Thread: "GAME" Saved !!

"GAME" Saved !!

So, some weeks (maybe months) i read about the store called GAME in the UK which would have gone into administration and so on. Guess what ? A company called OpCapita just bought a half of the GAME company and it's debt of £85m. Read the full article here : http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/gam...122625808.html
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Deleted
    How unfortunate.

Oh, i guess TotalBiscuit Won't be glad to heard that.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Yahoo! news, you disappoint me. OpCapita, you get a kitten with a cookie in its' mouth!
    I don't think saving an evil empire is an act deserving of such a prestigious award... :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    I don't think saving an evil empire is an act deserving of such a prestigious award... :P
    Do you think they will learn?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terranullis View Post
    Do you think they will learn?
    Nope.jpg.

As much as I'd hate to see people lose there jobs, I really wish they hadn't gotten saved =/

Deleted
    whats with the hate towards game ?
    Sure some of there staff are lacking in customer service skills, however in this economy having a store open is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    whats with the hate towards game ?
    Sure some of there staff are lacking in customer service skills, however in this economy having a store open is good.
    Eh, this is probably an isolated incident, but because they couldn't secure copies of ME3, some outlets were putting up copies of ME2 with a sticker over the 2, hoping people would be dumb enough to buy that thinking it's ME3. And the way the company is apparently treating it's Irish employees...let's just say they're not exactly a good store. They sound about on par with Gamestop.

Yes but lets not forget Game completely fucked over 2000 people who went into work last Monday & received a phone call at lunch time telling them "your shop is closing immediately & you're being made redundant - you finish on Friday" and on Saturday morning they received word they would not get what they're due but have to apply to the government. All because they FUCKED UP when they bought Gamestation & had far too many stores - the mistakes of overpaid executives have caused 2000 people who worked their arse off for that company to get shafted.

I'm glad a ton of jobs have been saved, but i won't celebrate something that's cost many people their jobs when it should have been dealt with years ago.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Eh, this is probably an isolated incident, but because they couldn't secure copies of ME3, some outlets were putting up copies of ME2 with a sticker over the 2, hoping people would be dumb enough to buy that thinking it's ME3. And the way the company is apparently treating it's Irish employees...let's just say they're not exactly a good store. They sound about on par with Gamestop.
    Gamestop is shifty as hell, selling opened games as new, etc., but that is just awful lol.

Saved isn't the word I would use. Temporary bandage more like. If Game doesn't turn it around rapidly they will be right back in this same spot and the downsizing will come right back into play. An investment company doesn't take on debt and buy half a company to "save" anything. They do it to make money. I know GAME sells some used games, being from the US I have no idea if it is as extensive as Gamestop in used games, and if the rumors play out about the next gen consoles breaking used games they will be back in major trouble if they aren't already in it by then.

Why? Just fucking why? I was looking forward to GAMEs downfall (was hoping it wouldn't effect Gamestation).

They expanded too much, even when I worked for them I kept wondering why the hell they had 4, that's right 4 stores within the space of about 2 miles, probably not even that and 3 of them were 5 mins away from each other! They did close the store I worked in about 6 months after I left and another one of the stores but even then they had 2 GAME stores within 5 mins of each other and a Gamestation directly between the two... they were like Tesco except Tesco can do that as they are a supermarket and appeal to a wider market whle GAME only sell one darn thing... bit stupid to expand like that with a small market >_>

Fyi yes most of their staff were dumb as mud when it came to Video Games, I was fortunate enough to work in a store that had knowledgeable people in it! When I had to fill in at the other stores now and then I would cringe at the staffs lack of knowledge... felt sorry for the buggers that bought from them =/
    For the Horde!

It sounds as hated as Best Buy

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    It sounds as hated as Best Buy
    that would sum them up pretty well!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good that people aren't losing their jobs but I wanted GAME to crash and burn.