoire of Sacrifice has a 2 minute cooldown.