Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenas View Post
    I am not sure if i actually get you.. when u say prestige u mean the loot table u can buy with the prestige achieved ? i dont care about loots i can go with my pvp ready made lvl20 gear and still be able to dshot with one hand at an outstanding level..
    Poor choice of words.
    I can see any enjoyment in WvW being an extension of the same kind of enjoyment you described in GvG...but on a more epic scale. Sure, you share those achievements with others outside of your guild...but you get a shared enjoyment with your whole server.
    Just my opinion.

I still dont get about "different worlds" even though you loose a WvWvW or win it.. your guild will still be there, am i right ?

So why cant we develop a particular hatred/admiration/respect for any guild. ?

I seriously dont know anything about this cause i havent read enough or watched about WvWvW so if someone can enlighten me i would highly appreciate it.
    WvW is a server VS another server VS another server.
    The servers you are facing rotate every 2 weeks, not really giving you the time to develop a deep rivalry with a particular guild.

Once rankings stabilize, I imagine there will be a lot of rivalry among the top few servers. If they stay on top, they will be very likely to face one another again.

i didnt play gw1 so i dont care gvg also i dont like being part of big communities like guilds so i def. dont mind it

Deleted
    guild wars 2 -> guilds cant fight

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post

As has already been said in this thread, guild wars refers to the wars involving Ascalon, Orr, and Kryta in the past. :P
    Star wars:TOR -> No waging war with stars.

(That wasn't game bashing, mind you, just pointing out that taking the name too litterally when it's not why it's named that is silly. :P)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    As has already been said in this thread, guild wars refers to the wars involving Ascalon, Orr, and Kryta in the past. :P
    Star wars -> No waging war with stars.

--------

Deleted

(That wasn't game bashing, mind you, just pointing out that taking the name too litterally when it's not why it's named that is silly. :P)
    Don't get me started on literal names... I'm still looking for those old scrolls in Skyrim. Just like I was in Oblivion. And in Morrowind. And Daggerfall. And Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Don't get me started on literal names... I'm still looking for those old scrolls in Skyrim. Just like I was in Oblivion. And in Morrowind. And Daggerfall. And Arena.
    There's an elder scroll and Oblivion and Skyrim, it's just not a main part of either. It's the end of the thieves guild in oblivion, I believe.. and it's some crazy dude in a cave if I remember correctly in Skyrim. :P

I actually am quite sad at the lack of gvg in gw2. I am however hopeful that they will atleast add something similar in style of how gvg worked. My hope is that additional game types other than Conquest will be added eventually, and one of these could easily have the objective be kill the other groups random npc or "guild lord".

In fact I am almost positive they will release more game types and not just new Conquest maps. Since Conquest is the name for the only structured pvp mode right now, why did they give it a name if more types weren't going to be released? Structured pvp was already distinct enough from WvWvW.

Whether or not they implement a pvp mode similar to gvg, if even for 5v5, is still very much up in the air. Also how often they will be adding content isn't really known. Gw1 didn't really add new things like that except with a new expansion. Sure there were patches, but they were almost all simply balancing issues, no major content patches that I remember.

Deleted
    There's an elder scroll and Oblivion and Skyrim, it's just not a main part of either. It's the end of the thieves guild in oblivion, I believe.. and it's some crazy dude in a cave if I remember correctly in Skyrim. :P
    No spoilers for Skyrim please! Still trying to find the time to work through that one. :P

Hmm, never bothered with the thieves guild in Oblivion. Maybe it's time to go back there.

Server Wars 2
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    I'm not really sure what the problem is. The game is allowing people who may not be in the largest guilds to feel accomplished and useful via WvWvW. If you're in a guild and you make a large assault on a keep, people are going to know who they just got stomped by.
    This! It doesn't matter if you're in a small guild or a big one, thanks to WvWvW, so whys hould we be dissapointed about it; it actually improves our gameplay.

Guild Leader of Imperium in GW 2

10+ Year Old Account
    i havent seen anyone crying for not having this anymore
    you musta missed my QQ posts

---------- Post added 2012-04-02 at 05:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    I'm not really sure what the problem is. The game is allowing people who may not be in the largest guilds to feel accomplished and useful via WvWvW. If you're in a guild and you make a large assault on a keep, people are going to know who they just got stomped by.

Honestly, I don't care who the best guild is on a server I'm not playing on, ESPECIALLY PvP. I could care less who the top ranked players are because I'll most likely never run into them. They can have their 15 minutes and that's fine with me. As for the "strategy, gamestyle, gameplay, skills etc" of other players. I've never quite understood it. I always liked figuring things out our way with what worked best for us as a guild and going from there.

This game even strengthens that. You play what you want, how you want, with who you want. There's no evident cookie-cutter way to play classes (yet). That's the beauty of it.
    WvWvW does not substitute for GvG AT ALL

they are nothing alike

world battles is a substitute for HoH, but nothing compares to GvG except 5v5 battle but even then alot of the strategy and flow is lost, plus the format is totally different
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-04-02 at 11:57 AM.
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

I know that i read the book twice.. but still is guild vs guild GvG Guild fighting for being at the top.. come on is "champion" title is probably the most hard pvp achivement ever in guild wars history...
    People have been buying Champion/Hero titles for ages...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    people buy glad too but you dont see the entire arena population suddenly not give a shit about glad
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

It was mentioned earlier on in this thread but after the WvWvW rankings start to settle down you will definitely see Guilds going at it, especially at the top. While we still don't know how many servers there will be I would expect a "winner" (last undefeated server) within a couple of months and a rack of 1-loss servers behind them. After that, it's a fight to stay at or near the top and guilds will play a prominent role in the top tiers. Personally, I like the whole "serve your server" idea better, though. It makes the whole thing a bit more "grand" and cool for folks in smaller or multiple guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    He means you'll be facing different worlds every 2 weeks, so you won't see the same guild every week to develop a rivalry.
    Actually your server will be matched up with other servers around your level, so the best of the best servers will all be fighting each other worst of worst will all fight each other and them everything inbeween, granted first few WvW matches will just be random, but as time goes on you'll probably be fighting the same handful of servers over an over, unless one of them rises above your servers level range or drop below.

I personally have no attachment for gvg (more because I've only done all 2 matches) so I can't really say whether or not it is awesome enough to be in the game, however I wouldn't be surprised if it were added as a different mode for the competitive side of pvp, however I see it more bein a 5v5 that you do with a group of friends that wouldn't require you to be in a guild *shrugs*
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2012-04-02 at 02:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Poor choice of words.
    I can see any enjoyment in WvW being an extension of the same kind of enjoyment you described in GvG...but on a more epic scale. Sure, you share those achievements with others outside of your guild...but you get a shared enjoyment with your whole server.
    Just my opinion.
    I dont see how you can see the same enjoyment in GvG you had 10 people trained to do most of the stuff during the battle while you had a lot of comunication (vent, ts, etc..) with them and in WvWvW you will have a bunch of people doing stuff you dont want or simply slacking around.. you cant even let them out, you cant make them compete or do something you need to be done to win. In short words you can train 10 people but you cant train a whole server.

WvW is a server VS another server VS another server.
    The servers you are facing rotate every 2 weeks, not really giving you the time to develop a deep rivalry with a particular guild.
    Ty ! So this in fact makes a better reason why GvG must be there. As if you need to get to the top you should be able to fight with a reduced group of people compared to a whole server and make your guild be noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Surea View Post
    This! It doesn't matter if you're in a small guild or a big one, thanks to WvWvW, so whys hould we be dissapointed about it; it actually improves our gameplay.
    Actually my point is you can have 10 well trained people to do an excellent gameplay and try to be outstanding and not in need with what your server does or what the rest of your server is doing. To actually have a need to belong to a great guild where you can improve your skills in game (as is all about horizontal progression). Today following on my twitter #EUfanDay an interesting question came up asking if someone would be penalized by changing guild (the obvious reason was No. ! ) In fact this question was utterly impossible for gw1 as your guild progression was based on all the effort your guild had achieving a rank in the guild ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    You might spend a lot of XXX$ buying a title like this but this will not keep you with a gold ribbon cape as you get down the ladder if you start loosing again. And you will never buy a guild with the people inside them playing to maintain that cape for you :=) + you will never have the skill to play that level...

Quote Originally Posted by vicious796 View Post
    I like the whole "serve your server" idea better, though. It makes the whole thing a bit more "grand" and cool for folks in smaller or multiple guilds.
    Ok, Fine, New playstyle.. Welcome !! Hurray new gameplay we will all have fun with it... But please dont remove my GvG from me.. or I´ll cry ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Server Wars 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post

I am done with all the comments regarding the name it should or should not be a GvG...
    I personally think that was a answer Anet gave at the begining of gw2 when in a press conference someone asked them about GvG they said it had nothing to do with the name and it was reffered to the war Ascalon , Orr and Kryta. Since then i just see this argument as a shielding method to avoid all GvG topics. When the truth is almost 7 years back when i bought my first Guild Wars without any expansion or so and Guild Vs Guild was there from the begining.

Dunno what GvG was like in GW1 but cant you just do GvG pvp in structured matches? Again have no idea what GvG was in GW1.