Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Bloodfire View Post
    WoW Lore and RP was here.
    Lol, did not see what forum I was in. GW2 do look nice, and I do believe Necromancer is a class I would love to RP that.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2012-04-03 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Bloodfire View Post
    Lol, did not see what forum I was in. GW2 do look nice, and I do believe Necromancer is a class I would love to RP that.
    No worries.
    If I was to actually RP, and if it was as anything other than my Charr Warrior, I think it would be a human necromancer.
    For anyone who has seen me say my mesmer will be my second main, I've been re-considering recently. Mesmer's are starting to look more and more like basic casters with clones that can't be used as distractions instead of the mindfucking goodtimes I'd been expecting.

Deleted
    William Vandread - A human Necromancer. He was a peculiar boy at young age and had an traumatizing experience, where his parents got murdered before his very eyes.
    William was sent to a orphanage, and he never made any friends. His trauma evolves into a mental disorder which tells him to kill, and hungers for blood and destruction.
    It is believed that it's a suppressed personality of William that emerges through his mental disorder, and he breaks out and takes control when William enters battle.

he got into necromancy and lots of trouble, involving killing animals and seeking to kill the murderers of his parents. William got adopted by a necromancer willing to teach him in necromancy and change his ways.
    Together they tried to suppress the mental disorder, but to no avail, and instead started working on controlling it instead.
    William's adoptive father dies of old age, and William inherited all his belongings.

William is now trying to become a functioning member of society, and has joined up with the guild a guild named "Ashenfold Cartel" due to several circumstances.

So yeah, my character is fucked up, and this is a rather bad summary of his history, and i have the full history on my RP guild website.
    If you're interested in RP:ing, check out the guild recruitment thread btw.
    My guild is up there aswell, the Ashenfold Cartel.

10+ Year Old Account
    My norn engineer will be a brewer, who, besides drinking his concoctions, also has other uses for them

Prepare for some drunken dungeon crawling
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    So post them!
    Assuming they're GW2 characters you mean, since this is the GW2 forum. ^^
    (Just pointing that out as I'm unsure if that post was in the wrong section)
    It was rofl. I thought it was the WoW forums. It's the middle of the night I wasn't paying attention. rofl. But if I play this game, which is a big if seeing as I never played GW1, and atm can't even log onto that with the free trial I made. I would probably make stories for this game too. lol
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    It was rofl. I thought it was the WoW forums. It's the middle of the night I wasn't paying attention. rofl. But if I play this game, which is a big if seeing as I never played GW1, and atm can't even log onto that with the free trial I made. I would probably make stories for this game too. lol
    This is pretty off-topic, but GW2 is a MASSIVELY different game than GW1.
    It's basically like comparing WCIII to WoW. It's not even technically the same genre, since GW1 was a CORPG.

This is pretty off-topic, but GW2 is a MASSIVELY different game than GW1.
    It's basically like comparing WCIII to WoW. It's not even technically the same genre, since GW1 was a CORPG.
    Well I'm playing WoW cause of the other WC games. lol

Well I'm playing WoW cause of the other WC games. lol
    Doesn't mean they have ANY similarities besides lore and art style. :P

Doesn't mean they have ANY similarities besides lore and art style. :P
    Well thats why. I play the first game/s to get the lore train rolling. lol Plus to see if my comp can even handle it. Seems like any game with graphics more advanced then WoWs, my comp cant play.

Well thats why. I play the first game/s to get the lore train rolling. lol Plus to see if my comp can even handle it. Seems like any game with graphics more advanced then WoWs, my comp cant play.
    Just saying, don't let your opinion (or lack thereof, in this case xD) of GW1 make you pass over GW2, it's a completely different game in almost every possible way.
    And is looking like it will be a unique and enjoyable game, with how many things they're doing to break the MMO mould.
    Should give it a try, or at very least a good look.

ANYWAYS, couldn't be getting more off-topic, anyone else have a backstory for their characters?
    Preferably more Charr. Yeah, I went there.

10 characters, 10 stories. I keep telling them in different topics.

So I've got a character here. The story will come later on.

Her name is; Ramona Dreamstealer. She's a Sylvari Mesmer. The jungle is a dangerous place, it's filled with traps, secrets, monsters and... me. If you managed to survive the jungle, you have yet to survive me, because... I know all about you, let's say I studied you. I know all about you, your weaknesses and your strengths. Don't be too frightened, I have no business in hurting you....yet. I'm a master of deceit and deception, so I will have my way eventually. It's basically up to you when you give in, you can just extend the time until you're one of my puppets. You know, I'm a lot nicer when you are on my side. You 'are' on my side aren't you?

Deleted
    Havn't come up with a story yet for my character(s), but I do enjoy coming up with one for most of my char(r)s even though I don't always play on RP realms. My main will be a Charr engineer. Will probably be a more generic, if some what quirky engineer for the Iron Legion or a happy saboteur for the Ash Legion.

Probably wont play on an RP server though, since alot of (in my experience) RPers ruin the experience with having obnoxious storys and half of them being orphans (wow, your parents died too? No way!). Everywhere you look there's some "lone ranger" stereotype or gothy dark persona. The worst of wich will almost force their persona upon you should you be unforunate enough to strike up a conversation with them.

Just hope we can avoid Sylvaris named Legolas, Humans named Aragorn and other such BS that is the cornerstones of bad RPing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balfire View Post
    This how feel as well, I hardly RP i might jump into character every once and awhile for a phrase or something like that and I really enjoyed reading the quest text and lore in WoW and other games just never was heavy into it.
    i thought i was the only person who was still reading quest texts! O:
    Rayne Vileblade- Human Thief
    i see some similarities between our thieves
    i like the adding of the mesmer character to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    (Haven't had time to flesh out his story much yet.)
    gogo then :P

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    @Sy - does this give you a better idea of what I would have in mind for a signature based on my character? :P
    yup.
    Also, your thief story, if I'm getting what you're implying, is downright twisted.
    you probably do, especially if you take my signature into account ;]
    The "beautiful eyes" in Drake's backstory, however, is a subtle reference to my girlfriend's character. :P
    hehe, i guessed it was^^

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I don't RP, but I usually make up stories for my characters anyways. Here's mine.
    i like it, nice idea

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    It's kind of a personal thing between us
    X:
    (no, not in that way! Grow up!)
    :[
    *hangs had in disappointment*

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I dont know how much voice acting there will be in GW2? But reading about it... it seems they are far from close to deliver same quality as star wars did. I'm not sure how much of a letdown it will be.
    gw2 character story presentation won't get close to what we've seen in swtor, sadly. there is still a lot of voice acting, but no (or next to no?) actual cutscenes, so much less immersive.
    Anyone know if you can make choices that affects your story, similar as in star wars?
    i know that the choices you make in character creation will all affect how your story unfolds, but i don't know if there will be morality choices to make throughout the story or something like that. wouldn't count on it :/

on the bright side, the dynamic events make the world feel a lot more alive and tell nice stories (or part of tyria's story) on their own, and the character story instances will probably be more dynamic than "kill everyone there and press the button at the end" too.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    That's more general advice for the whole forum, than this particular thread. I wish Bobo would change the format of the front page some so that it tells you right in that box what sub-forum the thread is in. (it would be easy to fit that by moving the ad on the right-side to a different location, and thus extending the "Recent forum posts" box)
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    You 'are' on my side aren't you?
    well that depends, what side are you on? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    well that depends, what side are you on? :P

Ramona Dreamstealer; My side, and if you're not on my side I'll make you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Ramona Dreamstealer; My side, and if you're not on my side I'll make you.
    what if i take my own life before you can?

Deleted
    anyone else have a backstory for their characters?
    Preferably more Charr. Yeah, I went there.
    I was hyped about typing in my back-story. But that reply just ruined it all, and the greatness of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have stories prepared for my characters, Eorain Sylverleaf and Nord Olymbus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now? Unfortunately not, Guild Wars lore isn't as open as Warcraft Lore. I can make it realistic, but it's a fantasy game
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsagget View Post
    Right now? Unfortunately not, Guild Wars lore isn't as open as Warcraft Lore. I can make it realistic, but it's a fantasy game
    rp stuff is usually allowed to bend the lore a bit, or even go against it in some cases, as long as it is still a good story in itself ;]
    that's the reason why the official warcraft rp stuff is considered noncanon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    what if i take my own life before you can?
    Are you really prepared to give up everything you worked for just for the sake of not gaining an ally?

I highly doubt you are :3
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.