Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This mount is "special" for those who were born in 1988 because it's the year of the dragon ;D For those who didn't well...you didn't ! Most of ppl i know and met on* Wow , used Skype, Teamspeak or Mumble, i think Ventrillo is not as popular in Europe as it is in America... 372*Sword*Melee*Two Hand*Scavenger's Greatswor (4052-6080...yep...)

But what does the mount look like on the ground?! I must know!

Still not liking this dynamic quest reward thing. If they make it optional, that's all good, but if they make it mandatory, that's probably the worst change I've ever seen in the game. A huge kick in the nuts for all Healers, Tanks, RPers, Transmogrificators (that's a word now ^^ ) and people who don't wear plate.

Skype with 1-3 other people, mumble otherwise. Always hearing people's background noise with more than 3 other people in a call isn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Still not liking this dynamic quest reward thing. If they make it optional, that's all good, but if they make it mandatory, that's probably the worst change I've ever seen in the game. A huge kick in the nuts for all Healers, Tanks, RPers, Transmogrificators (that's a word now ^^ ) and people who don't wear plate.
    Um what? what are you talking about? How is getting rewards that are geared towards your spec/class a bad thing for non plate wearers only?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yay more mounts like the latest glowy dragon that can't land, and that have basically disappeared now ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    Iunno, but I think it's a bit sad that Blizzard seems to add things/'features' only after other mmo's do it first :\ Yes, they do make it work after they add it into the game (achievements being their best 'accomplishment'), but ffs. Why do other games have to come out with shit first and THEN blizzard finally decides 'oh hey we should try this'
    What are you complaining about? That they decide to implement features that have been tested and generally liked? Are you mad they didn't think of everything before every other game company/dev team working on every other game out there? God forbid they spend time on content instead of AOE looting, the game is so unfair for the 85s doing karazhan for netherweave! You're literally getting angry that blizzard didn't implement AOE looting before another game did; what is wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by logit3ch View Post
    this is the proof that people will bitch about anything, even good things.
    I died a bit inside after reading it...
    Since I vendor almost all of my quest rewards I could really care less what they are as long as they get me a lot of gold. There never really was a problem with getting quest rewards you needed you just had to do more quests until yours popped up. Now they can have less quests with vendor trash if they want since all of you slots will be covered faster. Also plate classes will make more gold questing. I would rather they just left it the way it was.

Pico mentioned Senior Slayers, but i've not been able to find a link to that website. My father in law plays and I'm sure he'd appreciate being appart of the growing over 60 community of gamers. Thx in advance for any helpful replies.

Quote Originally Posted by NoCount View Post
    What are you complaining about? That they decide to implement features that have been tested and generally liked? Are you mad they didn't think of everything before every other game company/dev team working on every other game out there? God forbid they spend time on content instead of AOE looting, the game is so unfair for the 85s doing karazhan for netherweave! You're literally getting angry that blizzard didn't implement AOE looting before another game did; what is wrong with you?

I'm disappointed in the fact that people have been asking for (one example picked randomly out of my laundry list of AMG WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG TO ADD THIS things) AOE looting for a long time "Gee i wish it was easier to loot these hundred mobs I just killed while farming", but it took another game to have it in it before Blizzard decides "OH HEY WE SHOULD LOOK AT THAT AOE LOOTING THING".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    Iunno, but I think it's a bit sad that Blizzard seems to add things/'features' only after other mmo's do it first :\ Yes, they do make it work after they add it into the game (achievements being their best 'accomplishment'), but ffs. Why do other games have to come out with shit first and THEN blizzard finally decides 'oh hey we should try this'
    You say it like the ideas are laying around and they ignore it until someone decides to put it on a game...
    Blizz does have a ton of ideas and the MMO market grabs stuff from wow all the time. If it's a good idea, why not implement it in your own game as well?
    There's not such a thing as a jar of ideas that you can put your hands on and grab one from there, sometimes someone else will think of something before you do...

Oh finally, the quest rewards are going to help leveling players ALOT and the mounts will definitely be the first thing I will be farming for in MoP

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    You say it like the ideas are laying around and they ignore it until someone decides to put it on a game...
    Blizz does have a ton of ideas and the MMO market grabs stuff from wow all the time. If it's a good idea, why not implement it in your own game as well?
    There's not such a thing as a jar of ideas that you can put your hands on and grab one from there, sometimes someone else will think of something before you do...
    That's exactly what I'm saying. Blizzard likely does have a ton of ideas, but they don't add it to the game until another company/game tries it out first and tests the water. It's too much of a coincidence that they added things people have been asking for for awhile to the game (aoe looting/class specific quest rewards being the two that are the most recent) after another mmo launched with those features.

I've played in 2 of the 3 Latin American servers and RaidCall is the VoIP of choice there. I wonder why it doesn't even appear on the list...

Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    Um what? what are you talking about? How is getting rewards that are geared towards your spec/class a bad thing for non plate wearers only?

The problem is that it removes choice. Sure, many people will want to take the gear that's best suited for their current spec, but not everyone will. How are Healers supposed to gather gear (to be able to go and heal a dungeon), if they only receive gear for their dps spec? That's how it works: you only get gear for your current spec. Naturally, everyone quests as DPS, so if I'm Enhancement and try to collect gear for Resto, I get only more and more Agi gear, no Int.

Also, some people might want to collect good looking gear that isn't their spec or even armor class. I know many people who like to collect beautiful robes or interesting offhands like a torch, even if they're plate wearers, for example. Or a rogue might want to choose a +Int leather kilt for Transmog.

Lastly (the least important point imho, but important for many people), we all know that plate items sell for far more gold than the other armor class items, especially cloth. So if a plate wearer gets lots of plate gear through questing while I only get cloth gear, he's likely gonna make 3-4x as much gold as I am. That is unfair.

edit: the best solution would be to either highlight the recommended item (as if it was a proc), or to be able to toggle this automatic reward thing on or off in the interface section, as you can do with auto-looting for example.

Finally have my answer to a Lore question I have had for like 5 years. What happened to the Dragon Aspects of Air, Fire and Water (aka the other elemental Dragon Aspects)? They resided and protect Pandaria. The new Dragon Mounts are from the 3 elemental Aspects broods. Turns out that they began to distance themselves from the other Aspects in Wyrmrest Accord because they sensed the growing corruption in Neltharion (DeathWing) and the other aspects (especially Alexstrasza) continuously ignored their warnings. So when Neltharion (DeathWing) wanted to created the Dragon Soul, the 3 other elemental Aspects refused saying that the final Elemental Aspect, the Aspects of Earth, Neltharion (DeathWing) was indeed corrupted by the Old Gods and claiming that the Dragon Soul was a trap. Because of this the other Aspects turn against the Air, Fire and Water Aspects for abandoning Azeroth in its time of need. But it was pointless since the 3 Aspects had already left Kalimdor and traveled with their mortal charges, the Pandarians (who always followed their led, rather than the other aspects) to the isle that would one day be called Pandaria. Using their powers the 3 Aspects of Air, Water and Fire hid the isle in shroud of mists. Only now with the destructive power of the Cataclysm has their protective cover been broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man with the music playing in the mount video and the reveal trailer something I realized. This expansion and music fits wow pretty damn well.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    How are Healers supposed to gather gear (to be able to go and heal a dungeon), if they only receive gear for their dps spec?
    and hybrid classes get to choose between multiple weapons based on their specialization.

I imagine the same will apply to armor.

Deleted
    No 'green fire'... that sucks.But damn, just look at the cloud serpents, most beautiful thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    and hybrid classes get to choose between multiple weapons based on their specialization.

I imagine the same will apply to armor.
    It doesn't.